Kero Blaster Theories

Jun 20, 2014 at 2:39 PM
Hyperbolic
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
I suggest making a theories section for K.B. There is so much to discuss...why are the "negativus legatia" suddenly attacking? Where do they teleport when shot? What is C&F company doing? Why is C&F company selling weapons and heart from his own employee, Frog who tries to save it? Why is the President always angry? etc...

I have a theory about Pixel's general frog and cat motives. Some apply more to the Ame cartoon and less to Kero blaster. Maybe the frog represents Pixel, or how he pictures himself.The female cat is Pixel's love attraction who he views like a nice cat. The black cat can be some male rival. The negativus legatia may be some memories that Pixel would like to erase which are somehow attached to the female cat?

Jun 20, 2014 at 3:34 PM
Giving it my all and shooting for the moon.
Modding Community Discord Admin
The most interesting aspect that I came across was the Weapons Dealer.

*Additional spoilers warning*
Not only is his design unique (Whereas he isn't a cat, a frog similar to Kaeru, or like the PinkHourGirl/HeartDealer), but he has the god-like ability to reduce your MaxHealth, teleport you without the teleporter, readjust time for you to re-slay the Bosses, and for some reason sends Pink away to the clouds for reasons yet to be explained.

Either he is a device used by StudioPixel to move things along, or we have a god-like entity with unknown interests in C&F Inc.

Jun 20, 2014 at 4:07 PM
tem go to colleg and make u prouds!!!
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
trickybilly said:
Why is C&F company selling weapons and heart from his own employee, Frog who tries to save it? Why is the President always angry? etc...
Why do video game shops charge you at all for buying things when you're trying to save the world or do something similar?

Jun 20, 2014 at 11:40 PM
scrungy
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
Thatnamelessguy said:
Why do video game shops charge you at all for buying things when you're trying to save the world or do something similar?

That's the one thing I never came to understand.

Jun 21, 2014 at 12:33 AM
Professional Whatever
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
p185311-0-9cpxd.jpg

Jun 21, 2014 at 4:24 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
Aar said:
That's the one thing I never came to understand.
As far as the weapon shop is concerned, it isn't one. You never buy a weapon there, you simply pay someone to mod your weapons for you. The company line is obviously that they won't pay you to modify the weapons they gave you, which is fair. The fact that the weapon they gave you wasn't sufficient boils down to the President likely not having enough of an understanding of how demanding Frog's line of work is. She likely considers the weapon Frog started the game with to be sufficient for his needs.

Jun 21, 2014 at 7:04 AM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
andwhyisit said:
She likely considers the weapon Frog started the game with to be sufficient for his needs.
Strictly speaking, it IS possible to beat the whole game with level 1 weapons I think (but I think the flamethrower is mandatory in some parts so you can't just use the pea shooter the whole game).

Jun 21, 2014 at 7:49 AM
Giving it my all and shooting for the moon.
Modding Community Discord Admin
If you consider it, Kaeru isn't really saving the whole city/world until the last one-and-half stages.
Up to that point it's just custodial services, then later on where a few of the employees become worried over the infestation.

It's not until maybe mid-TrainStation that the question of these shopkeeper ethics become apparent, and by then the Boss is out of commission anyways to do anything about item prices.

Jun 22, 2014 at 1:05 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
GIRakaCHEEZER said:
Strictly speaking, it IS possible to beat the whole game with level 1 weapons I think (but I think the flamethrower is mandatory in some parts so you can't just use the pea shooter the whole game).
Yeah but he wasn't assigned to that area, so the point still stands from a story point of view.

Aug 24, 2014 at 3:19 PM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
Kero Blaster takes place in a different part of Cave Story's world.

Aug 24, 2014 at 3:39 PM
Professional Whatever
It doesn't sound like you have any proof for that.