Just started with Cave Story...

Sep 13, 2015 at 4:57 PM
War criminal
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
I gotta say, you're doing really well taking the hint and not going back to the topic.

Sep 13, 2015 at 5:01 PM
Perpetually out of it
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
The problem is, that sarcasm is only visible when you're TALKING, not WRITING, so you should write something like (sarcasm) in the end of your post to inform everyone. Or just don't post anything like this maybe?
Context clues are a thing

Sep 13, 2015 at 5:11 PM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
The problem is, that sarcasm is only visible when you're TALKING, not WRITING, so you should write something like (sarcasm) in the end of your post to inform everyone. Or just don't post anything like this maybe?
It's even worse when in speech they are dead serious about it despite being sarcastic >.<

Sep 15, 2015 at 1:48 AM
Indie game enthusiast
"What is a man!? A miserable pile of secrets! But enough talk, have at you!"
I just recently got me a New 3DS XL and while waiting for my ordered physical games, I bought Cave Story on the eShop.

Took me about an hour to get utterly and completely hooked. I love it.

I found out that there ane many different versions, and I have downloaded and bought many of them already to get different playthroughs.

Obviously, I have downloaded the freeware version. I also ordered the 3D remake physical cart for 3DS, just for the heck of it. Finally I got Cave Story+ on Steam.

I tried all of these except for the physical 3DS remake (which I'm still waiting for to be delivered), and the one I'm doing my first playthrough on is the eShop version.

While the free version has it charm, I really like the controls and remastered graphics of the Steam release.

Any thoughts on this?
You have more versions of Cave Story in a hour than I have after... 10 years!? Nice ;)
It's a really fantastic short story platformer. Enjoy every moment!

PS. Don't forget there are mods too when you finish!

@thatSarcasmTopic
I asked a good friend about his thoughts on the matter while playing a game

Dracula: What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets
Yes Dracula... if only you knew the internet sarcasm we now face~

That got me thinking... maybe we could suggest a "Sarcasm" system in the forum suggestions. By having special linkable and highlighted context clues, and a special formatted *coughing sound* [Sarcasm] tag, we can prevent global conflicts and save the children!!!!!!!!! ... on the internet... in the forums... probably not.

#reENFORCEDSARCASM

Sep 15, 2015 at 2:49 AM
Veteran Member
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
You have more versions of Cave Story in a hour than I have after... 10 years!? Nice ;)
It's a really fantastic short story platformer. Enjoy every moment!

PS. Don't forget there are mods too when you finish!

@thatSarcasmTopic
I asked a good friend about his thoughts on the matter while playing a game

Yes Dracula... if only you knew the internet sarcasm we now face~

That got me thinking... maybe we could suggest a "Sarcasm" system in the forum suggestions. By having special linkable and highlighted context clues, and a special formatted *coughing sound* [Sarcasm] tag, we can prevent global conflicts and save the children!!!!!!!!! ... on the internet... in the forums... probably not.

#reENFORCEDSARCASM
I have every official version but the wiiware one. I also have played the freeware one on my computer and phone.

Sep 15, 2015 at 4:06 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
The Wiiware release is pretty much just CS+ for Wii. You aren't missing anything.

Sep 21, 2015 at 12:10 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
I just finished it for the first time yesterday morning. I heard there are several endings. Are there any way to find out the different requirements without spoiling too much?

Sep 21, 2015 at 3:55 PM
Life keeps going, but my temper doesn't.
"..."
Good end
1) Don't go after booster when he falls. Jump across the gap. Yes it will be hard without healing.
2) In the Core area, go to the right corner before the fight and grab something shiny.
3) After the fight, grab Curly.
4) In the waterway, enter the shelter after the jellyfish area.
5) Put Curly on bed, read computer, check bookshelves, check Curly, I forgot order, but just don't leave until you've done the "thing".
6) BRING CURLY WITH YOU, DO NOT LEAVE HER ON BED
7) In plantation, go to bottom where the green guy with the bed was. Speak to curly and the green guy.
8) Return to Mimiga village via teleporter at the bottom left of plantation.
9) Get to the graveyard, enter door at the top right.
10) After speaking to mushroom, examine item.
11) Speak and fight
12) get to curly, talk to her a bit, and play the rest.
13) After fighting the final bosses, head into the shack during the scene where the stones fall from the sky. It will be open this time.
14) Save and prepare for hell.
15) Beat it and the good end happens.
Please fix if i messed up

Bad end
1) When speaking to Kazuma at Egg 00, say "Yes" when he
asks to escape the island
2) Once outside, speak to him.
3) End

Oh, yeah, if you continue with the mimiga mask equipped by not getting back the Booster pack, the Normal ending will happen but it'll slightly change. Don't worry about it though.

Sep 21, 2015 at 6:45 PM
The Preacher
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"

I'm going to hang this on my wall

Sep 21, 2015 at 10:00 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Thanks. I have the 2.0 booster and I fixed Curley and brought her with me. I'm just past the bad ending now. Will continue later this week. :)

Aaaand now the Red Ogre is kicking my butt. Nice. ;-)

Last edited by a moderator: