Just a series of random questions.

Feb 4, 2014 at 4:34 AM
Perpetually out of it
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
Kayya said:
2. I hate the superbowl. My school is CRAZY over it, and so are my parents.
Aren't everyone's parents crazy over the superbowl?
(I may barely care about Football but at the very least my dad does.)

Feb 4, 2014 at 4:37 AM
War criminal
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Only in college will you be more excited about football. Then again, I spent most my time during the Super Bowl playing Mario Kart and Pokémon Y.

Feb 4, 2014 at 4:50 AM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
1. What/Who etc. got you interested in Cave Story?

Well, I'd just heard about forever and finally at the beginning of this year downloaded the Wii version to see what all the fuss was about. Beat it in about half a week and consider it one of the greatest games I've played since when I was little.
2. Whats your favorite part about Cave Story?

That is a tough one. It's all amazing (though I do not at all care for Jenka's puppies...). I guess...it's a close tie between the beginning of the game and the end. The beginning is so nice and pleasant with all the Mimigas and such, but the end starting with Scorching Back (god I love that) and onwards is just epic. And then all that Ballos crap at the end getting tossed in just kicks it up to an unimaginable notch after completely skimming over the one line they mentioned about him after the core fight which I'd just assumed was tossing in random backstory that didn't really amount to anything.

As for my least favorite part...well...initially it was this the first time I played through the game: http://warahi.deviantart.com/art/Traditional-Gaming-Cave-Story-428785192

Christianity (for Christians and otherwise) (And, you don't need to answer, 'I'm an atheist' to this -_-)

1. Did Lucifer rebel against God out of his pride, thinking that he could stand up against God?
Or, was it of envy for the humans that God had created? Or was it something else?

I'm pretty sure he just wanted power.
2. What is your opinion on the purpose of Christianity is?

The purpose of Christianity is to set you up for the life you live as a mortal and acts as a guide for what to do and what not to do. It also is to prepare you for the afterlife with accepting Christ and all that.
3. Why did/do you take up/ believe in Christianity/God/Jesus etc.?

Well, why I took up Christianity was because my father's a Christian. Why I believe (now) is because of a more scientific reason.

Matter can neither be created nor destroyed. Everybody knows that. It can only be morphed into other forms. Grade-school information.

How then does matter exist? Logically it'd have had to have been made at some point, but physics presents that as an impossibility. As such our universe should not even exist to begin with. Yet it does.

The only thing I can think that could make that possible would be a god.

Misc. (For anyone)

1.If Pigs grew wings, would you eat them?
1a) What if they were like, genetically manufactured or whatever? would you still eat them?

If they tasted the same.
2. Who were you rooting for at the Superbowl?
2a) ...Or were you just there for the commercials.

I am on youtube to be annoyed to death by the commercials apparently since they shove that crap into every single video now.

...god I miss 2006...

Feb 4, 2014 at 5:25 AM
Been here way too long...
edward18 said:
Matter can neither be created nor destroyed. Everybody knows that. It can only be morphed into other forms. Grade-school information.

How then does matter exist? Logically it'd have had to have been made at some point, but physics presents that as an impossibility. As such our universe should not even exist to begin with. Yet it does.

The only thing I can think that could make that possible would be a god.
Not being allowed to have sex with other dudes is a logical extrapolation from this conclusion.

Feb 4, 2014 at 5:32 AM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
...how?

Feb 4, 2014 at 5:57 AM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
edward18 said:
Logically it'd have had to have been made at some point, but physics presents that as an impossibility. As such our universe should not even exist to begin with. Yet it does.
Logically this is a pretty retarded argument. You're assuming that matter has to be "made" at some point, that something has to come from nothing/it has to spawn into existence. But who's to say that? Just because it's there doesn't mean there was a time when it wasn't there, so who's to say this point of all matter being "made"/spawned from nothingness truly exists? It seems to me just like a baseless assumption that you turn into a justification for a greater being.

The reason why I hate this argument is because it can be extended. Like if God made all matter, then who made God? And then who made God's maker? You can just go on forever like this. Most people like to say that God wasn't made, he just exists, but why can't we say that for the world/matter itself?

Feb 4, 2014 at 7:48 AM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
Logically this is a pretty retarded argument. You're assuming that matter has to be "made" at some point, that something has to come from nothing/it has to spawn into existence. But who's to say that?

Well...the scientific rules sorta state that....

Just because it's there doesn't mean there was a time when it wasn't there, so who's to say this point of all matter being "made"/spawned from nothingness truly exists? It seems to me just like a baseless assumption that you turn into a justification for a greater being.

It's far from a baseless assumption. It's something I've thought about and analyzed for quite a while. People around the world, for ages, have discussed the subject. I'm far from the first that's given it some thought.

The reason why I hate this argument is because it can be extended. Like if God made all matter, then who made God? And then who made God's maker?

God is an entity that is eternal. It has no beginning and no end. It's an entirely different realm that we, as mortals, are not meant to be able to comprehend.

You can just go on forever like this. Most people like to say that God wasn't made, he just exists, but why can't we say that for the world/matter itself?

Because God is God? Because he exists on an entirely different plane and is the creator of everything?

Feb 4, 2014 at 10:04 AM
daughter of chivalry
"Bleep, Bloop, Bleep, Bloop"
-sprnkles more asbestos on this thread-

Feb 4, 2014 at 2:47 PM
Professional Whatever
Matter is eternal. It never started and will never end. Matter is matter and no one can understand it. We as mortals are not meant to comprehend it.

Feb 4, 2014 at 2:51 PM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
edward18 said:
Logically this is a pretty retarded argument. You're assuming that matter has to be "made" at some point, that something has to come from nothing/it has to spawn into existence. But who's to say that?

Well...the scientific rules sorta state that....
No they don't? In fact you just said that the rules state that matter can't be made, so assuming that this step where matter is made happens is pretty self-contradictory.

edward18 said:
Just because it's there doesn't mean there was a time when it wasn't there, so who's to say this point of all matter being "made"/spawned from nothingness truly exists? It seems to me just like a baseless assumption that you turn into a justification for a greater being.

It's far from a baseless assumption. It's something I've thought about and analyzed for quite a while. People around the world, for ages, have discussed the subject. I'm far from the first that's given it some thought.
"I've thought about this for a long time" is not a base for an argument. Where is your proof or evidence that something like this happened? Where is the logic behind your claim? You can't just say "well I thought about it so it must be so".

edward18 said:
The reason why I hate this argument is because it can be extended. Like if God made all matter, then who made God? And then who made God's maker?

God is an entity that is eternal. It has no beginning and no end. It's an entirely different realm that we, as mortals, are not meant to be able to comprehend.

You can just go on forever like this. Most people like to say that God wasn't made, he just exists, but why can't we say that for the world/matter itself?

Because God is God? Because he exists on an entirely different plane and is the creator of everything?
And see this is why this conversation go anywhere, because you hold God to a special standard where you don't question his existence, you just simply accept him blindly. I don't consider myself an anti-theist, but I hate people who's explanation is simply "God is God" or "because the bible says so". There's plenty of other arguments you could make (for God, probably) that would be a lot better.

Feb 4, 2014 at 3:06 PM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
Why don't you just get out if this argument while you still can, Edward
It'll be better off for everyone here

Uh...because I wasn't trying to be in an argument? I was answering the questions of the topic just like everyone else. Just cause I'm not an atheist like the others doesn't mean I'm not allowed to talk.
Matter is eternal. It never started and will never end. Matter is matter and no one can understand it. We as mortals are not meant to comprehend it.

Which some could also say is proof of God =)

No they don't? In fact you just said that the rules state that matter can't be made, so assuming that this step where matter is made happens is pretty self-contradictory.

Exactly. It's contradictory. In this realm of existence, for our human minds, things have a beginning and end. For something to be infinite presents endless questions.
"I've thought about this for a long time" is not a base for an argument.

When someone claimed that it was baseless, yeah, it kinda is.

Where is your proof or evidence that something like this happened?

Reasoning.

Where is the logic behind your claim?

Thinking through the scientific rules and wondering how something can be infinite.

You can't just say "well I thought about it so it must be so".

I kinda can.

Well for the world there's kinda proof scientifically. It was made as with anything else from "The Big Bang" (which wasn't as much of a bang as people would like to think).

For matter, scientifically we can't figure that one out. It, going by the scientific rules, can not have a beginning and end. But...how did it get there to begin with then?

And see this is why this conversation go anywhere, because you hold God to a special standard where you don't question his existence, you just simply accept him blindly.

Yeah, that's kinda supposed to be the point of faith. And the Bible kinda states flat-out that that's what he is.

I don't consider myself an anti-theist, but I hate people who's explanation is simply "God is God" or "because the bible says so".

...why would you hate that? That is the god damn source material. That's where you get the information on that crap. No other thing can tell you anything about that god.

There's plenty of other arguments you could make (for God, probably) that would be a lot better.

No there isn't as information from the Bible is all we have to go on about him.

Feb 4, 2014 at 4:05 PM
daughter of chivalry
p179210-0-asbestoswithmuscovite.jpg

I thought the creator of this thread requested there be minimal to no fighting (especially over religious crap). You guys are being really disrespectful in having this pointless argument.

Feb 4, 2014 at 4:09 PM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
My apologies. I'll be quiet.

Feb 4, 2014 at 4:20 PM
daughter of chivalry
Random-storykeeper said:
I didn't realize answering other people's questions concerning religion automatically translates to "crap". Good to know.
-.- That's how I speak, my most sincerest apologies for offending. I didn't mean to imply all religions are crap, I just think this argument is ridiculous and unnecessary, hence why I categorized it as "crap".

Feb 4, 2014 at 4:24 PM
Professional Whatever
edit: right, i forgot i'm trying to be nicer
my bad

Feb 4, 2014 at 9:02 PM
Perpetually out of it
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
See Sable this is why I was against posting this thread.
-_-
And Doors, you're already nice enough.

Feb 4, 2014 at 9:14 PM
Beakface
"All your forum are belong to us!"
*Most of the time.

Also sorry, I wasn't actually offended, but I don't like the idea of calling it crap just because two people were involved in a discussion. As long as you know that posing such questions give rise to deeper arguments and you're prepared for it then it should be okay.

Feb 4, 2014 at 9:18 PM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
I really don't see why you guys think it got bad in this topic. It was relatively peaceful.