I've reached a bit of a problem.

Aug 18, 2011 at 7:17 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
I just started playing Cave Story yesterday, and I love it. So then I installed it on my PSP and played all night last night. Now you see, I was following a game-guide, and I wanted Curly to be safe ('cuz I'm chivalrous) and I was waiting for the Booster 2.0. Anyway, I went through, (and recovered her memory) and I got to the Last Cave... Now I thought I was going to be going through a normal stage. WRONG, apparently according to the game guide, since I had the second version of the booster, I'd be in the hard version. I've been playing for twelve hours, and no matter how hard I try, I just can't complete the level. So how do I get the normal stage and not the Hidden one without having to start all over?

EDIT: Also, I'm not sure if this belongs here, or in the technical issues forum. I posted it here because it's not much of a technical issue.

Aug 18, 2011 at 7:33 PM
Only Love, Maximum Love, Forever
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
You don't.
You have to beat it or start over ):

Which is generally why a bad ending playthrough is recommended first

Aug 18, 2011 at 7:38 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Yeah, I tried out the bad ending. It was lame. Like, really lame. Maybe I can find a save that is the normal ending. Anyone got one?

Aug 18, 2011 at 7:38 PM
Been here way too long...
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
It took a few days for me to get past de hard cave on my first playthrough, but there are patterns and tricks that make it easier that you'll notice if you just play it a lot.

Aug 18, 2011 at 7:40 PM
Member Title
"All your forum are belong to us!"
Hmm... I'm pretty sure it's not possible to get the easy Final Cave with the Booster 2.0. That being said, if you wanted to play through the easy Final Cave with the Booster 0.8, you could possibly use a savestate (assuming that they're useable on the PSP version. I don't have a PSP so I'm not 100% sure.). Also, I'm not entirely sure one exists that puts you right in front of Final Cave with your preference of weapons (I'm too busy to look through all the saves right now, but there are many)
Here's where they are if you want to look. http://www.cavestory.org/downloads_saves.php

It took me a good two-or-three hours (straight) the first time I was faced with the Secret Final Cave, and the strategy I used was learn the challenges one at a time. Break the cave into segments and learn to pass them individually without error.

Aug 18, 2011 at 7:48 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Thanks. Also, I read somewhere that if you use 7-Zip or something, you can open up the Data.csz? file on the PSP version, and change things. If the save doesn't work out, I guess I'll just have to work through the challenging hidden version of the Last Cave. Thanks everyone.

Aug 30, 2011 at 1:05 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Thanks for sharing!!!!! It's pretty cool source...

Aug 31, 2011 at 1:13 AM
inside is yello
"..."
Ah, I remember when that happened to me.

My friend spoiled how to get the good ending which I did, (yeah chivalry and all that) but that meant beating the hard Last Cave and worse,
the Sanctuary
on my first playthrough.

It was hard, to say the least, but just keep trying, you'll get it eventually.

Aug 31, 2011 at 1:39 AM
"Huzzah!"
Yeah dude, honestly, just beat the last cave legitimately. Because theres a part after that you MUST complete which is about three times harder than the last cave. Seriously, if you want the best ending, you need the practice.

I beat the secret last cave with little trouble. The part after that, hell (your reading a walkthrough so clearly dont care about spoilers) took me weeks to do legitimately. Yeah i admit i actually hacked a save to get an obscene amount of health to beat hell at first. But i took the time afterwards to practice and beat it legitimately. Because the game deserves it.