Is cave story well known?

Jan 29, 2012 at 8:47 PM
"It's dangerous to go alone!"
sure wish I had one... (our school is rubbish, they dont let anydownloads, that includes memory sticks, me sad now)

Jan 29, 2012 at 8:48 PM
Tommy Thunder
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator
"Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun."
Because you should be learning?.. About other than CS.

My Digital Design teacher gives us 20 minutes of work to do, then we can do whatever the fuck we want. I tend to play on my 3DS or play mods. So I actually do have a reason for doing this >:[

Jan 29, 2012 at 11:58 PM
"Huzzah!"
CS is pretty well known in 'hardcore' PC gaming circles. Magazines like PC POWERPLAY have done features on it in the past.

I think Cave Story has an advantage over many indies because it has universal appeal. Some indies, not naming any names, can contain potentially offensive subject matter. Cave Story is fluffy... but deep.

Jan 30, 2012 at 12:08 AM
Little Bitch in Sheep Clothing
"..."
Cave Story is like an unfinished idea.
If SEGA persuaded Pixel to work for them in the first place this game would've been popular.
But that also means the game will get shitty with all those 'features'

Jan 30, 2012 at 12:15 AM
Only Love, Maximum Love, Forever
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Cave Story isn't an unfinished idea at all you goob.
It was complete, succinct, and had no need for improvements. Despite the work that has been done on it by Nicalis, the original remains my favorite to this day.

Yes, several of my friends play Cave Story, it's pretty popular because my school is 30% nerds, and they're all friends with each other.
That's actually how I learned about the game in the first place, I guess I just liked it way more than everyone else did.

Jan 30, 2012 at 1:42 AM
Banned
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
I went over to my friend's house once, and I saw him playing it. He didn't tell me much of it. A few days after Christmas, I went to GameStop to buy Super Mario 3D Land. They were out, but I noticed the game Cave Story 3D on the shelf. Knowing my friend had played it, I bought it instead (He was playing the PC version. He got Cave Story 3D a week later) :)

Feb 7, 2012 at 7:52 AM
Been here way too long...
"Ha! Ha! Ha! Mega Man is no match for my Mimiga Man!"
I still think graphic is what limits the popularity of CS, though this is ironically part of the charm of it.
I would say that the most young gamers nowaday are spoiled by "advanced graphic", and they are too young to have the nostalgic feeling about old generation games like we do.
A lot of them don't even have the patience to read the story, all they want is some quick slaughter, you know, visually exciting stuff.

I feel pretty sad.
Hate to say this, but it seems that younger gamers are being more shallow and less patient. (I wouldn't say they are less intelligent, though. They are just lazy.)

Feb 7, 2012 at 12:06 PM
Member Title
"All your forum are belong to us!"
Hate to say this, but it seems that younger gamers are being more shallow and less patient. (I wouldn't say they are less intelligent, though. They are just lazy.)

Welcome to 'Merica

Feb 7, 2012 at 7:14 PM
"Master using it, and you can have this!"
I'm pretty sure it's everywhere.

Feb 7, 2012 at 7:17 PM
"Huzzah!"
It's called the collapse of civilization. :p

Feb 7, 2012 at 10:39 PM
daughter of chivalry
"Bleep, Bloop, Bleep, Bloop"
Well, saying that is pretty much what onlineworms was referring to, except in reverse (unless you were joking).

I ranted about this before earlier in the thread, but I think it also has to do with content. I think some kids nowadays would rather shoot Nazi zombies on Xbox Live than play a dumb game about a robot and furries with shitty graphics.

Feb 7, 2012 at 11:27 PM
"Huzzah!"
What? You mean this shitty game doesn't have leaderboards and k/d ratios? Why would ANYONE want to play it?

Feb 8, 2012 at 2:49 AM
"Huzzah!"
Because they're not the people who appriciate retro gameplay. I for one, like retro a bit more than modern. Mostly because it has a larger challenge (like earthbound). Yep you heard me. I like games older than me more.

Feb 8, 2012 at 3:35 AM
Banned
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
Feb 8, 2012 at 7:02 AM
Been here way too long...
"Ha! Ha! Ha! Mega Man is no match for my Mimiga Man!"
Well, saying that is pretty much what onlineworms was referring to, except in reverse (unless you were joking).

I ranted about this before earlier in the thread, but I think it also has to do with content. I think some kids nowadays would rather shoot Nazi zombies on Xbox Live than play a dumb game about a robot and furries with shitty graphics.

They just give up when they see the graphic of CS. It's like:"Nah.. I ain't gonna try this game, its graphic sucks and looks childish."

They don't even want to give it a chance.

And I like:

p127895-0-snfnk.png