Is cave story well known?

May 30, 2011 at 1:18 PM
"It's dangerous to go alone!"
I have searched my entire school and not a single preson (accsept me) knows about the epic :mrgreen: game called cave story ( we all know what its called) but It makes me wonder, was pixles work worth it? was it worth putting all that effort he made just to have it not known about? I guess its just one of those things...

May 30, 2011 at 1:42 PM
Creating A Legacy...
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
If your a gamer its known, Not everyone a dedicated gamer dude.. Or sopme are but tend to concentrate on new generation games such as Call of Duty

May 30, 2011 at 1:46 PM
umm i tried to see if anyone knew cs in my school... none do!

well i think pixel was thinking hmm if i make a game and no one noes about it well thats just shit huh?

then he teamed up with nicalas to make it to the wii alot of people then played it and buyed it for monney!!! you can just get the original for free so i think if you brought cs on the wii or ds u got scammed!!!!
and nicalas and pixel r making the game on 3ds!!! even more people r going to like it more so i think cs will get more popular

May 30, 2011 at 1:56 PM
/end
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
What is Cave Story again?

May 30, 2011 at 1:57 PM
*SLAPS HEAD*
... :mrgreen: FUUUUUUU....

May 30, 2011 at 8:11 PM
daughter of chivalry
"Bleep, Bloop, Bleep, Bloop"
T_T Not even gonna start...

But anyway, yeah. Listen to Jethawk. He's right. Not everyone in the world plays video games. And like he said, a lot of the ones that do that you'd find in your school are most likely the self-proclaimed gaming bros who only play Call of Doody and Gears of War and think any indie games or things that are not on the 360 and/or PS3 are 'super ghey'. I remember once after a school break this douchey kid asked me what I did over break (this was when I first started playing Cave Story and Yume Nikki). I told him I was playing all these cool freeware games..then he just shook his head slowly and said "No. Fail." I tried to show another friend of mine (who is a huge COD fag) Yume Nikki and she immediately dismissed it and said it looked boring. I guess it sort of does, but it's so much more than what meets the eye.

It's really unfortunate that some 'gamerz lol' are so narrow minded with stuff. Nowadays, for people like them, "this game sucks cause it isn't Call of Duty". Sure, maybe it's just about preference, but I love criticizing these kind of people so stfu.

People who are not like that though? Mostly everyone knows about Cave Story. It used to be not as well known but now it has become mainstream, causing people like Cultr1 and Rorlon to get all hipster-faggy and say that they liked Cave Story BEFORE it was cool.

To some (like me) the game isn't so special anymore. But I can see why it would be pretty awesome to someone who hasn't played it before.

May 30, 2011 at 8:18 PM
"Ha! Ha! Ha! Mega Man is no match for my Mimiga Man!"
Tl;dr, trolololol.

Loljk. WD, everybody that was excited about the Wii release gets all hipster-faggy sometimes. You too. Deal with it.

Also, only the cronies at my school (yes bronies, I converted them trolololol.) know about CS. That isn't a lot, only the super nerds. (Not the nerdiest, btw. Like, two people balance yard long fine print equations for fun.)

May 30, 2011 at 8:42 PM
daughter of chivalry
immortalshippo said:
Tl;dr, trolololol.

Loljk. WD, everybody that was excited about the Wii release gets all hipster-faggy sometimes. You too. Deal with it.

Actually you're wrong. I don't really care about Cave Story and I didn't care about the Wii-release either. Also, you are a brony. Your argument is automatically invalid. Deal with it.

May 30, 2011 at 8:56 PM
Been here way too long...
ITT: Indiefag bawwwwww.
No but really, Cave Story is probably the second most well-known freeware game (behind Dorfortress of course). Indie gaming, much less freeware indie gaming, is a small market compared to the mainstream high-budget FPS machine, so you're not going to find a lot of people who have heard of it.
The reason indie games are indie is because most people can't be assed to care about the industry that much and go looking for lesser-known titles that are made to appeal to more... devoted gamers. Taking an interest in Call of Duty and not, say, Trine, isn't a bad thing, because not everyone is that into games. I'm guessing lots people reading this don't read many lesser-known books or watch independent films.

And yes, immortalshippo, all your words are invalid, so maybe stop using them.

May 30, 2011 at 9:07 PM
http://imgur.com/EuvCtsQ
"In Soviet Russia, graves keep YOU!"
WD said:
I don't think you quite know what that term refers to

anyways I love cave story more and more as I go through time not necessarily for the gameplay (that's gotten old after the few years I've played it) but for the story, or, more specifically, the storytelling. It's an amnesia story done right, plus everything about it really comes together greatly to tell the story.

You get reviled glimpses of the story, and by the time you get to the sand zone you're really immersed in it. Also, a lot of the story is told just though the gameplay and the areas around you (which all look great and come together wonderfully as well).

Getting back on topic yeah, most people around our age (think 13 - 18 which is the median for the forums save a few exceptions) don't really know about it because they either have a very selective game library (think playing games on their xbawx or PS3 and that's about it) or just aren't gamers.

However, for people who are really genuinely interested in games, yeah, everyone knows about cave story who the fuck hasn't played cave story

May 30, 2011 at 9:10 PM
daughter of chivalry
Nah I really don't. I just assumed it was a dude who liked my little pony.

Either way, his argument is still invalid for liking my little pony.

May 30, 2011 at 9:25 PM
Demon taming, headphone wearing, casanova
"All your forum are belong to us!"
People im gonna tell you why this game isnt known much. Theres what i call next-gen gamers these people call anything even a console old boring they only have two factors to judge games. Graphics and Age if a game is even one generation old they say its not worth a penny. heres a scenario. "Hey dude theres this awesome game called metal gear solid its EPIC" "really what console is it on" "oh its on the psx but you can find it for about 10 bucks on psn"
"Dude that game must suck" "But how can you even make a guess" "that game is TWO generations old how can you tell me a game THAT outdated is good those graphics must suck aswell"
that is a next gen gamer a gamer who only likes current-gen games even if its one generation old it instantly sucks. And a sad thing is that most kids are next gen-gamers. So yea there is my explanation.

May 30, 2011 at 9:38 PM
/end
WD said:
Also, you are a brony. Your argument is automatically invalid. Deal with it.

You are a female. Your argument is automatically invalid. Deal with it.

See how stupid that sounds? I don't even care about the show, but you shouldn't invalidate someone just because they like something. Only if they're being an annoying little twat should you invalidate them and then it should be based on their actions and not what they like.

Sure, he was being a bit of a smartass in his post, but that isn't an excuse to be an annoying little smartass back to him and tell him because of what he likes whatever he says is invalidated.

May 30, 2011 at 9:44 PM
daughter of chivalry
I'm sowwy mommy v.v

May 30, 2011 at 9:47 PM
A old relic from older days
"..."
MetaSeraphim said:
What is Cave Story again?

When I read that, your siggy was the one of the guy putting on a pair of sunglasses on and smiling, and all I could think of was "DEAL WITH IT"

Also, Fab summed things up pretty nicely for indie game notoriety (or lack thereof).

May 30, 2011 at 9:56 PM
Seraphim is now the most successful... i dunno... I've ever seen. You cwazy, WD. Also, WD, nice derailment continuation. I know I started it, but you wanted to insult the glorius Pony overlords, so... Anyways, back on topic. I live in the deep south. There's not even many people who are those Halo/CoD twats.

May 30, 2011 at 10:02 PM
Hey.
"In Soviet Russia, graves keep YOU!"
Captain Fabulous said:
Dorfortress.

Never heard of it.

immortalshippo said:
Everybody that was excited about the Wii release gets all hipster-faggy sometimes.

I couldn't disagree more. I myself prefer the Wiiware version, despite the harder to use controls not-as-good soundtrack. I was in fact excited for it, and I don't get "Hipster-faggy" about it, so it's completely wrong.

You should think a little more when you post something.

May 30, 2011 at 10:04 PM
Ollie said:
Never heard of it.

I couldn't disagree more. I myself prefer the Wiiware version, despite the harder to use controls not-as-good soundtrack. I was in fact excited for it, and I don't get "Hipster-faggy" about it, so it's completely wrong.

You should think a little more when you post something.

NEVAR HEARD OF DORFFORTRESS?!?

INDIE GAEM EMERGENCIE!

OHNOES! LINKNAOKTHX. http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/

EDIT: This game is so amazing... And confusing.... *cries* (/overlydramaticsarcasmovernow.)

May 30, 2011 at 10:09 PM
daughter of chivalry
immortalshippo said:
You cwazy, WD. Also, WD, nice derailment continuation. I know I started it, but you wanted to insult the glorius Pony overlords

Lmfao.

Anyway, I'm not gonna bother. You're lucky you don't have those types of people in your area though. Here it's all about COD, COD, COD, and more COD.

May 30, 2011 at 10:17 PM
/end
Feel free to hate on him for being an annoying little twat, which is how he is acting now, just don't bring the fact that he likes something into it as a way to show he sucks.

People suck on their own accord, not because of things they like.

Mommy's life lesson.