Is cave story well known?

May 30, 2011 at 11:06 PM
"Ha! Ha! Ha! Mega Man is no match for my Mimiga Man!"
MetaSeraphim said:
Where in the world did you pull that from?

I dunno, but I'm done with this for now. Too crazy.

May 30, 2011 at 11:10 PM
Been here way too long...
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Also, immortalshippo, nice derailment continuation.

May 30, 2011 at 11:12 PM
Captain Fabulous said:
Also, immortalshippo, nice derailment continuation.

Why thank you.
On topic then? CoD fans are faggots. Cave story is amazingly better. duh.
@Seraphim Why thank you, too. I love/tolerate all of you guise.

May 30, 2011 at 11:22 PM
immortalshippo said:
On topic then? CoD fans are faggots. Cave story is amazingly better. duh.

I would like to assume you've played Modern Warfare, but the world is not always so sensible. Please confirm that you have played MW or another decent CoD game.

Also, a fandom is no way to judge the thing it's based around. For example, I noticed that you didn't mention Cave Story fans. What's preventing Cave Story fans from being faggots?

Clearly, nothing.

May 30, 2011 at 11:24 PM
Nicely noted, Captain Fagulous. (not my nickname.)

Also, MW requires no skill.

May 30, 2011 at 11:31 PM
/end
immortalshippo said:
@Seraphim Why thank you, too. I love/tolerate all of you guise.

It wasn't even meant as an insult.

May 30, 2011 at 11:43 PM
immortalshippo said:
Also, MW requires no skill.

You didn't answer a single one of my questions and made a false statement instead. Can we talk about something else?

May 30, 2011 at 11:47 PM
Member Title
"All your forum are belong to us!"
Dang, I leave for 5 hours to go caddy and a thread pops up with over 40 posts...
Like I stated in my thread, How were you introduced to Cave Story, I was introduced when my best friend's older brother (who pwns like a beast in CoD, Halo, and GoW but isn't all jerkish about it, he still plays indie games) showed him this, who in turn showed it to me when he was over my house once browsing the Wii virtual shop.

My point is, I was lucky things fell into place at the right place at the right time. No one in my school (all 400+ students) had never played or heard of Cave Story (even my friends, the once-called "nerds", but now we're known as the "gamers"). Now, I've coaxed three of my other friends to playing the game.

Cave Story is a game that finds you if you're interested in games like it, but if you don't care for these kinds of games then you most likely won't ever play it.

May 30, 2011 at 11:54 PM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
I've raised my little brothers on older-gen games (their first system was the super nintendo I lent them), so that they wouldn't suffer from this. They are able to enjoy older games because of it, but they still do want to play the newer games, which I think is a good balance.

Honestly I think younger kids should be given older systems, since on top of giving them respect for older games, older systems are generally cheap if you buy them online.

May 31, 2011 at 8:08 AM
daughter of chivalry
"Bleep, Bloop, Bleep, Bloop"
I plan to do that to mine if I ever have any. It'd be nice to see someone possibly enjoy the stuff I grew up with as well.

Of course, complaints of Jimmy having a super shiny PS5 or a Super Xbox 360 Deluxe mega whatever the shit while my kid has a N64 will definitely pop up. But he can just deal with it.

May 31, 2011 at 11:44 AM
Pirate Member
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
My older brother only let me play games from older systems. For that I respect him because I have many fond memories from Kirby, Megaman and my best friend Bomberman.

May 31, 2011 at 12:00 PM
Creating A Legacy...
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
Megman ftw :D!

May 31, 2011 at 12:04 PM
Demon taming, headphone wearing, casanova
Even during the gba and gc era i was able to spent another chunk of my life with retro games thanks to: megaman x collection, sonic mega collection, and super mario world. I had lots of next gen games but somehow i still enjoyed super mario world and the 2 collection games more than any other.

edit: and did i mention being a megaman fan too in the introduce you're self thread (Too lazy to look for the whole name)

May 31, 2011 at 1:41 PM
"It's dangerous to go alone!"
oh and BTW I saw that on the wii shop channel there was these free demos of games so I tryed out this "cave story" then realised that I could download it for free on the computer so thats how I descovered Cave Story... and porsonaly I think the wii ware wone (see what I did there?! :D) isnt as good as the original anyways... OH! and the only reson I decided to download the cave story demo Is coz I saw Japaneise writing on it... And I loooove Japaniese stuff! X3. okay Im gonna shut up now 0.0

May 31, 2011 at 1:50 PM
Demon taming, headphone wearing, casanova
have you Informed of the rule about using too many smilies.

May 31, 2011 at 2:03 PM
Bonds that separate us
Forum Administrator
If I ever have children (BAHAHAHAHAHA) the first thing I'm going to do is introduce them to the wonders of old-gen emulation. They may grow up to be pirates, but that'll only be an issue if video games industry is even worth a damn in ~20 years' time.

May 31, 2011 at 2:08 PM
/end
GIRakaCHEEZER said:
I've raised my little brothers on older-gen games (their first system was the super nintendo I lent them), so that they wouldn't suffer from this. They are able to enjoy older games because of it, but they still do want to play the newer games, which I think is a good balance.

Honestly I think younger kids should be given older systems, since on top of giving them respect for older games, older systems are generally cheap if you buy them online.

WD said:
I plan to do that to mine if I ever have any. It'd be nice to see someone possibly enjoy the stuff I grew up with as well.

DoubleThink said:
If I ever have children (BAHAHAHAHAHA) the first thing I'm going to do is introduce them to the wonders of old-gen emulation. They may grow up to be pirates, but that'll only be an issue if video games industry is even worth a damn in ~20 years' time.

I knew this forum had good people.

May 31, 2011 at 7:38 PM
Pirate Member
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
If I ever have a kid, sure I'd show him a few games but I wouldn't emphasize it much.

The last thing I'd want for my kid would be to end up like us :muscledoc: