Iron Bird Story translate

Jun 18, 2016 at 3:32 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
We cave story China forum many fans of "iron bird story" are interested in, so I and small partners themselves translated Chinese version.:critter:
Although we have almost no one to learn Japanese, but we used the Google Youdao Baidu and other translation sites, with the Antarctic Star software translation "error coding".:)
Want someone to support.

Jun 18, 2016 at 5:32 PM
Based Member
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Ah, so it seems you are translating Iron Bird Story into English! If that's what you're asking for help on, I'd be more than happy to correct the grammar and help this translation be the best it can be. Is that something you'd like help with?

Jun 18, 2016 at 11:04 PM
The TideWalker
Modding Community Discord Founder
"That dog!"
Yeah the English is terribly broken and some of the conversations make no sense at all;

Capture7_zpsudarfqpp.png

Capture_zpsfhcqlfli.png

Other then that the mod isn't bad or anything from what little I've played;

Jun 19, 2016 at 2:26 AM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
I know my English is bad,If you would like to, I hope you can directly modify my translation file, I want to express their own meager strength to express the story.:oops:

Jun 19, 2016 at 2:52 AM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Yeah the English is terribly broken and some of the conversations make no sense at all;

Capture7_zpsudarfqpp.png

Capture_zpsfhcqlfli.png

Other then that the mod isn't bad or anything from what little I've played;
日文的一些语义转成英文时,实在难以表达,但我又想留住,所以就像你看到的那样了。。。

Jun 19, 2016 at 5:23 PM
The TideWalker
"That dog!"
分かりました。日本語と英語はとても別です。

中国語を分からない、すみません。

それに、この月間、僕の時間わありません。編集がない

Not all the English is terrible; it's at least understandable on a basic level (for the most part), I'll see what I can do as soon as I get some free time if Hayden hasn't already done anything.

Last edited:
Jun 19, 2016 at 6:06 PM
Beakface
"All your forum are belong to us!"
分かりました。日本語と英語はとても別です。

中国語を分からない、すみません。

Did you just respond in Japanese to a question asked in Chinese? (Well I guess it's only fair considering masro's response was in a different language in the first place, but...)

I have never played Iron Bird Story before, but this might give me some incentive to. You seem to be doing a fine job, attempting to translate it yourself and then asking for help after. Shows that you put effort.

Last edited:
Jun 20, 2016 at 11:14 AM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Our Chinese forum to play "iron bird story" is mainly to see the story of the game. we forum most people are still at school,
we will Gaokao(National Higher Education Entrance Examination).:pignon2:So I not have long time.
Can talk with foreigners, I have been very happy (although I wrote these in English by “Baidu translate” help)

Jun 20, 2016 at 6:34 PM
The "C" in "college" is for "crippling debt".
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
Our Chinese forum to play "iron bird story" is mainly to see the story of the game. we forum most people are still at school,
we will Gaokao(National Higher Education Entrance Examination).:pignon2:So I not have long time.
Can talk with foreigners, I have been very happy (although I wrote these in English by “Baidu translate” help)

I found a short article that will help with your grammar. Grammar in English is different from Chinese. If you want to develop your English, you should start by using the correct syntax. You (I'm assuming that's what the "help" was referring to at the end.)

Also, I strongly suggest using Google Translate instead of Baidu, because Google Translate is developing much quicker than most other translators (in my experience).

我发现了一个简短的文章,将与你的语法帮助。语法在英语是中国人不同。如果你想发展你的英语,你应该用正确的语法开始(我假设你是通过“帮助”你的最后一个帖子的结尾是什么意思。)

另外,我强烈建议使用谷歌翻译,而不是百度,因为谷歌翻译正在开发比其他大多数译者更快(在我的经验)。

Jun 20, 2016 at 8:28 PM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
中国語を分からない、すみません。
分かる here should be using the が particle, not the を. And you should probably either have a period here or something to connect these 2 verbs, since right now this is basically just 2 sentences that you've put together with a comma. ので might be a good way to tie the 2 together, so it would be like:
中国語が分からないので、すみません。

First off, you're using the wrong particle here again. It's pronounced わ but it's written は, so it should be like "僕の時間はありません。”. However, to me this sentence doesn't really make much sense. "My time doesn't exist"? Or "I don't have my time"? I get what you're trying to say, but I don't think it's coming across right here. I think there's a simpler way to say you don't have any free time, probably should just say "僕は暇じゃないです。” (I'm not free/I don't have free time)

And also "編集がない"? "Editing doesn't exist"/"I don't have editing"?? This doesn't really make sense, I think. This can be a suru verb, so you're probably better off just saying ”編集しない” (I won't edit it) or what I think you're trying to say, "編集できない” (I can't edit it).

Jun 21, 2016 at 5:47 AM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
分かる here should be using the が particle, not the を. And you should probably either have a period here or something to connect these 2 verbs, since right now this is basically just 2 sentences that you've put together with a comma. ので might be a good way to tie the 2 together, so it would be like:
中国語が分からないので、すみません。

First off, you're using the wrong particle here again. It's pronounced わ but it's written は, so it should be like "僕の時間はありません。”. However, to me this sentence doesn't really make much sense. "My time doesn't exist"? Or "I don't have my time"? I get what you're trying to say, but I don't think it's coming across right here. I think there's a simpler way to say you don't have any free time, probably should just say "僕は暇じゃないです。” (I'm not free/I don't have free time)

And also "編集がない"? "Editing doesn't exist"/"I don't have editing"?? This doesn't really make sense, I think. This can be a suru verb, so you're probably better off just saying ”編集しない” (I won't edit it) or what I think you're trying to say, "編集できない” (I can't edit it).
GIRakaCHEEZERo( ̄ヘ ̄*o) ----- Σ( ° △ °|||)-author!:)
We have a lot of people played your WTF STORY and TESS, some of our people to translate it into Chinese version.
The "Portal gun" is awesome!
Sue's Story and Dreams of Reality 1-2,The Witching Hour,Eternal Chaos,video game,Temple,Haunted House Story,Schemo ................Which we have played.
(I don't like one-third of life capsule= =)

Jun 22, 2016 at 3:05 AM
The TideWalker
"That dog!"
中国語が分からないので、すみません。

Yeah, as you can tell my Japanese is pretty terrible... I don't actually know how to use ので. (or that ever existed for that matter)

So you can't say Xがない to make complete sentences (with context)?
yeah I was trying to say "I don't have free time" and "I can't edit it".

And I swear that I had written は instead of わ.

Jun 22, 2016 at 4:14 AM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
So you can't say Xがない to make complete sentences (with context)?

You can say "Xがない" to make a complete sentence, but then you're literally saying "I don't have X" or "X doesn't exist". So depending on the context this may not make sense unless you're trying to say you don't have X or something. "Xがない" doesn't really work for "I can't X", infact "X出来ない” is probably your best bet if X is a suru verb, or "X事が出来ない" if X is another type of verb (like 使う or something).

We have a lot of people played your WTF STORY and TESS, some of our people to translate it into Chinese version.

Ah cool, always nice to meet someone who's played my games. I'm glad you enjoyed them.

Jun 23, 2016 at 4:15 AM
The TideWalker
"That dog!"
Sue's Story and Dreams of Reality 1-2,The Witching Hour,Eternal Chaos,video game,Temple,Haunted House Story,Schemo ................Which we have played.
(I don't like one-third of life capsule= =)

Yeah that was kinda or rude of me to not respond to your post (I was super tired wehn I wrote that so please forgive me)

I feel the same as GiR I'm happy some people enjoyed Sue's Story and DoR 1-2

You can say "Xがない" to make a complete sentence, but then you're literally saying "I don't have X" or "X doesn't exist". So depending on the context this may not make sense unless you're trying to say you don't have X or something. "Xがない" doesn't really work for "I can't X", infact "X出来ない” is probably your best bet if X is a suru verb, or "X事が出来ない" if X is another type of verb (like 使う or something).

Noted; thanks for the advice I'm pretty much stuck learning from books/web and never get to interact with other speakers.