Insignificant Studio's: 'The Underside'

Mar 12, 2007 at 1:20 AM
Been here way too long...
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
Quite an interesting game, really. Nothing too original, though... There are a few good little things in the 'demo' that are original, but other things arn't really.

(And I saw 2 or 3 blocks that were from cavestory originally.)

Mar 12, 2007 at 4:21 AM
Starbound sucked sadly
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
hmm i wasnt paying to much attention to see the blocks..

seems nice but really short demo :eek:

Mar 12, 2007 at 12:06 PM
Hoxtilicious
Osmose said:
It's quite possible and probably that the engine is original in it's coding - there's no obvious similarities in the EXE that my limited skills can see. They use OGGs for sound, map formats are different...

Hmm, yeah I think so, he did it with a tool: Multimedia Fusion. :eek:

Osmose said:
However, the incredible similarity gameplay wise still exists. They haven't done anything unforgivable, but they are too close to Cave Story to really be unique.

I fully agree, I mean this game is pretty fun I like it kinda much :D
But its too much Cave Story like (Anyhow its a bit special too but as I said its too much like Cave Story ;))

Shadowfire said:
They have stated they made their own engine. Some people believe this. Others don't. I'M GONNA USE SUE'S AND FIND OUT MWHAHAHAHAHA!

You won't find anything, the format is totally different ;)

ZTaimat said:
Quite an interesting game, really. Nothing too original, though... There are a few good little things in the 'demo' that are original, but other things arn't really.

Yeah, but in my opinion its too much like a edited Cave Story (Anyhow you're right some things aren't really original)

ZTaimat said:
(And I saw 2 or 3 blocks that were from cavestory originally.)

He tells people not to say its a ripoff and uses Pixels blocks...
Thats... Dumb and hilarous both at the same :D

Mar 12, 2007 at 4:50 PM
Hoxtilicious
ShInInG PhAnToM said:
Since everyone thinks its ok now to use someone other's work even without crediting, I don't wanna see anyone posting in 'nsignificant Studio's The Underside' thread that it's a ripoff...

For details here.

Mar 13, 2007 at 1:17 AM
"..."
No offense, but you seriously need to calm down about this issue. The fact of the matter is that although you scold others for not being tolerant of your opinion, you always have to push in your own last word, almost like you're taunting them. Locking that thread would be considered mod power abuse in most other forums - you were getting frustrated in an argument and locked all discussion on it.

Your role as mod was mainly to prevent ad bots and fake users, and possibly flaming, but so far little to none of that has happened.

Furthermore, Multimedia Fusion is a development suite. Saying that they didn't truely make their own system because they used Multimedia Fusion is the same as saying Pixel didn't truely make his own system because he used C++.

Mar 13, 2007 at 1:41 AM
Hoxtilicious
Osmose said:
No offense, but you seriously need to calm down about this issue.

lol why I need to calm down? I'm not angry of something :eek:

Osmose said:
The fact of the matter is that although you scold others for not being tolerant of your opinion, you always have to push in your own last word, almost like you're taunting them. Locking that thread would be considered mod power abuse in most other forums - you were getting frustrated in an argument and locked all discussion on it.

The thing is, it seems like member wanted to change my personal opinion, now I will stop talking over that because it became annoying for me, it has nothing to do with pushing the last word, its just the one who locks it have got it ;)
All of them had the different opinion I was the only one against this, so I have passed and if all people have the same opinion there is no problem anymore, so I just closed it.
It has nothing to do with getting frustrated, if the only one who is against this give up, then you don't need to discuss it anymore.

Don't see where your problem is, but if you still want to talk, in that thread I can reopen it Osmose.

Osmose said:
Your role as mod was mainly to prevent ad bots and fake users, and possibly flaming, but so far little to none of that has happened.

There were more than 5 bots today, have joined the forum and spammed, you should be more faster before you say something like that ;)
Anyhow there was swearing too and I removed it, I check the forums every hour when I'm home and thats most time of the day, so it seems like you're just too slow lol
Anyhow, my role here is to help. :D

Edit: Eh, I'm here to have fun and not to discuss on a never ending discusion with other members, thats why I passed, do whatever you want, aslong you don't do it with my stuff.

Mar 13, 2007 at 4:02 AM
"..."
I phrased that last part wrong, when I added in the little to none part I was thinking of the flaming. It would better be said as, "Your role as mod was mainly to prevent ad bots and fake users, as well as flaming. So far, however, little to no flaming has happened."

As a mod, you don't lock a thread when you deem a discussion done - if someone wants to continue the discussion they have to make a new thread.

Mar 13, 2007 at 8:02 AM
Hoxtilicious
Osmose said:
As a mod, you don't lock a thread when you deem a discussion done - if someone wants to continue the discussion they have to make a new thread.

You can unlock the thread.
But there are things who are kinda weird.
I saw members (I won't tell names) using some words like "SHUT UP" so I don't know why not to close the thread, I not to seem the only one who gets annoyed a bit.
Also someone abused my words for something D: (Can be just a mistake but it doesn't seem the person had read the thread, or doesn't wanted to.)
And members seem to be registering only to post in this thread...

I think thats because I have a different opinion :eek: So I just gave up, don't wanna discuss the whole day (They would surely talk to me again)

Anyhow I don't wanna discuss again, so whatever you will say, I won't response. If you want to continue discussion there again, tell me I will unlock.

Mar 13, 2007 at 9:49 PM
Starbound sucked sadly
yeah that seems reasonable because it is a mods job to stop any unnessary swearing and what not

Mar 14, 2007 at 1:11 AM
"..."
I just want you guys to know, I'll probably come to like this game more then cave story.

Its faster, cuter, and funnier.

Mar 14, 2007 at 8:50 AM
Starbound sucked sadly
yeah i did like the fastness
except that when your running you cant turn around as fast :D
which can be fatal...
but its great overall

Mar 14, 2007 at 11:20 AM
Bonds that separate us
Forum Administrator
SeriousFace said:
I just want you guys to know, I'll probably come to like this game more then cave story.

Its faster, cuter, and funnier.

Sacrilege! >;)

But in all truth I enjoyed it also >.> I liked the plot so far and how the game played out. There was plenty of space to explore, and once I got the hang of jumping I started really enjoying it. The boss was a good challenge, too. And I particularly liked the music in the ruins ('Walking to the Next Town' I think he called it). It does bear several similarities to Cave Story, but then again that's probably another reason why I enjoyed it <.< It should end up being something fun to eat my brain for another couple of months :D

Mar 14, 2007 at 4:06 PM
"The Ultimate Sword of Extraordinary Magnitude"
Ip's jumping leaves something to be desired, and he doesn't seem to be able to turn around very well, but otherwise it is a very good game, and embraces its Cave Story-like nature and runs with it well.
Hats off to this guy.

Mar 14, 2007 at 5:37 PM
Hoxtilicious
Don't understand me wrong Nator but I find your signature is kinda offending.

People who are modding are already "stealing" someone else's work because they aren't making a game from scratch.

Making a game from scratch?
So a mod is a game?!
I don't think thats right.
A mod is like a fangame - it's fan-fiction! ;)
And fan-fiction isn't to steal something. :D

Mar 14, 2007 at 6:52 PM
"The Ultimate Sword of Extraordinary Magnitude"
Wrong ******* Topic

- ShInInG PhAnToM

Mar 14, 2007 at 7:10 PM
Hoxtilicious
Well, first of all: Swearing isn't good.
Secound: Maybe wrong topic but some people say 'The Underside' is a clone so it will fit into your signature too! :D

And I saw Arthur Lee's comment, he's a big Cave Story fan! ;)

Mar 14, 2007 at 9:48 PM
Starbound sucked sadly
Nator said:
Ip's jumping leaves something to be desired, and he doesn't seem to be able to turn around very well, but otherwise it is a very good game, and embraces its Cave Story-like nature and runs with it well.
Hats off to this guy.

i said the turning thing already......
and theres no need for swearing like sp said
when will he fix the comment button :D

Mar 15, 2007 at 1:29 PM
Hoxtilicious
Edited the thread name a bit, though it fits better than: "nsignificant Studio's The Underside."

Mar 15, 2007 at 11:03 PM
Starbound sucked sadly
ShInInG PhAnToM said:
Edited the thread name a bit, though it fits better than: "nsignificant Studio's The Underside."

lol yeah thats better :p

Jun 15, 2007 at 6:42 PM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
the games engine is completly done in micromedia fusion 2
the music is done in FLstudio
and the graphics are made in graphics gale