Indifference Thread

Do you want a woodchuck poll included with this thread?

• Meh

Votes: 8 61.5%
  • Doesn't matter

Votes: 5 38.5%

• Total voters
Nov 22, 2012 at 1:23 PM
Bonds that separate us
Forum Administrator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
I keep feeling I should post more in these threads but I can't be bothered to think of anything

Nov 22, 2012 at 6:24 PM
Little Bitch in Sheep Clothing
"..."
Nov 22, 2012 at 8:00 PM
The Preacher
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
I couldn't post on the forums yesterday because of the javascript thingie.

I was okay I guess.

Nov 22, 2012 at 8:14 PM
The Eternal Darkness
I keep feeling I should post more in these threads but I can't be bothered to think of anything
Me neither. Except instead of "can't be bothered to think of anything," I forget what I want to post mainly because... I have too many things to remember.

Anyway, I finally learnt that it takes 5 hours to download something that is 336 379 KB, for me.
That's probably 336 MB, right?
Why downloading something from Steam that's almost 100 MB takes 10 hours, I have no clue.

Doesn't really make a difference to me yet, though.

And I sprained my elbow, and it hurts like... falling off a ladder and landing on one's neck (which is basically what happened to me this entire week thus far).
Meh.

Nov 22, 2012 at 9:57 PM
Only Love, Maximum Love, Forever
This thread keeps popping up as the most recent Lounge thread, but it's really not that much effort to just click the link to the Lounge to see all the other recent threads, so I don't really mind.

Dec 5, 2012 at 6:10 PM
A Reluctant Balrog's Waifu
Dec 5, 2012 at 6:54 PM
daughter of chivalry
"Bleep, Bloop, Bleep, Bloop"
I have no words

Dec 8, 2012 at 2:13 PM
http://imgur.com/EuvCtsQ
"In Soviet Russia, graves keep YOU!"
the new youtube layout has a couple new features which are kinda neat. it's kinda difficult trying to navigate a new system every 6 months, i wonder why youtube keeps changing it's layout. also the new visual design isn't that great; it looks like it's trying really hard to be cutting edge but really it's just not that visually appealing. i can get over it though because a lot of people post content on youtube that i enjoy.

Dec 8, 2012 at 3:20 PM
A Reluctant Balrog's Waifu
sexplosive said:
the new youtube layout has a couple new features which are kinda neat. it's kinda difficult trying to navigate a new system every 6 months, i wonder why youtube keeps changing it's layout. also the new visual design isn't that great; it looks like it's trying really hard to be cutting edge but really it's just not that visually appealing. i can get over it though because a lot of people post content on youtube that i enjoy.
Hm! There are things that I like and dislike about it as well. What I like the most is probably how the comments display now. They're kinda more visually appealing, also, I like how users actually have display pictures visible now.

I can't seem to get my bearings on the new front page/feed thingy though. I used to have it set to just show me new uploads, but my YT is now showing me old uploads from people I'm subbed to as well as shit they comment on. Boo.

Dec 8, 2012 at 4:09 PM
Only Love, Maximum Love, Forever
You can get it to show just uploads by clicking "My Subscriptions" on the left and then "Uploads Only" near the top.
I changed my bookmark to that because I don't care what other people like.
URL for the lazy: http://www.youtube.com/feed/subscriptions/u

Also, I'm pretty sure they changed the UI to resemble Windows 8 a little more, got rid of the gradients and such.
Looks more professional imho, but I wish they would give up with the Facebookifying, I just wanna see my subscriptions and nothing else, jeez

Dec 8, 2012 at 4:36 PM
http://imgur.com/EuvCtsQ
"In Soviet Russia, graves keep YOU!"
43501 said:
I can't seem to get my bearings on the new front page/feed thingy though. I used to have it set to just show me new uploads, but my YT is now showing me old uploads from people I'm subbed to as well as shit they comment on. Boo.
see this is the thing, you get everything set up how you like it, and then you need to figure shit out again when youtube decides it's time to change again.

anyway, this is actually pretty cool. on the left, there is a "what to watch" tab and a "my subscriptions" tab. the what to watch tab is useless and is the automatic homepage for some reason. in the "my subscriptions" tab you can look at just uploads, or a stream everything everyone is doing including favourites and likes and playlists and shit. if you want, you can stop one person's feed from showing up by hovering over a little arrow on the top right of their little notification box.

there's also a list of your subscriptions on the left with little numbers that indicate if someone has been doing something, which is really cool.

e: i would say i was ninja'd, but i spend a good 30 minutes writing this post, most of which was comprised of talking with my roommate.

Dec 8, 2012 at 5:59 PM
Been here way too long...
youtube.com/my_subscriptions has remained relatively constant throughout all the stupidity, so you could just go to that automatically