important find!

Nov 29, 2007 at 11:04 PM
Starbound sucked sadly
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
i was playing cave story and then i realized something, not sure if anyone figured this out (because i know this was discussed awhile back, but don't think it was resolved) , soz if it has already
but i think i know why the computer has a certain date on it in the waterway, its professor boosters death date if you don't choose the hard way, and i think its professor booster telling you about the notebook on the computer before you try and get rid of the water in her if he doesn't die, because after you fix curly up the computer says i pray for your victory

please tell me if i'm wrong

Nov 29, 2007 at 11:47 PM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
xristosx said:
i was playing cave story and then i realized something, not sure if anyone figured this out (because i know this was discussed awhile back, but don't think it was resolved) , soz if it has already
but i think i know why the computer has a certain date on it in the waterway, its professor boosters death date if you don't choose the hard way, and i think its professor booster telling you about the notebook on the computer before you try and get rid of the water in her if he doesn't die, because after you fix curly up the computer says i pray for your victory

please tell me if i'm wrong

So Booster died the day his wife bore a child?

I actually think it's some relic from when Miakid had the crown.
The computer has only something else on it since you can't take Curly with you when choosing the easy path.

My personal opinion is that wife bore child actually refers to Pixel's wife. I think he has one.

-e-
I just searched for 'Pixel cave story wife' and this was one of the results:
Cave Story
- [ Translate this page ]
Cave Story Screenshot from Cave Story. Developer|Daisuke "Pixel" Amaya .... murdered his wife and children and burned the kingdom to ashes. ...
wapedia.mobi/en/Cave_Story - 24k - Cached - Similar pages

O.O;

Nov 29, 2007 at 11:56 PM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
xD nice placement for an ellipsis, eh?

My guess would first be that it was just thrown in for us to ponder about. Similar to how Balrog is just Balrog, Pixel hasn't really bothered to come up with a species for him, presumably.
Hm... or, thinking back on a recent topic, it could be a little leftover from an alpha build of Cave Story.

Nov 30, 2007 at 12:51 AM
Indie game enthusiast
"What is a man!? A miserable pile of secrets! But enough talk, have at you!"
I don't think it is Booster, at least not on a live chat program; like Kazuma and Sue were earlier. I think something more mysterious is happening here :(

Well first off, as pointed out; the cabin is in a ridiculous spot, no telepad; and the notebook covered with dust probably hasn't been touched in a long time...
Meanwhile Booster who fell nearly to his death in the labyrinth, probably has been busy himself, surviving; tuning his Booster v0.8 to 2.0; fixing the teleporter to escape from the labyrinth...

And the messages Quote recieves are very odd if we assume they were from Professor Booster...
"Why don't you take a rest?"
"You know, I often recorded what I learned in that notebook..."
"I pray for your victory."

Even if we assume Quote secretly types something to alert Booster to the situation, it would seem like Booster would give you more of a heads up on the situation with the flowers, with everyone being seperated and in trouble.

Keep in mind Cave Story has intelligent robots, so why couldn't the computer in the cabin be connected to some sort of intelligence?
Maybe it is connected to Booster in the past, or maybe something else is going on here...

"04-08-08 Wife bore child."
And as for the mysterious dates ..! I can't make heads or tails of those :D If I take them literally in-game context.. hmmm well it's the only date we have to try to figure out the year and time that Cave Story is taking place... If it's an easter egg about Pixel well .. hmph! lol Guess it doesn't mean much ingame... Can't tell, ask pixel!

According to me, in Cloud Story, I'm possibly explaining the date through Dad aka, the mysteriously missing Sakamoto, never hinted about in Cave Story...
I mean why would all of the Sakamoto's go to the island? They all seemed to know quite a bit about the island... So did they have a history with the island? or were they just a few "lucky" crazy scientists who were allowed to go to the island? Don't forget 10 years ago the island caused the "War". :o

"Please heed my last request.
If you see Sue again,
I want you to take her and flee this island.
That girl is Sakamoto's daughter,
and she never wanted to come here in the first place.
But we couldn't leave the child all alone,
so she had no choice but to come along with us."

Also remember the Silver Locket?
[A silver locket in the shape of a fish. From the condition it is in, it looks like it's been treasured for years.]
"Oh!
That pendant!
You found it for me? Sue gave that to me!"

Also remember the words on the chest in the Mimiga Town?
"So long as you retain your spirit of exploration, surely you shall find your way out. This I believe."
Strange...

Hmm.. Also if you want to believe Quote lost his memories perhaps on the hard path he begins to recall them? You know the ominous text :
"Did you know that the witch-woman Jenka once had a brother?
His name was Ballos.
Like his sister, he wielded powers far beyond those of mortals..."

I mean otherwise we just have some crazy narrator who only voices the hard path stuff :p
I'd like to think there's a ton of mystery left in Cave Story ..!

I kinda got off topic but oh well! :p

Oh and finally some wierd things.. like Booster meeting Jenka... in the credits..?! At face value we can call that humourous lol
But perhaps there's a history and a reason...

Same with Booster's recognition of Quote "!!!"
I just have to say there must be more history we need to hear or tell through mods :p

*Cough* I have more but going back to the original question :
Is it Booster?
Maybe. But, I don't think it's him in the present at least...

Nov 30, 2007 at 1:23 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
X-Calibar said:
I'd like to think there's a ton of mystery left in Cave Story ..!
I think a lot of those mysteries can be solved if pixel would release the 2003 BETA of Cave Story because the screens give an indication of a different story and that cave story made references to the BETA like Chie (Larger role in the BETA, seems to be a cameo in the current version), Balrog (Boss version of common little robot bat enemies in the BETA) and possibly other references that we don't even know about.

Nov 30, 2007 at 3:43 AM
Guy with Sword
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
Keep in mind that Pixel didn't expect this much publicity for his game. Chances are, there are things in Cave Story that only he and maybe friends that helped him make it would understand. 'In-jokes', if you will.

My guess for the water cabin thing is that there was originally someone maintaining the waterway who lived there, and with the innovation of robots, it might be handy to have instructions on how to drain water from them (being in a waterway). As for the computer, who knows? Maybe the ghost of King... O_o

Nov 30, 2007 at 3:54 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
Atravir said:
Keep in mind that Pixel didn't expect this much publicity for his game. Chances are, there are things in Cave Story that only he and maybe friends that helped him make it would understand. 'In-jokes', if you will.

My guess for the water cabin thing is that there was originally someone maintaining the waterway who lived there, and with the innovation of robots, it might be handy to have instructions on how to drain water from them (being in a waterway). As for the computer, who knows? Maybe the ghost of King... O_o
Maybe it's where Misery was born.

Stop staring at me like I am a crazy person!

*runs away*

Nov 30, 2007 at 11:04 AM
Starbound sucked sadly
sorry i just felt it was right... dammit oh well,
too many unanswered questions :(

Nov 30, 2007 at 11:07 AM
Luls
"Bleep, Bloop, Bleep, Bloop"
Tadashi said:
I just searched for 'Pixel cave story wife' and this was one of the results:

O.O;

He had a kingdom... hmmmm

Nov 30, 2007 at 1:36 PM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
Metalogz said:
He had a kingdom... hmmmm
Sounds similar to Ballos' backstory. :p

Nov 30, 2007 at 5:16 PM
Luls
HE REALLY HAD A KINGDOM!?

REALLY?

Kingdom... What country? You don't go round having places called Kingdoms everywhere in Japan or Korea... (Game is in japanese or Korean... could never really tell the diff ebtween the languages... o.o)

Nov 30, 2007 at 11:21 PM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
Metalogz said:
HE REALLY HAD A KINGDOM!?

REALLY?

Kingdom... What country? You don't go round having places called Kingdoms everywhere in Japan or Korea... (Game is in japanese or Korean... could never really tell the diff ebtween the languages... o.o)
Cave Story's world is not Earth. Ballos used his magic to help people, but these people started to follow him and not thier king, so the king tortured Ballos until he let his magic loose and killed everyone in the kingdom including his own wife. Jenka then tried to stop him, but seeing that she could not muster the courage to kill her own brother, created a prison for ballos out of the destroyed kingdom and lifted it into the sky. Thousands of years passed since that day that that kingdom was destroyed and magic was rejected by the masses causing an age of technology.

Dec 1, 2007 at 5:48 AM
Respwnt
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
andwhyisit said:
Cave Story's world is not Earth. Ballos used his magic to help people, but these people started to follow him and not thier king, so the king tortured Ballos until he let his magic loose and killed everyone in the kingdom including his own wife. Jenka then tried to stop him, but seeing that she could not muster the courage to kill her own brother, created a prison for ballos out of the destroyed kingdom and lifted it into the sky. Thousands of years passed since that day that that kingdom was destroyed and magic was rejected by the masses causing an age of technology.
He meant Pixel.

Dec 1, 2007 at 7:36 AM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
Being that the game was released in 2004 and the date is 04-08-08, which I read as August 8, 2004, I had assumed it was the date of Pixel's child.
Though I have no evidence to back this up it seems logical enough. Sort of like a "Special thanks to _________" that you sometimes see in the fronts of some books. If Pixel did have a baby in 2004 it would have been a big deal at the time and maybe even enough to write something into his current project.

Dec 1, 2007 at 9:53 AM
Respwnt
Wistil said:
Being that the game was released in 2004 and the date is 04-08-08, which I read as August 8, 2004, I had assumed it was the date of Pixel's child.
Though I have no evidence to back this up it seems logical enough. Sort of like a "Special thanks to _________" that you sometimes see in the fronts of some books. If Pixel did have a baby in 2004 it would have been a big deal at the time and maybe even enough to write something into his current project.
Yeah, when JK Rowling said "thanks to my daughter and her ink and paper twin" in HP 6, she meant her newborn child, who "grew along with the book's plot".

Dec 1, 2007 at 10:27 AM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
Metalogz said:
Yeah I meant Pixel "HAD A KINGDOM?!??"

Don't you notice it's just a funny coincidence made by google?

Dec 1, 2007 at 4:46 PM
Luls
So..........

Dec 2, 2007 at 3:03 AM
Justin-chan
... Metalogz, are you that dumb? Sorry, no offense, but seriously... Google sometimes screws up information with their skipping here and there.

Like...

Metalogz is a (Word here should be "boy", but they skip to another paragraph or soemthing with "...")... manly male my foot!.