IM BACK + Making a new mod

Nov 19, 2011 at 2:28 AM
"Huzzah!"
Okay guys im going to be making a whole re level design of cavestory but keeping a lot of the inbuilt code, so im just changing things such as enemy health speed etc. Im doing this for my school "research project" so ill be taking a lot of screenshots of what I have done and stuff and ill probobly post it on here. My question at the moment though is how do you change where you go after a cutscene? because ive changed the level so the cut scene happens, like 10 blocks to the left but when the cutscene is over I spawn where the cutscene originally started. If that makes any sense :p

Nov 19, 2011 at 4:19 AM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
I've never done a cut scene before, but I would think you could use a <TRA call to the same map with whatever coordinates you want.

EDIT: Actually I think the <MOV command would work better. It just outright moves you on the same map.
EDIT EDIT: I got edit sniped. Ollie pointed this out too

Nov 19, 2011 at 4:23 AM
Hey.
"In Soviet Russia, graves keep YOU!"
gabbalis said:
I've never done a cut scene before, but I would think you could use a <TRA call to the same map with whatever coordinates you want.

No, to move your coordinates in the same map, use a <MOV and choose the coordinates.

Nov 19, 2011 at 4:46 AM
Been here way too long...
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
I am letting you know that this thread exists.
Use it

Nov 19, 2011 at 6:52 AM
"Huzzah!"
Lace said:
I am letting you know that this thread exists.
Use it

Yeah the old quick modding and hacking thread, sorry its been a while and I need to get used to the forums again.

Ollie said:
No, to move your coordinates in the same map, use a <MOV and choose the coordinates.

Thanks ill give that a try sometime tonight.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nov 19, 2011 at 8:50 PM
Professional Whatever
odin 2128 said:
Yeah the old quick modding and hacking thread, sorry its been a while and I need to get used to the forums again.

Uhm...how long have you been gone? I mean, it's a sticky, and you posted this thread in the same area as it.
Also I've never heard of you.
You're doing this for a research project? I want to be in this class that allows cave story modding as assignments.

EDIT: Tell me more. You're hacking values? Are you attempting to change the difficulty (making it harder or easier), just generally screwing around? Most mods have a purpose.

Nov 27, 2011 at 1:43 AM
"Huzzah!"
Okay so basically what im doing is re- level designing all of cave story changing monster values and health weapons etc to make it a little harder and just give you a different way to play cave story basically. Im going to try and use as little coding as I can but I will need to do a bit for teleportations weapon stats etc, I have a little bit of experience but not a lot and I mess around with cave editor and sues workshop most of the time.

Nov 27, 2011 at 3:38 AM
Professional Whatever
odin 2128 said:
teleportations weapon stats etc

You don't need any coding for either of those. In CE there is a bullet editor, and you can use a certain TSC function (was it <SLP?) to show the teleport destinations. In regards to making them work, see how pixel did it.

Feb 12, 2012 at 7:13 PM
The Eternal Darkness
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
The new member checked the "TSC.txt" file in the directory where Sue's Workshop is.
<SLP [Show? Location? P?] Teleporter location menu
Anyway, that reminds me. I have yet to finish all eight mods of mine, and I'm not even halfway with ANY of them! Maybe 25% done, but not 50%! And CaveEditor is my preferred program (Sue's Workshop is a bit difficult for me to use, since CE is easier when entire tileset palettes can be changed at once) but if you want to change how the monsters look like using Paint, you should use CE to convert all ".pbm" files to ".bmp" files. Which prevents Sue's Workshop from working with the mod, unfortunately, but saving the graphics as ".bmp" files won't make them look like they did before. However, saving it as 24-bit Bitmaps will make it save correctly... or did I misunderstand the part of changing monster values?

Feb 13, 2012 at 8:33 AM
"Huzzah!"
Genius advice. Backup mod folder to .zip file or something every few hours. Number em sequentially. It'll save no end of suffering.