Ikachan in SGDQ

Jun 25, 2014 at 2:26 AM
Tommy Thunder
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator
"Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun."
Like Cave Story not too long ago, Ikachan is going to be on at Summer Games Done Quick on June 25th, at approximately 2:37 AM EST (this is not too long from the time I'm posting this thread). Take a look at the schedule for a more accurate time, because it's going to change as more games get completed during the event. I won't be up during that time, but hopefully it will be enjoyable for those of you who will be able to watch it. The estimate is 25 minutes, but I haven't played Ikachan more than once, so I don't know how accurate of a time that sounds. The Cave Story run that happened at the last event did go over its estimate, so I'm curious to see if this runner will make it on time.

Jun 25, 2014 at 6:07 AM
Giving it my all and shooting for the moon.
Modding Community Discord Admin
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
I think it's like 14 mins on a normal quick run and somewhere around/under 5 if you perform some exploit (though that might be only realistic towards TAS runs).

So yeah they are keeping it safe.

Jun 25, 2014 at 6:50 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Jul 3, 2014 at 1:53 AM
Giving it my all and shooting for the moon.
Modding Community Discord Admin
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
I found a recording of the event for those interested in watching (in these events they do commentary while they're playing so it's different and more engaging then a normal speedrun video.)

FAST-FORWARD TO 3:15:00 FOR IKACHAN.
http://youtu.be/Z38t4SPsugM

And it seems that the 25 minute estimate was because the runner is showing off BOTH methods (exploit and normal).

Jul 6, 2014 at 7:37 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Interesting to see the glitch I found being pulled off in real time. Didn't think it was possible.