I want to work

Oct 26, 2008 at 6:02 PM
I WANT YEN LIN!!!
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
Try reading that info thing top right of the post. 90% it's true provided it makes sense. And 100% false if it doesn't. Mine does.

Edit: Now it probably doesn't as much as before, but still readable. (wait was the limit 40 or 30 chars?? :( )

Edit2: (OMGWTFBBQ IT"S 30!!!!!!!) Now that doesn't make sense. Nothing happens when it's over 30. But I'll edit again anyway.

Oct 26, 2008 at 6:29 PM
Respwnt
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
freezit4 said:
Try reading that info thing top right of the post. 90% it's true provided it makes sense. And 100% false if it doesn't. Mine does.

Edit: Now it probably doesn't as much as before, but still readable. (wait was the limit 40 or 30 chars?? :( )

Edit2: (OMGWTFBBQ IT"S 30!!!!!!!) Now that doesn't make sense. Nothing happens when it's over 30. But I'll edit again anyway.
Wait, how much time and energy does typing out "Malaysia" take again?

Oct 27, 2008 at 11:04 AM
Justin-chan
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
3 seconds for me. :/

Oct 29, 2008 at 12:08 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
S. P. Gardebiter said:
Jesus, do you have even any Idea what a programmer does?

Do you understand this code:

FOR Count = 0 TO 39

INC CountY, Count+1
ILIKEPIE[Count][NUMBER[CountY]]

NEXT

Well if you don't then congrats, you don't even know about shitting basic.
I don't even need to understand basic to understand that.

You are looping a command 40 times using an incrementing value and writing information to array ILIKEPIE for the index based on the incrementing value leaving you with 40 pieces of pie. :D

I am assuming that ILIKEPIE = 1,3,6,10,15,21,28,36,etc. (under the assumption that CountY was 0 before the loop).

Do I win? :p

Oct 29, 2008 at 4:09 PM
"Master using it, and you can have this!"
S. P. Gardebiter said:
Jesus, do you have even any Idea what a programmer does?

Do you understand this code:

FOR Count = 0 TO 39

INC CountY, Count+1
ILIKEPIE[Count][NUMBER[CountY]]

NEXT

Well if you don't then congrats, you don't even know about shitting basic.
Wow, we've just taken patronizing to a whole new level. Why do you take everything so personally? Don't take it out on other people if they simply have a different opinion to you.

freezit4 said:
What's wrong with minimum wage?
What's wrong with minimum wage?! Everything, that's what! It's the next worse thing to unemployment! Minimum wage jobs tend be dull, have shitty working hours, and to top it all, you only get a pittance for your hard work. There is no good thing about it that would make me recommend it.

As for job advice, I really can't help you much with that. :D

Uh...ever tried taking out premium bonds?

Oct 29, 2008 at 7:44 PM
Hoxtilicious
The Mulletron said:
Wow, we've just taken patronizing to a whole new level. Why do you take everything so personally? Don't take it out on other people if they simply have a different opinion to you.

Very nice opinion that:

Simple said:
Lol at being a programmer. Sad, sad, work. And it doesn't take much of a brain to do.

Besides it was totally pigeonhole thinking and totally based on no experience with programming.
Oh and I'm so sorry for beeing a programmer too. Maybe I should get a brain and stop programming games.

Oct 29, 2008 at 9:04 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
S. P. Gardebiter said:
Besides it was totally pigeonhole thinking and totally based on no experience with programming.
Oh and I'm so sorry for beeing a programmer too. Maybe I should get a brain and stop programming games.

Oh, dear me! I do sincerely apologize, because you see, I had no idea that you know more about my expertises when it comes to programming than I do.

First of all when I said it doesn't take much of I brain I didn't mean that working at some fastfood joint took more intellect than programming does, which it doesn't.

The way your post came across was that it takes some high amount of intellect to be a programmer, which it doesn't.

Even people with the simplest of minds can learn the basics of programming and eventually move on from there to programming games.

Oct 29, 2008 at 9:58 PM
Hoxtilicious
Simple said:
Oh, dear me! I do sincerely apologize, because you see, I had no idea that you know more about my expertises when it comes to programming than I do.

Well then tell me, do you ever have programmed a game? :p

Simple said:
The way your post came across was that it takes some high amount of intellect to be a programmer, which it doesn't.

I'm talking about real programming, not about something like making a very basic bad game. Of course it doesn't take some high amount of intellect to be a programmer, if you make it with gamemaker or something but basicly those aren't programming tools. Do you ever worked with assembly? I highly doubt someone with a low intellect can work with assembly.

Simple said:
Even people with the simplest of minds can learn the basics of programming and eventually move on from there to programming games.

Yes the basics, when it comes to SIN or COS (working with degrees) and explaining it then it's the dumb people who will fail. I can do the work myself and try to understand it or I can go and get some code somewhere from the internet but I won't understand it.

Oct 30, 2008 at 9:43 PM
S. P. Gardebiter said:
Very nice opinion that:
One which I'm entitled to, thank you.

S. P. Gardebiter said:
Simple said:
For Goodness sake! Can't people have a difference of opinion without it coming to blows?! I mean we're all adults here mature, responsible people, can't we just agree to disagree? (Or at least move this argument to a different thread if its that important.)

I would normally have kept my silence, (since this thread seems pretty much dead,) but this is becoming a bad habit. All I ask is to show a little restraint when someone says something which angers/offends you.

Sorry for the rant, but I felt it needed to be said.

Oct 30, 2008 at 11:13 PM
/end
Gardebiter is only 16-17 so he isn't exactly an adult, yet. And Mulletron, you aren't really making it better by getting between the two of them.

Annnnnnnyway. I think you should be a cook.

Oct 31, 2008 at 2:15 AM
Bonds that separate us
Forum Administrator
The Mulletron said:
I mean we're all adults here,
Heh... that's a good one.

The Mulletron said:
I would normally have kept my silence, (since this thread seems pretty much dead,)
So now 2 days of semi-constant posting counts as a thread death?

The Mulletron said:
but this is becoming a bad habit.
Becoming? Dude, this became months ago, stop acting like it's just come out of the blue or something.

But yeah, cut it with the thinly-veiled insults, there are enough not-veiled ones already.

@ Freezit: Retail sounds good to me, it's easy to do, it's easy to get a job for, and even minimum wage usually isn't that bad (depending on where you live). Having monies for Diablo 3 is certainly a top priority :p

Oct 31, 2008 at 10:39 AM
I WANT YEN LIN!!!
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
Now I'll just discuss with that friend of mine whom I couldn't find at school the last three days. Thanks for the advice, all of you.

Oct 31, 2008 at 11:36 AM
Hoxtilicious
You guys are all assholes, because you're users.
I'm an admin.
You all have no brain and I mean it, because you're users and not admins.

That is my opinion, you can't say anything against this because it's my opinion, if you do, then you are a kid and an asshole because you flame people.

Get what I mean?

MetaSeraphim said:
Gardebiter is only 16-17 so he isn't exactly an adult, yet..

That's correct.
Besides you aren't acting very "adulty" either MetaSeraphim.

Oct 31, 2008 at 11:48 AM
MetaSeraphim said:
Gardebiter is only 16-17 so he isn't exactly an adult, yet.
DoubleThink said:
Heh... that's a good one.
¦o Perhaps I should rephrase that...

MetaSeraphim said:
And Mulletron, you aren't really making it better by getting between the two of them.
And no-one else is making it better by just sitting on the sidelines.

DoubleThink said:
So now 2 days of semi-constant posting counts as a thread death?
Honest mistake, I'm sorry.

DoubleThink said:
Becoming? Dude, this became months ago, stop acting like it's just come out of the blue or something.
Which begs the question why hasn't anyone done anything about it? I know this has been a long term problem, which is why I'm saying something now. This just seems to be a problem which is getting worse since I first started coming to this forum. I don't know, perhaps its just me.

I really should apologize now (lest I become a hypocrite), this is neither the time or the place to discuss such matters, and I apologize to everyone for adding to a problem which really shouldn't be here in the first place (especially to freezit4, sorry for hijacking your thread, hope your friend was more useful than me :o ).

That said, I will say no more on the matter. Not here anyways.

[EDIT]
S. P. Gardebiter said:
That is my opinion, you can't say anything against this because it's my opinion,
Which is my point exactly. Can't we just put aside our differences and get along? :p

Oct 31, 2008 at 12:31 PM
Bonds that separate us
Forum Administrator
The Mulletron said:
I really should apologize now (lest I become a hypocrite),
Screw that, you hypocritise as much as you want, as long as you're not a dick about it. Morals > actions.

The Mulletron said:
Which is my point exactly. Can't we just put aside our differences and get along? :o
Not that simple. Also I think what SP was getting at was that just because anybody can say whatever and claim that it's an 'opinion' doesn't mean it's not wrong. Again, facts > opinions.

But yeah this isn't really the place to discuss such stuffs. If you still wanna talk about it, the SSS thread is still open :p

Oct 31, 2008 at 12:52 PM
Hoxtilicious
Yep DoubleThink is more or less right.
I neither think you got what I mean nor get the sarcasm in my post.