I want to work

Oct 23, 2008 at 12:25 PM
I WANT YEN LIN!!!
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
I mean, get a job. Holiday's coming, and in this stupid country, the stupid ministry crams the stupid break into the two final months of the year. Pretty much nothing to do during, I decided to get a job. But what? .....

One of the most thinkable possible options are those relating to food, or whatever vendors. So now, which of these do you think would be the best employers :
  • McD
  • KFC
  • Pizza Hut
  • 7-E (7/11)
  • Parkson Grand/ Tesco Express

And which job?
  • Cashier
  • Cleaner
  • Whatever-er
  • Cook (by chance)

And pity me, no BK nor A&W nearby. Would have been first choice. Btw I don't make sense, so feel free to be surprised or speechless or superior.

Oct 23, 2008 at 1:53 PM
Vanished.
# 7-E (7/11)
# Parkson Grand/ Tesco Express

Don't know these, but the since the others are shit...
get a job there

Oct 23, 2008 at 1:58 PM
Hoxtilicious
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Get a brain and start being a programmer :>

Oct 23, 2008 at 2:03 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Lol at being a programmer. Sad, sad, work. And it doesn't take much of a brain to do.

Oct 24, 2008 at 3:39 AM
Bonds that separate us
Forum Administrator
Which is why almost every program ever made has bugs flying out the wazoo, right? :/

Oct 24, 2008 at 2:38 PM
Justin-chan
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
McDonalds pays more than KFC over here. And my friend who works there says that the jobs are rotating.

Oct 24, 2008 at 4:15 PM
Hoxtilicious
Simple said:
Lol at being a programmer. Sad, sad, work. And it doesn't take much of a brain to do.

I'm not talking about Microsoft crap -_-"

Oct 25, 2008 at 1:10 AM
I WANT YEN LIN!!!
What I need is the ransom and more importantly, the atmosphere. I expect working experience to be something different to school life and absolutely distinct from slacking-at-home life. Being a programmer keeps you at home?

Oct 25, 2008 at 3:21 AM
Hoxtilicious
Jesus, do you have even any Idea what a programmer does?

Do you understand this code:

FOR Count = 0 TO 39

INC CountY, Count+1
ILIKEPIE[Count][NUMBER[CountY]]

NEXT

Well if you don't then congrats, you don't even know about shitting basic.

Oct 25, 2008 at 5:21 AM
I WANT YEN LIN!!!
Yay I don't even know about shitting basic. You missed my point, or did I miss yours? And Schoko, I've got reasons why that sucks.
  • I don't waste my mom and dad's money like you do
  • Where do I go with lappy or tabby whatsoever? My friend's house? Problem is, I don't have any friend that welcomes me to his house, and just to stare at my pc.
  • Simply, if I am to learn anything, it'd better relate to cooking or communication(languages, preferably Mandarin). Buying a laptop for these is overkill, although you just suggested programming, which I'd say I pass
  • I hate the feeling of distinction. If I am to master or just try programming, it's about I've the only gut in my whole class to ever do. Just because all my classmates are dumb.

Oct 25, 2008 at 6:07 AM
Hoxtilicious
freezit4 said:
Yay I don't even know about shitting basic.

I was talking to simple. The comment he/she made was kinda offense for me.

freezit4 said:
I don't waste my mom and dad's money like you do

I still go to school (Note that I'm only 17), when I'm finished with it I will earn much money more than you ever could recieve with a job at mc donalds or I don't know. In the meantime I learn for school, drink alcohol and programm games and if I'm lucky, my games will be good enough to be sold. Means even more money for me. I sometimes work for a vegetable salesman (Fuck yeah even more money).

Oct 25, 2008 at 7:38 AM
I WANT YEN LIN!!!
I acknowledge only the last sentence of your post. And I was making it clear that I don't even know about shitting basic.

Oct 25, 2008 at 11:18 AM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
S. P. Gardebiter said:
I was talking to simple. The comment he/she made was kinda offense for me.

I am sorry if I offended you saying that, it's just that programming comes very naturally to me (Along with many other things) so therefore I find it easy to do.

Oct 25, 2008 at 3:21 PM
Respwnt
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
To nobody in particular

Everyone thinks his/her expertise is greater than everyone else's.

Seriously, does it even matter how much work you put into it? What matters is how much you get in return, not just in terms of the moniez but also the personal satisfaction. You picked the job, you have to live with it and you have to learn to put up with what others think of it. :D

Oct 25, 2008 at 4:04 PM
Vanished.
Hell, back to topic.
What about working in Super Markets / Stores?

Oct 25, 2008 at 4:19 PM
I WANT YEN LIN!!!
Yea, I don't give a damn about money, but the friend whom I'll work together with does. Dunno what he's gonna do with RM600+ a month, but I'm sure money will at least go to Diablo 3 as soon as it comes :D

Oct 26, 2008 at 2:59 PM
I can has squidburger?
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
Why do you want to work in a fast food place? Honestly, if you want to make minimum wage, that's the place to go. I understand that you may not be of age to get a 'real' job, but at least get one that preserves some dignity. S.P., most programmers make very little money anyways, unless you are capable of making games and selling 'em, but DoubleThink, if you don't know 'shitting' basic, you could either

a. learn it
b. do something else.

If you wanna work at McDonalds, you go ahead. It's not my job. But IMO there are so many other places to work that might be preferable. Walk dogs! Tutor kids! What are you good at? And if the answer is 'flipping burgers,' you need a new hobby.

Oct 26, 2008 at 3:45 PM
I WANT YEN LIN!!!
We're in a different world. While being a babysitter is something very familiar there wherever you are, here people laugh at the possibility that the job exists. Sweet ol' close-mindedness....
What's wrong with minimum wage? I don't really understand why minimum wage anyway, since even being a security officer pays lower than some jobs in that industry here.