I started writing a fanfiction

Dec 22, 2008 at 7:04 PM
graters gonna grate
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
Here's the link

It's called "Cave Story: The Tale of Mimiga Island" and its basically a retelling of Cave Story with more detail and a lot more history (Quote and Curly don't even get built until chapter 7). It doesn't focus on Quote so much, Quote isn't even really the main character. Heck, I don't think there's really any one character that would be considered the "main" character.

I eventually want to program a Cave Story remake with this storyline, complete with 3d graphics and physics and such. If I ever do that, however, it will be a very long time from now.

The fanfiction is pretty far from completion at the moment, I'm writing fast, though, and aim to have it done by January.

Dec 22, 2008 at 10:25 PM
In front of a computer
"Man, if only I had an apple..."
wedge of cheese said:
aim to have it done by January.
Um... seriously? Completely written, proof-read, re-written if necessary, proof-read again, and ready for the general public in less than a month? :rolleyes:

...Well, anyway, when it's done let me know and I may read it.

Dec 22, 2008 at 11:36 PM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
If you want then I will check it for plot holes on January.

I could help you as you go but I will be absent for 18 days starting tomorrow.

Dec 22, 2008 at 11:41 PM
graters gonna grate
Celtic Minstrel said:
Um... seriously? Completely written, proof-read, re-written if necessary, proof-read again, and ready for the general public in less than a month? :rolleyes:

...Well, anyway, when it's done let me know and I may read it.

At the rate I'm going so far, it should be done pretty quick. I just started writing it two days ago, and have gotten fairly far already.

Dec 23, 2008 at 1:52 AM
Been here way too long...
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
Celtic Minstrel said:
Um... seriously? Completely written, proof-read, re-written if necessary, proof-read again, and ready for the general public in less than a month? :eek:

It's fan-fiction, not a new award-winning novel. Fan-fiction is hardly difficult to write, and for all we know could entail the wedding ceremony of quote and curly, or something. Heck, Fan-fiction in general isn't something to be impressed over, unless it's something you'd actually expect to happen, to which you'd have to read it first to find out.

Dec 23, 2008 at 3:58 AM
In front of a computer
There may be some truth in that, but any kind of writing needs some proof-reading.

Also, I'm not saying that it's impossible for someone to write that quickly, just that it seems pretty incredible.

Dec 24, 2008 at 3:42 AM
I can has squidburger?
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
I could edit it for you, I'm not bad at editing.
Right now, after a quick skim, the story looks good but the writing- tbh- sucks.

Dec 24, 2008 at 3:35 PM
In front of a computer
innocent.bystander said:
but the writing- tbh- sucks.
As I said, writing takes time. There may be people who can write something good in a very short time, but I think they're the minority. I'm sure that what you have so far is good as a draft, but is it really good enough to be considered the final product?

(Note: I still haven't actually looked at it myself.)

As for Jacob: I hereby promise you that I will not read your fanfiction.

Jan 4, 2009 at 2:25 PM
graters gonna grate
Ah, I think Celtic is right, the fanfic probably won't be done by the end of January, seeing as I've hardly made any progress on it since I posted this thread :o

Jul 19, 2009 at 10:08 PM
graters gonna grate
Yeah, y'all thought this thread was dead didn'tchya? Well, I've decided to start working on my fanfic once again and I now have an update. The link in the first post should take you to it. It's a pretty small update, but I think I've finally decided to stop slacking (that'll be the day xD) and start working diligently (more or less) on this fanfic.

Note that it might be a few minutes before the update takes effect due to the way fanfiction.net works...

Jul 20, 2009 at 9:59 AM
"It's dangerous to go alone!"
I made two fanfictions. "Before it happened" and "The new crownholder"

anyway, I will read yours... soon...

edit: I refuse to read anymore of it since it is dumb. Main character as one of those killer robots? Curly as a killer robot? THE DOCTOR AS A MIMIGA?

Jul 20, 2009 at 2:02 PM
graters gonna grate
Wait what are you talking about? The Doctor's not a Mimiga. As for Quote and Curly, if you read on you see that they change...

Jul 20, 2009 at 7:42 PM
Don't take this the wrong way, Cheese, but I didn't get very far with your fanfic. I was reading about the Dinosaurs in the prologue and then I started laughing and then I started playing Nanosaur. I will get back to reading your fanfic, I promise.

Jul 20, 2009 at 8:33 PM
graters gonna grate
Fair enough. The thing with the dinosaurs is maybe a little implausible I know, but I thought it was pretty creative so m'eh.

Jul 20, 2009 at 8:42 PM
It was mostly a good idea. Except that we have scientific proof that dinosaurs evolved normally. But since it's the Cave Story universe, I don't really see the point of even using dinosaurs.

Jul 21, 2009 at 4:20 PM
graters gonna grate
I just thought it was a creative way of explaining why the Mimigas just happened to be floating around on a giant Island in the sky. Maybe it would be better if they didn't turn into dinosaurs but just giant mutated evil creatures?

Jul 21, 2009 at 6:25 PM
Maybe they fed the flowers to small apes and then they turned into humans and you could talk about the corruption of the soul and stuff?
Heart of Darkness II: Mimiga Island.
Seriously now, I think you should just make them generic monsters, not dinosaurs.

Jul 21, 2009 at 6:51 PM
graters gonna grate
Alright, I'll change it... eventually

Jul 21, 2009 at 8:17 PM
graters gonna grate
ZarroTsu said:
Fan-fiction is hardly difficult to write, and for all we know could entail the wedding ceremony of quote and curly, or something.

B-B-B-B-BAM!
(I didn't write it, and it's just one chapter of a larger fanfic)