I need modding help, can I get a pro here please?

Aug 28, 2013 at 2:20 AM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
OK, I have a serious issue with my modding. The thing is, I don't know Flag IDs! I don't know how to use them and what to do with them, I know they are important for making the game progress but I just cant do it. If someone has the time can they please teach me and maybe even put in a few pictures or something? I'm at a dead end for modding! D:

Aug 28, 2013 at 2:39 AM
Veteran Member
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
Last edited by a moderator:
Aug 28, 2013 at 2:49 AM
liammillay said:
To set a flag, use <FL+(add 4 digit flag number here - can't be more than 8000 IIRC)
<FL-(4 digit flag number) to remove a flag
<FLJ(event you want to skip to):(flag number) to skip to a certain event if a certain flag you specify is set
Also, theres a topic for this, http://www.cavestory.org/forums/threads/quick-modding-hacking-answers-thread.5951/
Thanks, but another problem is that how do I make a flag apply to a certain object..?

I'm also unsure what number the flag should be, random or if it really matters. So I went with random and put flag 800 onto a grate, appear once flag id set. I added the event to something else and made it set the flag ID of the grate. the grate had not appeared when I have set the flag.

Aug 28, 2013 at 3:07 AM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
If you want your question to be answered faster, I would advise to post here http://www.cavestory.org/forums/threads/quick-modding-hacking-answers-thread.5951/ instead.

Also, if you want the grate to appear, I would use <CNP command and put an empty entity instead of a grate (which I assume you mean prison bars)
then use <CNP to change the empty entity into a grate. You should know this but I will tell you anyways, all entity need a script ID to be used with
a command, even if the script id has no commands or any real script in them. (Monsters though, they don't need a script ID)
In order for it to appear with flag, you need to re-enter a room which you can somewhat blame pixel for that.

Aug 28, 2013 at 5:05 AM
Giving it my all and shooting for the moon.
Modding Community Discord Admin
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
Wilfre said:
In order for it to appear with flag, you need to re-enter a room which you can somewhat blame pixel for that.
It's actually very usefull that pixel set it up that way, as it allows less mistakes and less unwanted coding for having an object appear NOT immediately, but on the next map load.

Also... Thread probably deserves a merge with the main answer thread...

Aug 28, 2013 at 5:23 AM
Wilfre said:
If you want your question to be answered faster, I would advise to post here http://www.cavestory.org/forums/threads/quick-modding-hacking-answers-thread.5951/ instead.

Also, if you want the grate to appear, I would use <CNP command and put an empty entity instead of a grate (which I assume you mean prison bars)
then use <CNP to change the empty entity into a grate. You should know this but I will tell you anyways, all entity need a script ID to be used with
a command, even if the script id has no commands or any real script in them. (Monsters though, they don't need a script ID)
AH! The room re-entry! I forgot all about that! I'l try that and see if it works, god, I knew I was forgetting something!