i have a lot of very similar questions about cave story 3d

Dec 21, 2013 at 9:22 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
can you get all the weapons at the same time except the polar star
i was wondering if this is possible since i have 7 weapons at the same time

Dec 21, 2013 at 10:43 PM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
No, because you can't have the snake, spur and machine gun at the same time and you can't have the blade and nemesis at the same time either.

Dec 21, 2013 at 10:51 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
actually you can have those because this is my weapons inventory: machinegun, supermissile, missile launcher, snake, fireball, nemisis, bubbleline. im about to obtain the blade but im not doing that til i get the spur using the inventory quit glitch.

Dec 21, 2013 at 10:56 PM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
Oh, I thought you meant without glitches.

Dec 21, 2013 at 11:03 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
i kind of assumed that saying i had 7 of them already meant glitching since the game forces you to give up a weapon or two in order to obtain a few of them and the legit max weapon count is 5 weapons.
i was also wondering whats with the thing next to my picture that shows a doughnut & says "fresh from the bakery" it did show a 8bit rupee and said "only worth 1 rupee", i think its funny.

Dec 21, 2013 at 11:47 PM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
In the original there was only room for eight weapon slots in ram. The game reads a byte of each weapon data block regarding the weapon number. If the byte was set to 0 it would stop reading weapons, otherwise it would read that weapon and then check the next block. So if weapon slot 8 was filled then the game would look for weapon slot 9's weapon. Problem is that weapon slot 9 is not weapon data. It will keep adding weapons until it hits a 0 as the pseudo-weapon number and you will end up with a large number of broken weapons in your gun rack. And these pseudo-weapons can be tied to things like inventory or flagdata (these values determine what has or hasn't happened in-game), so any pseudo-weapon with an ammo count will likely change these values.

So to put it short, if you want a non-glitched out game then 7 weapons is your limit. Of course they could have changed this in CS3D but I really doubt it.

Dec 22, 2013 at 1:34 AM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
well then, i guess im going to discover it for myself if cs3d has been changed for weapon data reading, since i can enter the warehouse at any moment since im at the point that im supposed to enter the warehouse in the first place. i just hope this doesnt end badly, like my pokèmon red version cause my step bro messed up and caught a missingno.
i noticed about 2 months ago that i can only refill my super missiles by using a refill station and their max capacity never increased when i picked up a missile expansion but the regular missile launcher ammo can be refilled by both item drops and refill machine plus the missile expansions do increase the max normal missile capacity. kind of a throwback to Super Metroids super missiles but altered a bit. I like it better that way.

Dec 22, 2013 at 2:46 AM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
ive tried so many places to to this with the flags for stuff in the time trial armory room and cant seem to get any object to behave like the chest that holds the spur.
i only tried in areas before the fight with rabid toroko but i didnt try arthur's house or start point since i usually get cutscene scripts (or in this case, obtaining the 290 counter, booster 2.0 and arms barrier(that i somehow have 2 of it in my inventory)). i would also like to know if i can use the glitch to get the booster 0.8 and still keep professor booster alive.

Dec 22, 2013 at 3:22 AM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
there is more than one Curly tied to my back while im going through hell, this seems to allow me to do tons of damage in 1 shot to the giant press mini boss near the end of hell. i think there are 4 of her on my back. on top of that, in a different file, i seem to have 1 of jenka's dogs on my back whenever im in sandzone and 1 of them is in my inventory when i already got the best ending without glitching but i did glitch a box signpost into giving me 232hp as a max, the beast fang, santas key, and a few other things. plus the file i am using for getting every weapon but the polar star in my inventory has toroko standing by the resivoir door with a 2nd king staring at her while king is watching sue in the cage up on the hill. is this bad or just a harmless but humorus glitch result?

Dec 22, 2013 at 3:29 AM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
cave sory threedee is terribly broken yes we know

Dec 22, 2013 at 3:35 AM
The TideWalker
Modding Community Discord Founder
"That dog!"
What I wouldn't give to have 4 curlys tied to my back while running hell.

Ballo's first form in 1 sec.

Nox, why did you merge when I was posting?

You confused the "hell" out of me.

Dec 22, 2013 at 3:36 AM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
I'm sorry, I can't tell if someone is replying while I merge a thread
It happens sometimes.

Dec 22, 2013 at 3:47 AM
The TideWalker
Modding Community Discord Founder
"That dog!"
I'm not upset or anything.

It was a good idea to merge all these threads anyway.

/\_/\

E: All your forum are belong to us!

Dec 22, 2013 at 4:30 AM
THE suus
"Keep on rollin'!"
hows about

we destroy every mention of cave story 3d ever

and never speak of it again

Dec 22, 2013 at 4:39 AM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
thank you Noxid for combining my topics. i was starting to think it was stupid of me to post them separately, back in high school i always liked playing your king's strife and sacrifice beta and reading your posts in my spare time, you and GIRakaCHEEZER inspired me to want to make a cave story mod that plays kind of like how the original beta was like for cave story how you had to find money and buy weapons and every gun had ammo and the life meter was 3 hearts. im starting to wonder if anyone already did that.

Cookedchef, in my opinion cave story 3d feels like a mod that adds 3d graphics, additional items, & extended/new areas that when played without glitching, its pretty cool. but if you do glitch, it usually makes the game act very strange or spawn clones of key characters.

Dec 22, 2013 at 9:23 AM
Excuse me, but how did you glitch you cs3D game like that? Plz tel meh plz.

Dec 22, 2013 at 12:49 PM
THE suus
"Keep on rollin'!"
GamerXDaringDoX said:
Cookedchef, in my opinion cave story 3d feels like a mod that adds 3d graphics, additional items, & extended/new areas that when played without glitching, its pretty cool. but if you do glitch, it usually makes the game act very strange or spawn clones of key characters.
Personally, I think it looks hideous. But ok.

Jul 11, 2014 at 12:25 AM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
in order to answer you curlybrace22702, i need to know what it is you're wondering how i made happen. if its the weapons, i can explain some of how i did that. however, im not sure how i managed to clone toroko and king.
I have discovered what happens in Cavestory3d if you get 8 weapons and its more than getting a new weapon, it seems to give you additional new weapon(s) depending on how many items are in your inventory. These extra weapons can look like 1 weapon and use a unobtainable ammo but fire like another weapon, or be named after one of Jenka's dogs with no weapon model and not fire at all as if you were unarmed. if you gain or lose exp or ammo while one is equipped, 1 or more items will change in your inventory. its really weird.

Jul 11, 2014 at 5:07 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
I explained why this happens in my last post. The game has open space for 8 weapons in ram. The problem is that the game is made to stop reading weapons when it finds an empty slot. If you fill all 8 of the weapon data slots then the game looks for weapon slot 9. It finds what looks like weapon 9, but it actually has found the item data, which is directly after weapon slot 9. So whatever unfortunate item slot sits in weapon 9's xp data, ammo data, weapon level data, etc. will be changed to match the item number represented by such values. The game keeps reading data as weapons until it hits a slot it thinks is empty.

Jul 11, 2014 at 7:47 AM
Giving it my all and shooting for the moon.
Modding Community Discord Admin
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
curlybrace was asking how to do a standard script-displacement glitch.

To answer: on the 3D version, you have to exploit across two save files.

Go to a desired map on one file, which will contain the events you wish to trigger, and then exit out to the main menu while your inventory is open.
Then on the other file you have to simply load it up, exit the still open inventory, and you now have access to the other map's events on a different file and map, which causes everything you interact with executing different pieces of code.

(You can do the same thing on any version of cave story by using a <TRA inside the inventory script, but that's not really an exploit now)