How to get the mushroom badge?

Dec 4, 2008 at 5:59 AM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
Mushroom badge.....? Whats that? And its related to that one purple mushroom right? (or not.)
(Sorry, I think I'll be asking a LOT of questions about the game....^^;:o

Dec 4, 2008 at 1:39 PM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
The purple mushroom, having a silly sense of humor, begrudgingly gives you the mushroom badge if you navigate his maze of simple yes/no questions. The badge does absolutely nothing, but you can't fight him until you've examined it in your inventory.

Dec 4, 2008 at 10:36 PM
This Troper
"Man, if only I had an apple..."
By the way, what does happen when you take the badge to Curly without examining it?

Dec 6, 2008 at 2:25 PM
Luls
"Bleep, Bloop, Bleep, Bloop"
T-Jack said:
By the way, what does happen when you take the badge to Curly without examining it?

Nothing happens lmao. The only thing that makes Curly continue her convo is the Ma Pignon itself. Otherwise she'd keep repeating the fact that she's lost her memory.

Dec 7, 2008 at 5:29 AM
In front of a computer
That's right. Nothing special happens, and you're left confused as to why the mushroom doesn't work.

Dec 7, 2008 at 9:26 AM
Bonds that separate us
Forum Administrator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Pronouns: he/him
That is... actually a really cool idea for a weapon! :eek: Obviously not something that powerful, but if a weapon could be coded to reduce health rather than ammo... unless that part of the code is used by all weapons, in which case some serious assembly would be required...

Dec 7, 2008 at 3:51 PM
This Troper
DoubleThink said:
That is... actually a really cool idea for a weapon! :eek: Obviously not something that powerful, but if a weapon could be coded to reduce health rather than ammo... unless that part of the code is used by all weapons, in which case some serious assembly would be required...
It would also have to be coded to not lose levels when it injures you. Otherwise it would be pain in the ass to use. Also it would be completely useless on 3 HP runs...

Dec 7, 2008 at 4:10 PM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
Not entirely, if it eats one per shot and is useful in some important way/in a few specific spots. And as for the leveling, yeah, you'd probably want to make this weapon only have one level, or be chargable like the spur. Or perhaps go the opposite route and build that right into it--give it the same "one exp to level" leveling speed as the spur such that using it will always knock it down a level but getting it back only takes one crystal.

Dec 7, 2008 at 9:48 PM
In front of a computer
...That's an odd idea...

Back