How to count (in base 10)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 21, 2020 at 3:20 PM
Soup Man
"In Soviet Russia, graves keep YOU!"
people see a lot of things in their every day lives, but how do they quantify the AMOUNT of things they see?
the 'number', you may call it.
well it's actually really easy; they use the base 10 decimal system.
In base 10, there are 10 digits that can form any number of numbers.

you maybe be wondering why "10" isn't a number on there, if you're already familiar with numbers. It is named base 10 after all. Well, to understand that, you need to know how to count, and what the individual numbers are.

For example, let's use cave story mods to count. If there are 'zero' (0) cave story mods on any given forum, that means there aren't any cave story mods!
If there is 'one' (1) cave story mod (the "s" is omitted to be grammatically correct), that means that there is in fact, a cave story mod posted on that forum, but only that cave story mod. there are no others.
If there are 'two' (2) cave story mods (the "s" is back again), that means there is double the number of one, or two. Here is a visual representation.
1584804956730.png]
As you can see, the number increments by the same value as "1", for every additional number.
but you may be wondering why the number of mods on the label four (4), seems to be only equal to two (2).
this is because the second "mod" there is a 'trilogy ', meaning, "a group of 3". this is also where the concept of addition, or adding numbers comes in.
'Lancer Story' is equal to one (1) cave story mod, while 'The Cut Cola Microtrilogy' is equal to three (3). So if you add the two together, they become four (4).
currently i am not smart enough to create a visual representation of this that makes any sense, so you must think abstractly. but i know you can do it.

the number ten (10) is not on the list of numbers, because it is too big to be quantified with a single digit, so two are used (but not added together). 10 is equal to 5 + (plus, meaning, add the two numbers together) 5.

that is all.

1584804142493.png

1. 32 + 2

2. 1 + 2

3. you see a train. you see another train. you see another train. how many trains?

4. 2 x 2

5. y=4x+12, solve for both y and x.

Last edited:
Mar 21, 2020 at 3:25 PM
Soup Man
wtf why did it post twice??

Mar 22, 2020 at 8:33 PM
ZYZZ Spur is the best gun because its super cool
"All your forum are belong to us!"
thanks man rly helpful :chin::chin::chin::chin::chin::chin:

Mar 24, 2020 at 12:01 AM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
mr cyber mr cyber, i heard some rumors about secret numbers "a" through secret number "f" do you have any feelings on the existence or value of these supposed numbers

Mar 24, 2020 at 1:01 AM
Soup Man
mr cyber mr cyber, i heard some rumors about secret numbers "a" through secret number "f" do you have any feelings on the existence or value of these supposed numbers
they do not exist

(in base 10)
but they do exist in secret number languages such as base 16, used primarily in film making.
i hope that was informative.. i've studied numbers for a while now

Status
Not open for further replies.