how did curly get to hell and why was she at the door?

Apr 2, 2013 at 5:20 AM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
I think that she went to go help quote defeat the doctor and she somehow found a way to sacred grounds and thought he already went there so when she got to the door she got knocked out by the explosion when quote defeated the undead core....

Apr 2, 2013 at 7:22 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Curly was in Plantation. Plantation was connected to Hell through the statue room. She certainly couldn't take on the press gauntlet without the rocket so how else would she reach the balcony? Going from bottom to top B1 would be a dead end, no?

Apr 2, 2013 at 7:33 AM
"Huzzah!"
You do have to consider she was with Cthulhu.

Apr 2, 2013 at 10:52 AM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
curlybrace22702 said:
she somehow found a way to sacred grounds
and how exactly? the passage to sacred grounds is open after the earthquake, and the passage through statue room is blocked because press gauntlet is still at the top on the Passage? room. and what about that Iron Band? maybe there's something more to it...

Apr 2, 2013 at 9:04 PM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
She's with Cthulu, recovering from fatal injury. However, she receives another dose of Amnesia and can't seem to remember Quote. Beat Mapignon, come back, shove that mushroom forcefully in her mouth, memory recovered. Leave the plantation, come back, she isn't there? After her recovery, she must have gone to find you...

After doing so, because you were in first cave fighting off blood monsters, she decided to go look at the statues. After starting a conversation with tree guy (I don't even...) you fought the core. As the island was shaking, and Curly was about to leave, Heavy press smashed into her pure metal, and fallen. With her remaining energy left, she crawled over to the right and made a ruckus. Brutes lifted her away, but her weight kept them from pushing her into the door. (Too many brutes lifting her at once. Curly wasn't considered a threat anymore, and they left her.

(After heavy press sent her down, blocks covered his way out. This could happen because of the block flood, and the fact that iron mass smashing into ground sends waves of soundup into the sky... right?)

Apr 3, 2013 at 8:13 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
actually, no.

first off, she is found on the first room of sacred grounds(where you start from), not in the passage room.
second, the heavy press falls only, if you defeat it.

Apr 3, 2013 at 8:19 PM
Professional Whatever
ChimeApple said:
(After heavy press sent her down, blocks covered his way out. This could happen because of the block flood, and the fact that iron mass smashing into ground sends waves of soundup into the sky... right?)
@second point

Apr 4, 2013 at 7:28 PM
Indie game enthusiast
"What is a man!? A miserable pile of secrets! But enough talk, have at you!"
Curly probably used Momorin's rocket after they were gone.
But, unfortunately something went wrong without Momorin and Itoh's supervision
... and Curly flew through several walls. -_-

It was like Kazuma's wild ride all over again... Round and round, higher and higher, wall after wall... It was some kind of Curly pinball...
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh... *echo echo echo

As Cthuluhu watched on, he felt a small tinge of guilt. Perhaps I should have told her about the secret passage...

Apr 7, 2013 at 8:29 PM
Veteran Member
"The Ultimate Sword of Extraordinary Magnitude"
I don't know if this is a joke thread or not at this point... but I'll just post this anyway: the 3D version of Cave Story has made frequent use of the background to enrich the details of the setting. For example, there are other houses in the background of GrassTown as well as cages scattered all over the place as well as Mimiga hieroglyphs in Sand Zone.

The reason I bring this up is because in that version Curly is placed directly under a light source in the 3DS version, which to me seems to hint that she fell through the ceiling right on that spot. As to how she got above that location, I'd have to agree with the notion that she used Momorin's rocket and made her way through the Final Cave.

Apr 9, 2013 at 7:02 AM
"Master using it, and you can have this!"
You're all wrong-- it's because pixel placed an event with her sprite their.

Apr 10, 2013 at 4:50 PM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
I have no idea what you are talking about.....

Apr 10, 2013 at 8:12 PM
Indie game enthusiast
"What is a man!? A miserable pile of secrets! But enough talk, have at you!"
Some old theories I used to imagine :

1)
Curly started down the way to Sacred Grounds from up top for unknown reasons; there were no spikes on the way down, just unstable ground to walk and jump across.

About that time, Quote defeats the Undead Core and the island begins to shake and fall...
Suddenly Curly is watching the ground crumble around her, and it turns into a race to survive!
She probably injures herself a bit on the way, but somehow makes it to safety...

[Perhaps as Duke Serkol said, she stepped on a floor in the upper level, and it fell straight through the solid area until she hit the bottom.]

2)
Jenka, Misery, Cthulhu, the Dog... someone sends her there. Quote will need her to survive the final battle, and so they help her get there. Maybe by some kind of teleporting, or maybe some other way... But, she doesn't seem too injured; just knocked out.

3)
Or maybe she just uncovers a path from Last Cave to Sacred Grounds. Just like when Curly somehow beats you to the Boulder in the labyrinth, bypassing the whole MonsterX fight...

I always imagined that Curly specifically searched for that place, and so did Quote. Why else, would YOU ignore Sue who jumps off the edge of the island expecting you to follow, and turn around and go into that little house which leads into Sacred Grounds.
Curly was already there too. And after beating Ballos, Curly mentions that their mission is finally over. It leaves the question if Curly and Quote always knew about Ballos (if it was programmed into them) or if someone whispers to Curly and Quote's mind about Ballos.

Either way there is narration about these events that seem to come out of nowhere.

Apr 10, 2013 at 10:25 PM
Based Member
Personally, I think Curly went up through the Statue Chamber. There's clearly a door that connects the Plantation and Sacred Grounds. I think Pixel put that there on purpose to suggest that that's how Curly got there. Now of course, that vertical passage is blocked until the Heavy Press comes down, but like X-Calibar said (except for the Last Cave, and not for the Statue Chamber), there may have been a secret passage Quote didn't know about that allowed her to travel through the Statue Chamber up into the Sacred Grounds, like when Curly magically beats Quote to the Boulder Chamber. Just by looking through what little the Statue Chamber offers, you can see that it's left very open-ended, so I wouldn't say there can't be a secret passage Curly might find there that Quote couldn't, or that may be revealed by an earthquake.

Now, for those who think Curly took the same path Quote did. As much as I agree with andwhy, I have to admit one of his arguments doesn't strike me as very strong:
andwhyisit said:
She certainly couldn't take on the press gauntlet without the rocket so how else would she reach the balcony?
The rocket may very well still be sitting in the Plantation for Curly to use. How would Momorin and Itoh have brought the rocket up with them? However, I do believe andwhyisit makes a good point by saying that the bottom of B1 would be a dead end that it would make sense for Curly to meet. I might also ask, would she be able to make it down to the bottom of B1 if she started at the top where the Prefab Building leads to? That question is answered by whether or not she still has the Machine Gun with her. We don't see her with the Machine Gun in the Sacred grounds which could mean that she doesn't have it anymore and lost it in the waterway when she and Quote were separated, something quite likely if you ask me. I'm not seeing any solid evidence to suggest that Curly still had the Machine Gun with her in the Plantation. If Curly doesn't have the Machine gun, there's no way she'd be able to get to the bottom of B1 by starting from the top. Therefore, I do not think the theory that Curly took the rocket up through the Last Cave up to the Balcony and down is a sound one.

Apr 11, 2013 at 6:46 AM
Been here way too long...
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator
But there's no solid evidence that she did lose the Machine Gun! That's not the problem at all Hayden. What happens when you enter Hell? A black wind blows through you. All weapons drop to Level 1. It's unreasonable to assume the wind won't affect her, so I think if she tried that way she'd have the gun, but at level 1. But, there's an even bigger, more fundamental problem- she could easily not have the Machine Gun! You can't assume at any point in the game besides the first fight that she has the Machine Gun, ergo it's impossible to consider this option as a valid theory. Debunked! :D

Apr 11, 2013 at 10:49 PM
Maybe she still has the polar star/machine gun but decided to use the nemesis she somehow got......

Apr 12, 2013 at 3:48 AM
I you trade your polar star for the machine gun she still gets down to the door; even if the black wind didn't blow through her she probaly didn't use her macine gun to go down if she went that way.

Apr 12, 2013 at 9:48 PM
Oh sorry, I was only half paying attention.

I am a moron.