How did Balrog get involved with everything?

Aug 23, 2011 at 9:39 PM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
He was summoned by Misery to be her punching bag. However, something went wrong, and the result was Balrog.

Sep 17, 2011 at 6:15 AM
Indie game enthusiast
"What is a man!? A miserable pile of secrets! But enough talk, have at you!"
I can't see Balrog as a robot...
"How you doin' auntie?"

Jenka seemed to know Balrog pretty well...
"Ah, Balrog. You're doing well, I see. And how is my halfwit of a daughter faring?"

And then the ghostly Pooh Black that uncannily looks like Balrog, is well.... ghostly.
"I used to work in the old clinc nearby, but it was seized by ghosts, and I fled here."

I don't think robots probably have ghosts? You'd think you'd see a lot more robot looking ghosts when you get to the Core if that were so...

Oh... and here :
"You beat Ballos, right? When you did that, it lifted our curse. Now neither of us has to take orders from anyone!"
"I thought you guys were both jerks, but I guess it was all the Crown's fault!"
"Well, you reap what you sow. After all, Misery's the one who made him make the crown in the first place."

@B@
You two defeated Ballos.

Our curse was lifted thanks-
to you.
Misery and I no longer have to-
listen to orders from anyone.
@C@
I thought you were a bad guy,-
but it was just because of-
the Demon Crown?

@B@
We asked for it...
You have to remember,-
it was Misery who had Ballos-
make the crown.

It at least *sounds* like Balrog knows Misery pretty well. In the Wii translation he at least says "We asked for it..." which could mean that they were together when she was cursed. So, yeah no proof one way or the other... But there's reasonable doubt in my mind that he's been with Misery for a long time [longer than just the last war and MALCO's time in my opinion.]
Plus the ghost thing, and him turning into a bulletproof frog that makes more frogs, instead of some kind of super war machine...
He does fire missiles... But, then again he DROPS those... So it's possible he is just equipping them somehow, maybe stolen from some other robots in the past...

My theory is that Balrog is like Misery's familiar. Jenka has her multiple dogs. Ballos has his ghostly dog... and Misery has ... Baldog.................

Sep 21, 2011 at 9:45 PM
Hyperbolic
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
Balrog did some prank calls. Unfortunately once he called Ballos: