Hina's box of stuff

Jun 22, 2016 at 8:39 PM
hi hi
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
so after thinking about it for quite a long time, i've finally come to this decision; it's time to leave the modding scene for good. i've just got crazy summer plans now, and i'm becoming more and more busy with life, plus it's not even fun anymore. so... yeah. but it's not just an average "hey i'm leaving please (don't) remember me lol bye". i've made quite a few things during my little "career" here, so if i'm leaving then i might as well share something. sadly i don't have my every hack made in doukutsu assembler, mostly because they were either easier to simply code directly into the executable, or i was simply challenging myself to code stuff directly. i dunno. but i'll just drop whatever i have here.

ORG files!
list of songs and whatnot
format
title - mod it was used in - short description

Alone NEW - HHsR - remade version of Alone, never released
Alone - HHsR - original song made for dark areas in the latest update
Bossie - Tale of Dale - tree trunk boss fight, fast and quirky
Breeze - none - never released song, dunno if it's worth anything
C&D RR2 Boss 1 - HHsR - boss theme from Chip & Dale Rescue Rangers 2 NES
Cheetahmen - none - not even commenting on why i made this
Commander X - Operation Delta: Space Attack - main menu theme
Darkness - Tale of Dale - dark plains theme, pretty slow and ehh
Fright - HHs - some poor theme, i don't remember
Hal - Tale of Dale - Lyron's boss theme
HeavyPetal - Tale of Dale - main theme, not that bad even, i think
HH BG 1 - HHs - the house theme. kinda catchy even though it was bad
HH BG Battle Extended - HHsR & Hullet Bell - remake of the original boss theme from HHs, with stronger bass and extended ending
HH BG Battle - HHs - original boss theme from HHs
HH BG Cooler - HHs & HHsR - the cooler theme. quite cool
HH BG Cutscene 1 - none - i was supposed to use it in upcoming update but since it's not happening... yeah. short and quite interesting
HH BG Disaster - none - same deal; this one has cool bassline and could fit both normal areas and boss fights
HH BG Game Over - HHs & HHsR - exactly what the name suggests
HH BG Get Item NEW - HHsR & Hullet Bell - new item jingle, based of my remake of Crushcrushcrush
HH BG Get Item - HHs - you never want to actually use this
HH BG Happy - none - i made this, like, two days ago...
HH BG Hard - HHs - i think it was the cavern theme? eh it wasn't that great (==it was bad) but i think i liked it myself :[
HH BG Longway - Operation Delta: Space Attack - despite the HH BG part in the name i used it somewhere else, i'm so evil; it's slow and calm, and... boring
HH BG Racking - none - i never used this for a good reason. it's old and bad anyway
HH BG Rocker - none - something new i never finished
HH BG Striker - Operation Delta: Space Attack - again, i'm misleading myself; desert theme
HH BG Summoner - HHs - summoner's theme, quite literally
HH BG Suspicious - HHs - summoner's fortress theme
HH BG Tower - HHs - earrape
HH BG Trans - none - one of the newer things, quick song, quick beat, i don't know. fits boss themes and is good in general
HH BG Treasure Hunter - HHs - treasure hunt & fire theme
HH BG Zone - none - again, it's new and good. slow, relaxing, and quite upbeat
Hungarian - HHsR - basement theme; brahm's hungarian dance 5
Jaws - Nothing Story - short and pleasant to the ear
Love-Coloured Master Spark - none - exactly what it says. i loved the original so hey why not
Misaki's Theme - HHsR - remake from Captain Tsubasa 2 NES; house theme 1
Mysterious Attack - Tale of Dale - factory core boss fight
Paramore -- Crushcrushcrush - HHsR & Hullet Bell - not the full song but still nice; used as the main menu theme
Piszczik - Tale of Dale - earrape boss fight theme
Randomness - Tale of Dale - steel factory theme i think
Rebel - Tale of Dale - dark plains brick area theme
Roll - none - something old but maybe not that bad
Route 10 (Unova) - Hullet Bell - remake from pokemon b&w
Splizz v2 - none - alternative version of splizz
Splizz - Tale of Dale - edwin boss theme
Spoox - Tale of Dale - simple and maybe spooky
Stage 6 - Out of time - HHsR & Hullet Bell - castlevania nes remake, outside theme 1
Story Event Theme 8 - Last Meeting - HHsR & Hullet Bell - captain tsubasa 2 nes remake, watch tower & rooftop theme
The Antitime - Tale of Dale - golden temple part 2 theme
ToD Char Choose - Tale of Dale - character screen theme
Volcano - none? - something ehhhhh based on percussion
Werewolf - HHsR & Hullet Bell - segment 2 outside theme. also remake of werewolf theme from werewolf: the last warrior nes

Hacks!
list of hacks & short description if i remember what they were about
format
name - short desc

1-level autofire weapon base - a basic customizable weapon that can fire left and right and has autofire
1-level weapon base - same thing but no autofire
Alita Fairy Projectile - Alita's white orbs from Tale of Dale
BeetleHoriz1 - optimized beetle from egg corridor?
BigBall - i think it's a big bouncy ball from tale of dale
Bigslime - slime boss from Tale of Dale
Blastgun buller HHsR - bullet*
Ceiling Laser - ceiling laser thing from Tale of Dale
Edwin Arrow Bullet - for Edwin's bow weapon in Tale of Dale
Edwin - Tale of Dale boss
EdwinArrow - his projectiles
eyethg - those green chasing eyes from Tale of Dale
Factory Core - Tale of Dale steel factory boss
Falling chandelier (HHsR) - the best way to trick people
Fireball bullet - i think it's optimized
Floor Guard - from Tale of Dale, keeps scanning the floor and speeds up when you're on the same level
Ghost Boss - first boss from HHsR
HHs Axe Weapon - not sure if the weapon or the bullet; either way it's actually from HHsR
HHs Bird (flight) - the bird used in the flight part, snaps you to itself and flies forward
HHs Jolly Skull - best enemy
HHs Mummy Boss - self explanatory
HHsR Axe - okay now this should be the bullet
HHsR _____ NPC - those are just generic npcs with simple animations
HHsR Hellos Projectile - unreleased boss projectile
HHsR Hellos - unreleased boss, video is somewhere down there
HHsR Ladder - the infamous ladders i made
HHsR Machinegun bullet - for a new weapon
HHsR Machinegun - an interesting weapon that slows you down severely when held, could only fire left and right, but had high range and damage output; gameplay balance issues
HHsR Rocket Skull - basically jolly skull with charge attack
HHsR Skelton - those piece of shit enemies that jump around and spam projectiles every jump
HHsR Spider Cocoon - cocoons that spawn a spider when you walk under it
HHsR Spider - spider spawned from cocoon
HHsR Stationary Bird - basically Groch when it was standing on the roof
HHsR Tommy boss - Tommy le Roux boss
HorizBombRobot - steel factory flying bomb robots from Tale of Dale
Jumping Robot - steel factory jumping robots from Tale of Dale; works similar to HHsR rocket skull
Kayya's HP Regen hack part 1 - i don't remember if it works on its own; basically regenerates hp over time given by a TSC command; resets on reset
Kayya's TSC HP regen hack - TSC command to make the above hack work
Laser Beam - for the ceiling laser enemy, it's the beam
level _ hhs sword - melee weapon from HHsR
Littleslime - little slime from the big slime boss fight
No-Gravity Fireball Bullet - exactly what you think
ODSA Small Asteroid - spinning rock from Operation Delta: Space Attack
ODSA Small UFO - same deal
Polar Star bullet ________ - various polarstar hacks
Polar Star - the weapon??? not even sure
Reverse Fireball - the gravity is reversed on this
SilverWingMember - Tale of Dale enemy
Skeletor boss HHsR - Skulasson boss from second segment
Summoner1 - summoner fight 1 from HHsR
Summoner2 - summoner fight 2 from HHsR
ThrownStone (silverwing) - projectile with gravity
Uranium Bullet (Wall Machine Gun) - for the Wall Machine Gun enemy
Velocifireball - the speed it gets when shot depends on your horizontal speed
Wall Machine Gun - big wall-mounted round enemies from Tale of Dale factory core boss

HHsR flags
HHsR notes

Hellos boss video

Hullet Bell
HB_easy.exe

2020 weapon pack

TO BE UPDATED WITH OTHER THINGS

You are allowed to use anything posted in this thread without asking; that goes for songs and (to be posted) hacks. no need to credit me or anything like that, i don't really care anymore

Last edited:
Jun 22, 2016 at 10:54 PM
2dbro
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
i love org dumps
thank you for posting these

Jun 23, 2016 at 3:17 AM
Amaya
Discord Group Moderator
Ah, I see. If that's your decision, I hope it proves beneficial. Thank you for deciding to share what you've done, it promises to be very handy and nice. :)

Jun 23, 2016 at 5:43 PM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
Kayya's HP Regen hack part 1 - i don't remember if it works on its own; basically regenerates hp over time given by a TSC command; resets on reset
Kayya's TSC HP regen hack - TSC command to make the above hack work
Since it isn't explained in the corresponding text files, I might as well explain it here...
The TSC command to trigger these is <LRE, for Life REfill. It refills 1 HP every X ticks, so it depends on if you're going to use 50 FPS or 60 FPS.
Say you want to have one health regenerate every 10 seconds. For 50 FPS, you'd use <LRE0500. For 60 FPS, it'd be <LRE0600.
Two health per second (1 every half second) would be <LRE0025/<LRE0030.
Also, I think the health regen does carry over even if you reset the game; I believe we found an unused flag that we could store the data in...?

Jun 23, 2016 at 6:00 PM
hi hi
Since it isn't explained in the corresponding text files, I might as well explain it here...
The TSC command to trigger these is <LRE, for Life REfill. It refills 1 HP every X ticks, so it depends on if you're going to use 50 FPS or 60 FPS.
Say you want to have one health regenerate every 10 seconds. For 50 FPS, you'd use <LRE0500. For 60 FPS, it'd be <LRE0600.
Two health per second (1 every half second) would be <LRE0025/<LRE0030.
Also, I think the health regen does carry over even if you reset the game; I believe we found an unused flag that we could store the data in...?
i'm sorry i really don't remember how it actually worked
i made it such a long time ago

Jun 24, 2016 at 8:52 PM
Based Member
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
great stuff Randolf/Hina ;)
That's Mixer8421/Randolf/Hina.

In any case, thanks for sharing all of this with us. You've contributed quite a great deal to the modding scene, and definitely left your mark. I hope you're successful in everything else you do. I'll assume this is just a goodbye to modding and not an altogether goodbye to these forums.

Jun 24, 2016 at 11:03 PM
hi hi
That's Mixer8421/Randolf/Hina.
don't remind me please

In any case, thanks for sharing all of this with us. You've contributed quite a great deal to the modding scene, and definitely left your mark. I hope you're successful in everything else you do. I'll assume this is just a goodbye to modding and not an altogether goodbye to these forums.
eh i've just put some heart into it, and that's all. thank you, and i'll still be around, maybe i'll make some more things for public use

Jan 1, 2020 at 10:57 PM
hi hi
disclaimer: i have no video editing software on my laptop right now so the video's just pure, unedited recording of me pressing X repeatedly in a confined environment while itoh watches

2020 is here, and i've been bored over the christmas break (barely had any internet) so i decided to refresh my ASM and make a few weapons. it turned out to be a complete disaster and i should be locked for sharing this with the world, but here you go. five weapons and a meme.

here's a video showcasing all the weapons:

there's also the... uhm... to quote Xemous, the EVIL POWDERED DONUT OF DEATH AND DECAY. except i made it less broken, more functional, and it still looks quite pretty. eats a couple npc slots though so don't use it on maps full of enemies and such. only posting this because apparently it looked fun and one or more people wanted me to finish it.

the donut video:

as always, feel free to take this and use it for whatever purpose you wish. i'd like to mention Tpcool and King 2.0 here because they showed real interest in whatever in blazes i just released here. thank you.

here's the pack.

wish you all a good 2020...

Jan 2, 2020 at 11:00 AM
"Huzzah!"
Interesting. Beside the Donut my favorite weapon of the bunch is definitely the fireball that goes around the player. Perhaps not very practical, though.

Jan 2, 2020 at 11:21 AM
hi hi
you can easily make it become persistent and never disappear or do so after a long time so it becomes an actual shield that protects you from... stuff. maybe not very practical indeed, after all...

Jan 2, 2020 at 1:14 PM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
the donut video:

as always, feel free to take this and use it for whatever purpose you wish. i'd like to mention Tpcool and King 2.0 here because they showed real interest in whatever in blazes i just released here. thank you.

here's the pack.

wish you all a good 2020...
Aw neat, the donut is the best weapon and I'm so glad you released it. Now we have a weapon to surpass the Blade in terms of sheer power and I like it. Hopefully we'll see what you can do regarding bosses in the future.

Mar 18, 2022 at 10:51 PM
hi hi
i made a boss and decided i don't actually care enough to use it, it's free for grabs for you people then : P

the projectile was a work in progress, it was supposed to change sprites based on all four available directions, i am not sure if it works at all. but you can use existing in-game projectiles in its place, just change the ID in the boss code
here's a quick video. it's basically a cave story monstro, nothing super special

p377098-0-1vj7xag.png

aaand the projectile sprites go here, if you *are* planning on using them (npcSym)
1647643832426.png

enjoy!

Attachments

• NPC 010 - Boss - Goober.txt
    5 KB · Views: 1
  • NPC 011 - Quad-Projectile.txt
    922 bytes · Views: 1
Mar 18, 2022 at 11:05 PM
Based Member
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
I totally forgot about this thread. Nice, glad that your content is getting out there.

I'm curious as to the context of that boss fight. Was that a part of any modding project that you had a thread for? Based on the music, custom tileset, and custom jumping sound effect, it appears that this may have been a part of a broader effort.

Mar 18, 2022 at 11:10 PM
hi hi
it was supposed to be a part of a project that has not been out there at all. this is not a teaser or anything of sorts, i just had it installed in that mod!

i'm not giving out the rest though : P maybe some other time!

Last edited: