High quality org to wav/mp3 conversion?

Feb 8, 2014 at 2:34 PM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
Feb 9, 2014 at 2:31 PM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
Oh, okay ^_^ at least now I know some tips on how to record stereo mix better, even if it didn't fully work out.
Thank you so much!

Feb 10, 2014 at 5:52 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Just to check one last thing: mind posting a screenie of audacity midway through recording?

May 16, 2014 at 12:10 AM
Tommy Thunder
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator
"Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun."
Hey, I'm bringing this thread back right now because I've been having quality issues myself for some time. So, ever since I had started recording orgs through Audacity, the quality has always seems a little muffled. I have always wondered if this was my ears playing tricks on me, but at this point I'm fairly certain that the quality of the recorded piece is lower than that of the actual org. I have followed all of the tips listed previously, but I didn't notice any change. For example, compare my most recent org video with the actual org:
Org
Video

And this is me recording the audio with my current settings:
p179164-0-yznohyt.png

Is there anything I can do to make it sound any better?

May 16, 2014 at 12:59 AM
Indie game enthusiast
"What is a man!? A miserable pile of secrets! But enough talk, have at you!"
Well, for one you'll probably have better results with recording and saving at 48KHz. Not sure if you need to go any higher than that... If your hardware even supports it.
If you're just looking for higher quality audio of the original OST, I made a lossless recording a while back, and so did a few other people using various methods, somewhere in these forums.

And if you want to maintain a lossless quality with your recordings, you might use FLAC, WV, APE or something... (or uncompressed WAV...)

May 16, 2014 at 1:20 AM
Tommy Thunder
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator
"Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun."
X-Calibar said:
Well, for one you'll probably have better results with recording and saving at 48KHz. Not sure if you need to go any higher than that... If your hardware even supports it.
Yeah I had it on 44KHz before, but I'll stick with 48KHz. Unfortunately though, it does not help. I remember trying to record at the highest possible rate (96KHz it looks like), but it didn't sound better (couldn't even export it, lol).

X-Calibar said:
If you're just looking for higher quality audio of the original OST, I made a lossless recording a while back, and so did a few other people using various methods, somewhere in these forums. And if you want to maintain a lossless quality with your recordings, you might use FLAC, WV, APE or something... (or uncompressed WAV...)
The problem is that even when I preview the song in Audacity (before exporting) it still sounds muffled. Exporting the song doesn't seem to be the issue.