Hey, I take .org requests.

Jun 16, 2018 at 11:57 PM
Org Discord Admin
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
An .org file is a music file used in Cave Story, basically. It only has 8 channels for waves and 6 channels for drums. It actually has more drums than that, but tampering with those things will break Cave Story, and I aim to make it compatible, so drums cannot be changed.
Anyway, because of those limitations (and the way time system in .org player works), making anything rich (orchestral, dubstep, complex chiptune) is really difficult and will likely result in a drop in quality. It's not significant most of the time, though. You can always point out the issues, if necessary, and I'll try to fix it.

Title.
Here's the information you'll (most likely) need to include if you're going to request an .org.

• The source video/audio if you want a transcription;
  • ^Describe the minor details (or edits, or style) you want to include in a transcription, if any
  • The main idea or a (detailed) description if you want something original;
  • If you don't want the stock drums, specify what drums you want to be used, if needed. Again, keep in mind that such an .org will break Cave Story. Unless you've made a mod that supports extra drums.

Please contact me through DMs or the profile page if your request involves:
  • More than two tracks;
  • A track that is complex and over 6 minutes long (otherwise I probably can do, in terms of that. Specify if you want it simplified or cropped, though.)
  • A track with any sort of tempo changes (Example);
  • A track with lyrics, or any special effects (most of those things are impossible to include into an .org)
  • A meme (if you absolutely really need it);
  • Something that is only .org style (Example: an .mp3 file containing music made in .org, but with some tweaks or in "intro - loop" format);
  • A track that you would like to be private;
  • A project of any scale, especially involving whole albums.
The reason is, I'm actually really slow when it comes to composing anything listed here (or just in general), and I don't really want to put all attention on one request for too long. Don't get me wrong, I simply don't want any Bad Things to happen for no reason.

Yea, that happens, and I'll most likely link you to an existing .org, because I'm sure somebody else did that better. If you still want it be made by me, or if you need a remix, or a remake of it, then feel free to ask for that.

Uhmmm... Later. I didn't abandon it. But later.

It takes me 2 days for one .org, on average. But I do things chronologically, so I'll eventually get to everything.
If you're unsure whether I can grant your request, you can DM me, and sort out any problems.

Here's the public requests folder. I'll update this thread occasionally, when other requests outside of this forum are added.

WARNING: You are not allowed to post or use my content in your works if you're attempting to financially profit off them. Aside from that, I'll appreciate if you credit me in your works.

Last edited:
Jun 21, 2018 at 5:47 AM
"It's dangerous to go alone!"
can you do megaman x3 vile theme here is a video:
P.S Sorry I am too lazy to do it.

Jun 22, 2018 at 6:50 PM
Org Discord Admin
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
Jun 22, 2018 at 8:08 PM
Hey, could you do Carousel by Blink 182?

Jun 22, 2018 at 10:12 PM
Org Discord Admin
Hey, could you do Carousel by Blink 182?
Hey, good choice, but I'm not sure how should I handle it. (If you read the "DM me if..." spoiler, you'll see that I wrote about lyrics and special effects being nigh impossible to include into an .org)
There are lyrics, crowd cheering, and the rhythm isn't exactly "stable", so to say. I can't really do something like that, so tell me what should I do about those things, e.g. I could turn the lyrics into a simple track and make the song follow the same rhythm throughout. Or maybe I could reinterpret it into something more fitting for a game?

Last edited:
Jun 22, 2018 at 11:07 PM
Hey, good choice, but I'm not sure how should I handle it. (If you read the "DM me if..." spoiler, you'll see that I wrote about lyrics and special effects being nigh impossible to include into an .org)
There are lyrics, crowd cheering, and the rhythm isn't exactly "stable", so to say. I can't really do something like that, so tell me what should I do about those things, e.g. I could turn the lyrics into a simple track and make the song follow the same rhythm throughout. Or maybe I could reinterpret it into something more fitting for a game?
I really just chose that version because the instrumentals sounded better than most instrumental versions. Granted, i didn't really include that in my post, so i didn't expect you to know about that. I wouldn't know how to rework the rhythm into something more workable though, so what you suggested would probably be the best

Jun 23, 2018 at 2:27 AM
War criminal
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Is there any available midi of the song that you can find? It wouldn't be that hard to find one since Blink-182 is pretty popular

Jun 23, 2018 at 10:41 PM
Org Discord Admin
@Deathbear ,

Hey, sorry, I don't think I can do this time. I couldn't pinpoint some vital things, and it'll most likely take me a lot of effort to fix it. Band rock is pretty hard to accurately recreate.
Maybe I can try doing something else? If you still want your .org, I'll try to return to it, but I think it'll take me a long time to complete it.

Jun 23, 2018 at 11:40 PM
@Deathbear ,

Hey, sorry, I don't think I can do this time. I couldn't pinpoint some vital things, and it'll most likely take me a lot of effort to fix it. Band rock is pretty hard to accurately recreate.
Maybe I can try doing something else? If you still want your .org, I'll try to return to it, but I think it'll take me a long time to complete it.
Eh, that's fine. I tried doing it myself a couple of months ago, and i failed due to my misunderstanding on how Org210x worked. I'm really not bothered by it

Jun 25, 2018 at 11:06 AM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
Can you make Sugar Song to Bitter Step?

Jun 25, 2018 at 10:32 PM
Org Discord Admin
Can you make Sugar Song to Bitter Step?
Ah, this song also contains lyrics.
As I said before, I can't really include those, so should I convert them into a single instrument?

Jun 26, 2018 at 4:30 AM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
Ah, this song also contains lyrics.
As I said before, I can't really include those, so should I convert them into a single instrument?
Yes, i think so.

Jun 29, 2018 at 5:01 PM
"It's dangerous to go alone!"

Requesting this tune with timbre closer to original than the NES cover.
Because it's pretty banging and it sounds like it would make for a decent ORG conversion.

Last edited:
Jun 30, 2018 at 4:08 AM
Org Discord Admin
Hey, sorry for the delay.
I'm still working on that cover suggested by Romana Dell, but I've come pretty close. Afterwards I'll cover the "Underwater Lab Tune" and then (probably) "Reach for the Summit", suggested by ChampionDude345.

Jul 2, 2018 at 9:01 AM
Org Discord Admin
Last edited:
Jul 2, 2018 at 12:31 PM
Jul 3, 2018 at 5:48 PM
Org Discord Admin
Fixed the hyperlinks.

Afterwards I'll cover (...) "Reach for the Summit", suggested by ChampionDude345.
Just discovered that I can't do that. I shall add in the request notes that anything over ~6 minutes long is probably impossible. I will review every requested music piece to see if it's still possible, though.

Last edited:
Jul 3, 2018 at 8:03 PM
Soup Man
"In Soviet Russia, graves keep YOU!"
could you do

i dont need the full song just as much as you can make
maybe cut some of the quieter parts since i want to use it in a boss theme

thank youu