Help me!, Toroko brought me a trauma :'(

Dec 28, 2012 at 6:00 AM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
how i can overcome her death?, i really like toroko, and in the game nobody remembers her :'(.
Also this is going to the poor King :'(.
However... Cave Story is an amazing game.

PD:
Yo hablo español, es difícil para mí expresarme en ingles con ayuda del Traductor Google xD

Dec 28, 2012 at 6:41 AM
Based Member
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Dec 28, 2012 at 7:14 AM
A Reluctant Balrog's Waifu
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
Dec 28, 2012 at 7:30 AM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
already played. This trauma is from 1 year ago, even, I completed the hard mode of cave story in my 3ds.
also, my friend and me have an ask blog for Toroko in Tumblr :'(

Dec 28, 2012 at 7:35 AM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
I am the same way with King :'c

Dec 28, 2012 at 8:02 AM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
Sí, es verdad que los fallecimientos de Toroko y King lleva un gran dolor al alma. Pero por eso se vale tanto más la lucha contra el Doctór. En inglés, siempre digo algo como «sin los malos, los buenos no se valen tanto.» No sé si acabo de traducir el sentimiento que quiero expresar, pero quizás me entendieras todavía. Cuánto más se aprecia los buenos cuando se ha sentido la pena de perder. Si nunca pierdas nada, no se apreciarás bastante los buenos o lo que tenga. Cuando jugaba el mod del los cuatro finales, perdí un elemento de la justicia de vencer el Doctór como acción de venganza por las vidas preciosas que él se mataron. Sin embargo, ese mod es una buena obra—bien hecho y divertido para jugar.

Dec 28, 2012 at 8:17 AM
Mosaic said:
Sí, es verdad que los fallecimientos de Toroko y King lleva un gran dolor al alma. Pero por eso se vale tanto más la lucha contra el Doctór. En inglés, siempre digo algo como «sin los malos, los buenos no se valen tanto.» No sé si acabo de traducir el sentimiento que quiero expresar, pero quizás me entendieras todavía. Cuánto más se aprecia los buenos cuando se ha sentido la pena de perder. Si nunca pierdas nada, no se apreciarás bastante los buenos o lo que tenga. Cuando jugaba el mod del los cuatro finales, perdí un elemento de la justicia de vencer el Doctór como acción de venganza por las vidas preciosas que él se mataron. Sin embargo, ese mod es una buena obra—bien hecho y divertido para jugar.
¿Como me entiendes mejor en ingles o español?.
Tiene sentido lo que dices, losé, pero... lo que me duele es, que ni siquiera los recordaron, una vez que pasas esa parte en la SAND ZONE, no vuelven a ser mencionados, ni si quiera Sue que estuvo con Toroko y King, los extraña, como si nada hubiera sucedido.
Lo del Doctor, claro que al estar frente a él sentí esa sed de justicia, pero... no es precisamente el enemigo final.

Dec 29, 2012 at 2:41 AM
The first time, (I wasn't paying attention to the plot) I don't even remember....
My second time (The play through where I actually payed attention) gave me trauma too.... After that, Curly giving her air tank to
also gave me some trauma. I played through the 4 endings mod and I wish Daisuke Amaya made that ending a real ending. (It still makes me mad that I can't save King and Toroko in Cave Story+...)

Dec 29, 2012 at 4:48 AM
meep
"All your forum are belong to us!"
CaboPrivate said:
already played. This trauma is from 1 year ago, even, I completed the hard mode of cave story in my 3ds.
also, my friend and me have an ask blog for Toroko in Tumblr :'(
Link please!

Dec 30, 2012 at 12:42 AM
Veteran Member
"The Ultimate Sword of Extraordinary Magnitude"
Mh, I wonder if it's possible to play the original and then, when you reach the end, use your save file on Revived... I do believe it should be.

Dec 30, 2012 at 5:55 AM
Jan 1, 2013 at 1:14 AM
Veteran Member
Between those two mods, you've got all the closure you're going to get.

Unless... you could play Iron Bird Story.

Jan 1, 2013 at 4:44 AM
@CaboPrivate: Te entiendo bien en español y inglés. Pero español es mi segunda idioma y leo mejor que hablo y escribo. Pero todavía ando aprendiendo. Entonces si algo que te escribo no tenga sentido, ya sabrás porque.

@Duke: Is there a translated version of Iron Bird Story? All I know about that one is that it's in Japanese, which seems like it might make understanding what is going on difficult for someone like myself who doesn't know that language yet.

Jan 2, 2013 at 4:41 PM
/end
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Why is the problem with you? This is a video game, a video game. You aren't supposed to get connected to the characters and care for them.

You're supposed to be a mindless cold robot killing everything in your path that disagrees with you.

Jan 3, 2013 at 6:30 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Actually, at first I didn't even realize that she's...
dead. I didn't suspect that she actually died because I happened to defeat her. Previously, I've learned that just because I shoot the shit out of someone, they don't necessarily die. For example, there is Balrog, whom I've defeated multiple times and he's still alive. And I've even shooted Toroko once before and she didn't die. I also shot Curly Brace like hell and she's alive. So I think I somehow rightfully assumed that I just put her rage in its place when I actually defeated her.

Similarly, I've seen Curly Brace surviving pretty rough times, so it didn't occur to me that just because I left her alone to drown in a cavern means she's dead. She's a robot, I thought she can take care of herself somehow. I thought she'll just turn up again somewhere, telling the story of how she got out. But then I was shocked to read she really died, I feel so sorry for her. I also read that there is a rather complicated way to save her. (This discovery reminded me of Deus Ex, where I didn't suspect that my brother, Paul Denton, not necessarily dies. I thought it is an unavoidable, hard-coded plot point that he dies - and then I've read some webpages those told me that he can be saved.)

Jan 4, 2013 at 3:53 AM
Veteran Member
Mosaic said:
@Duke: Is there a translated version of Iron Bird Story? All I know about that one is that it's in Japanese, which seems like it might make understanding what is going on difficult for someone like myself who doesn't know that language yet.
Sadly no. But you don't need to understand what characters say to see

Hidden text highlight (or click) to view:

a Toroko that's very much alive and living a happy life. Granted it isn't the very same, but...