Hell questions

Dec 23, 2010 at 4:35 AM
"Master using it, and you can have this!"
1. For the lowest possible speedrun time, which is faster: Spur or Snake? I know Spur can deal damage quite quickly, allowing you to kill Ballos faster, and also doesn't need to be levelled up so the XP containers can be used to level the Missile Launcher. However, the Snake can eliminate the Deleets through walls.

2. On a Snake run, should the Snake or Missile Launcher be levelled up using the XP capsules?

3. What are the rewards unlocked after the Hellrun and what times do you have to meet to get them?

Dec 23, 2010 at 4:50 AM
Hey.
"In Soviet Russia, graves keep YOU!"
sinophile said:
3. What are the rewards unlocked after the Hellrun and what times do you have to meet to get them?

This is the only one I can answer, but even then, only half of it.
After you beat it the first time, (I'm not entirely sure) you get Curly Brace and the Running Hell Org song on the title screen. Beating it a certain time, (I don't know what) you get Sue with the Saftey Org song. Other times, there's King with the song White, and Toroko with Toroko's Theme. I'm not entirely sure of the first two, but I'm completely sure of the last two.

Dec 23, 2010 at 5:03 AM
Only Love, Maximum Love, Forever
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Ollie was kinda right, here.

Under 6 minutes: Curly Cursor (selecting new or load), hell music.
Under 5 minutes: Toroko Cursor, Toroko's Theme music, cool background.
Under 4 minutes: King Kursor, White (King's theme) music
Under 3 minutes: Sue Cursor, Safety (like Arthur's house) Music

Dec 23, 2010 at 5:35 AM
Not anymore
"Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun."
sinophile said:
1. For the lowest possible speedrun time, which is faster: Spur or Snake? I know Spur can deal damage quite quickly, allowing you to kill Ballos faster, and also doesn't need to be levelled up so the XP containers can be used to level the Missile Launcher. However, the Snake can eliminate the Deleets through walls.

2. On a Snake run, should the Snake or Missile Launcher be levelled up using the XP capsules?

1. The snake is faster because the deleets take up way too much time.

2. I'm pretty sure the Missile launcher gets the xp from the capsules.

For the snake run, you don't use the snake to kill anything except the deleets. The nemesis acts as the substitute for the spur for both Ballos and regular enemies (of course, this also makes a snake+nemesis run harder than a spur run, but it will be faster if you do it right).

See this for a guide:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwkquZV-nkY

Dec 23, 2010 at 5:38 AM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
If you wanna get the best time, look to the best.
Chaddykins is the current record holder unless I'm mistaken. If not the fastest, then pretty close.

I don't know where to find this.

Dec 23, 2010 at 10:54 AM
"Master using it, and you can have this!"
Holy crap. That is damn near perfect.

Dec 26, 2010 at 7:21 AM
"It's dangerous to go alone!"
That's insane! O_o

Anyway, what do you mean by "cool background" ... ? I didn't see anything of the sort (I have Toroko as my mainscreen.)

For me, spur is definitely faster but then again all the super-fast speedruns are using nemesis and snake. So, I guess it depends on how skilled you are in the first place.