Heaven and Hell - CANCELLED

May 2, 2015 at 9:55 PM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
"There's too much unnecessary bullshit."

May 3, 2015 at 1:47 AM
Its dark in here
"Deaths: 4000"
Silverpaw19 said:
Like?
specifically?
such as?
In regards to?
ETC

May 3, 2015 at 2:26 AM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
Goerge Bobicles said:
Like?
specifically?
such as?
In regards to?
ETC
Y'know, the unnecessary bullshit.
The unnecessary bullshit that caused him to dislike the game.
The very specific unnecessary bullshit.

May 3, 2015 at 2:48 PM
The "C" in "college" is for "crippling debt".
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
Silverpaw19 said:
Have you played a videogame, like, ever?

Videogames are nothing but unnecessary bullshit.

Just look at all the pointless crap in Skyrim.

Jun 7, 2015 at 10:51 PM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
SuperJaws100 said:

Sorry it took me so long been busy.
First of all I already made this post earlier but backspaced so I have to rewrite the whole thing.
So I'm angry while writing this.
Second of all that unnecessary BS thing was a quote of someone from my stream but I honestly have to agree with them.
Also for your convenience I replayed the whole mod to get pics.
Merry Christmas.
p194468-0-idz3x2o.png

First of all why is this here.
p194468-1-ubfae6a.png

I'd assume not to help the Doctor for he was the villain of Cave Story, so no.
p194468-2-be2cbgc.png

Whoops gotta start from the beginning now.
Fun.
p194468-3-mcsekyd.png

Okay I'm in a cave now.
I'd assume to go to the place I'm told to not enter.
p194468-4-6xktsfw.png

Okay.
Great.
p194468-5-cgavcdh.png

Okay what's this.
p194468-6-q4xi8vj.png

Hahaha fun.
p194468-7-c6idsuk.png

Not sure why that puzzle is needed but okay.
p194468-8-exd1srk.png

I dunno Doctor, why couldn't you?
p194468-9-qcnj1nb.png

Okay this puzzle is bull.
There are even gaps for you to fall in and restart.
As you prolly noticed I changed the blocks you can move through because this puzzle is dumb.
p194468-10-fulpgim.png

You're welcome even though that took me like 20 tries.
At least I could just jump to the bottom after I got the key.
*Insert boss battle I didn't get a screenshot of*
So I can trade my gun. Since the boss was pretty much the Curly boss I'm guessing I get a machine gun so okay sure.

p194468-11-z1n7vrq.png

Are you kidding me.
p194468-12-vnis7bk.png

Thanks.
Why is there a bed here if I can't sleep in it?
Okay I'm going to some city now.
p194468-13-ojwye2e.png

Okay.
p194468-14-diujytm.png

Thanks.
p194468-15-rennmpz.png

Totallynoteggcorridor City.
p194468-16-cbgekfm.png

Why can I sleep in this person's bed but not that other guys?
p194468-17-a9wstwq.png

Wait these people are my parents?
Oh.
So that IS my bed.
Forgot to get pics so jump to later.
p194468-18-oooftcb.png

LANGUAGE.
Also why is the Pirates of the Caribbean theme playing again?
Also another jump.
p194468-19-gohrgjj.png

Thanks.
p194468-20-lnpshp1.png

Whoops.
p194468-21-jye5f4w.png

Rip.
p194468-22-x7x4gms.png

Oh okay.
So that certainly was a mod.
Wasn't really the best in my opinion.
If you can fix up some of the stuff I said wasn't the best, I think this could be an okay mod.
Okay I'm done.

Jun 7, 2015 at 11:55 PM
I'm going to answer your contentions in bold.

Silverpaw19 said:
Sorry it took me so long been busy.
First of all I already made this post earlier but backspaced so I have to rewrite the whole thing.
So I'm angry while writing this.
Second of all that unnecessary BS thing was a quote of someone from my stream but I honestly have to agree with them.
Also for your convenience I replayed the whole mod to get pics.
Merry Christmas.
p194468-0-idz3x2o.png

First of all why is this here. Remember the "Corridor?" in the plantation? This is something like that. Foreshadowing.
p194468-1-ubfae6a.png

I'd assume not to help the Doctor for he was the villain of Cave Story, so no. Good for you. If you listened to what you just said, and noticed that ALL OF THE OTHER CHARACTERS ARE OUT OF CHARACTER, you'd know that the Doctor is OOC as well!
EDIT:
Forgot to mention, an underlying theme of this mod is religion (Ballos being akin to Satanism, the Immortals to Christianity, and soon enough another character will be related to agnosticism. I wanted an "atheistic ending", which would explain to you the whole "There Is Nothing" ending.)
p194468-2-be2cbgc.png

Whoops gotta start from the beginning now. Good for you.
Fun.
p194468-3-mcsekyd.png

Okay I'm in a cave now.
I'd assume to go to the place I'm told to not enter. If you noticed what is written right after that, you'd see the whole "Servant of Ballos" thing. You were sent to Moria to GET THE CROWN FROM BALLOS.
p194468-4-6xktsfw.png

Okay.
Great. You dun screwed up.
p194468-5-cgavcdh.png

Okay what's this.
p194468-6-q4xi8vj.png

Hahaha fun. That was a dick move. But it was funny as shit.
p194468-7-c6idsuk.png

Not sure why that puzzle is needed but okay. Because puzzles.
p194468-8-exd1srk.png

I dunno Doctor, why couldn't you? Because that would make the game very boring.
p194468-9-qcnj1nb.png

Okay this puzzle is bull.
There are even gaps for you to fall in and restart. It's a puzzle for a reason. Notice that the puzzle blocks are different from the surrounding blocks.
As you prolly noticed I changed the blocks you can move through because this puzzle is dumb.
p194468-10-fulpgim.png

You're welcome even though that took me like 20 tries.
At least I could just jump to the bottom after I got the key. It's a challenge section, it's important to get a certain item later on, so quit your whining, it's optional and purposely difficult.
*Insert boss battle I didn't get a screenshot of*
So I can trade my gun. Since the boss was pretty much the Curly boss I'm guessing I get a machine gun so okay sure.

p194468-11-z1n7vrq.png

Are you kidding me. You keep making assumptions based off the original game. Get over that.
p194468-12-vnis7bk.png

Thanks.
Why is there a bed here if I can't sleep in it? Because it's not yours. Duh.
Okay I'm going to some city now.
p194468-13-ojwye2e.png

Okay. What's the issue here?
p194468-14-diujytm.png

Thanks. And here?
p194468-15-rennmpz.png

Totallynoteggcorridor City. Gee, I apologize for not being a magical artist who can make completely new tilesets.
p194468-16-cbgekfm.png

Why can I sleep in this person's bed but not that other guys?
p194468-17-a9wstwq.png

Wait these people are my parents?
Oh.
So that IS my bed.
Forgot to get pics so jump to later.
p194468-18-oooftcb.png

LANGUAGE.
Also why is the Pirates of the Caribbean theme playing again? It's Puu Black's theme. Duh.
Also another jump.
p194468-19-gohrgjj.png

Thanks.
p194468-20-lnpshp1.png

Whoops.
p194468-21-jye5f4w.png

Rip.
p194468-22-x7x4gms.png

Oh okay.
So that certainly was a mod.
Wasn't really the best in my opinion.
If you can fix up some of the stuff I said wasn't the best, I think this could be an okay mod.
Okay I'm done.

Jun 8, 2015 at 3:31 AM
Been here way too long...
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Almost all of his points are completely valid. So valid, in fact, that I think I'm going to do a stream just to see how much I agree with his points. I'll make sure to go into detail with everything I see wrong so that you really get it.

I'll give some more detail when I stream sometime tomorrow.

Jun 8, 2015 at 3:46 AM
duncathan said:
Almost all of his points are completely valid. So valid, in fact, that I think I'm going to do a stream just to see how much I agree with his points. I'll make sure to go into detail with everything I see wrong so that you really get it.

I'll give some more detail when I stream sometime tomorrow.
Whose points? Silverpaw's? Well at this point I might as well scrap the game and start over. Which, by the way, I'm not doing.

"First of all why is this here."
I'd say that's not a valid point. It's not a point or anything. I have plans for that section, and he doesn't know about them.

"I'd assume not to help the Doctor for he was the villain of Cave Story, so no."
Should you assume anything when going into a mod? Especially if a character is blatantly OOC?

"I'd assume to go to the place I'm told to not enter."
Yeah, sure. But you were sent TO CAPTURE BALLOS. Maybe I can remove the part about going to the right entirely, and that'll be better.

There have been alot of negative comments on the puzzles. Well if I didn't have those, the gameplay would be bland and boring. I think most people are simply frustrated with them, and just trying to run through them without looking closely, which is not what you're supposed to do.

Those were the only actual contentions that he brought up. All but one the comment on the puzzles was a result of him making assumptions about THIS mod based off of the original game. Here, I'll add the following to the forum article, to make it ABSOLUTELY CLEAR:

Any previous correlations and relationships between characters are not relevant in this mod, so don't make any assumptions about any of them. For example, the Doctor does not start off as your enemy (but that may change).

Jun 8, 2015 at 4:26 AM
Its dark in here
"Deaths: 4000"
SuperJaws100 said:
There have been alot of negative comments on the puzzles. Well if I didn't have those, the gameplay would be bland and boring. I think most people are simply frustrated with them, and just trying to run through them without looking closely, which is not what you're supposed to do.
the problem with the puzzles is that they're BLAND and BORING anyway, not to mention tedious too.

Jun 8, 2015 at 5:16 AM
Professional Whatever
just because a puzzle is optional doesn't mean it can be lazy and bullshit

Jun 8, 2015 at 5:19 AM
Perpetually out of it
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
SuperJaws100 said:
Oh look a shitty thing that other video games do
That must mean I'm completely justified in doing it just because other people do it too
That's good game design right

(I'm certainly guilty of responding to month old posts just because they didn't catch my attention but I really felt I had to address this)

Jun 8, 2015 at 7:20 AM
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator
For fuck's sake guy I said I'd explain tomorrow
SuperJaws100 said:
Well at this point I might as well scrap the game and start over. Which, by the way, I'm not doing.
>implying you're gonna finish your mod
Sorry guy but in the vast majority of cases, it's better to just let the mod die. You've got a lot of misconceptions about modding, and I'll address then in my steam tomorrow.

Jun 8, 2015 at 11:08 AM
Bonds that separate us
Forum Administrator
Whatever we're going to do, let's keep the antagonism to a minimum, a'ight?

Jun 8, 2015 at 8:03 PM
So, I'll remove the puzzles and put another group of enemies there. I'm not sure how the puzzles are "lazy and bullshit" but whatever you say. It seems that the only people who have any actual complaints about the mod are focusing on one or two really specific things and calling the whole mod terrible.

So far, the ONE thing that has been complained about that is actually valid is the puzzles in the FIRST AREA. Is that ONE issue really ruining the whole mod for you?

The difficulty of the platforming is not a valid complaint, because those areas are optional and purposely difficult because later on you'll get

Hidden text highlight (or click) to view:

the Spur

for completing them.

EDIT:

Also, Duncathan, I've seen your Live Stream. You got frustrated at Rave Story because you died while battling a repaint of the Red Demon. Quite clearly, you have issues dealing with things that are not a breeze, and as such I intend to ignore any contentions you have brought up.

However, due to all the complaints about the bloody puzzles, I'll remove them.

Jun 8, 2015 at 8:10 PM
Professional Whatever
1. i haven't actually played the mod so i don't know what your puzzles are like, i could have phrased that better but i'm just saying "it's optional" is not a foolproof excuse
2. oh shit dunc he's gonna ignore you because you're bad at video games

Jun 8, 2015 at 8:22 PM
Doors said:
1. i haven't actually played the mod so i don't know what your puzzles are like, i could have phrased that better but i'm just saying "it's optional" is not a foolproof excuse
2. oh shit dunc he's gonna ignore you because you're bad at video games
I can't take advice about difficulty from someone whose "hard" is my "easy". If he can find a valid reason to hate the puzzles than fine. I don't personally think they're lazy. They're meant to force you to look closely and not just blaze through them. I will remove the one before the Mining Room entirely, but the one before the Giant Cave/optional boss fight is staying.

Jun 8, 2015 at 8:33 PM
Professional Whatever
I think you're assuming a bit too much here
I get annoyed when I can't beat a game too, but that doesn't mean I can't have a valid argument against certain parts of the game
Likewise dunc might be super bad or super good at a game, that doesn't mean that he can't say what he likes and dislikes in game or give his feedback

Edit: I just noticed you were specifically talking about qualms with difficulty, which invalidates this post. My bad. I disagree with your dismissing his points on difficulty too, but I won't expand upon it. It's just my opinion, anyway.

Jun 8, 2015 at 8:54 PM
SuperJaws100 said:
I can't take advice about difficulty from someone whose "hard" is my "easy". If he can find a valid reason to hate the puzzles than fine. I don't personally think they're lazy. They're meant to force you to look closely and not just blaze through them. I will remove the one before the Mining Room entirely, but the one before the Giant Cave/optional boss fight is staying.
Wait that boss fight and getting the key from the outer wall was optional?
I was almost sure the doctor wouldn't let me leave until I fought that boss.

Jun 9, 2015 at 1:36 AM
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator
SuperJaws100 said:
So, I'll remove the puzzles and put another group of enemies there. I'm not sure how the puzzles are "lazy and bullshit" but whatever you say. It seems that the only people who have any actual complaints about the mod are focusing on one or two really specific things and calling the whole mod terrible.

So far, the ONE thing that has been complained about that is actually valid is the puzzles in the FIRST AREA. Is that ONE issue really ruining the whole mod for you?

The difficulty of the platforming is not a valid complaint, because those areas are optional and purposely difficult because later on you'll get

Hidden text highlight (or click) to view:

the Spur

for completing them.
Please stop getting mad about people not being detailed; I am going to go into detail later today when I stream. I'll stream at probably around 4:30 Saskatchewan time. It's 3:00 right now.

Also, Duncathan, I've seen your Live Stream. You got frustrated at Rave Story because you died while battling a repaint of the Red Demon. Quite clearly, you have issues dealing with things that are not a breeze, and as such I intend to ignore any contentions you have brought up.
Oh boy this is incredible. Ask Polar Star what he thinks of that. The issue wasn't that I wasn't good, it was that the fight was unbalanced. I don't complain about difficulty. I complain about fake difficulty, which is not a player issue, but a design issue. I'll explain the concept during the stream. I can assure you, though, that if you simply disregard my advice and criticism, it will not look very good for you. Many respected modders (Tpcool, PolarStar, even Noxid and ZarroTsu) take my advice into consideration because I /do/ know what I'm talking about. Don't make yourself look stupid by completely disregarding me.
Stream's on now, by the way. We're ten minutes in, sorry.
Stream's over.