Harpy Gaiden

Aug 22, 2019 at 9:47 PM
Stoned Member
"All your forum are belong to us!"
The Harpy series is getting somewhere.

1566506765318.png

My plushie of Duri (from Harpy 1 and 2 and eventually 3) arrived
My peers and family members are all interested now that the mobile version has released.
I suddenly feel confident about myself.

I hope we'll be able to afford a second company email soon so we can start doing PR to get this game to streamers, I'm gonna see if I can put Harpy 1, 2, and Gaiden on Giantbomb for use on Twitch.

Sep 23, 2019 at 3:15 PM
Stoned Member
A little update:
Someone in my Discord is making a mod that serves as yet another quest for this game, with a different playable character and reversed level order.

It will likely have controller support, which, I will add into the main game once that code is complete.
( I don't have a controller to test with, also I can't code for shit )

A design doc for the next harpy game has been in the works since last month, it's pretty ambitious, but considering how fast I put out levels during development, it'll be no problem for me.

The largest hurdle for the next game will be the artstyle, because I haven't entirely decided on what I want yet, but I do know it's going to be much more lively (and thus much more time consuming)

I've also considered keeping the style you see in this game and harpy 1 / 2 going as a separate thing. This way people will be able to enjoy the classic experience for cheap and the modern experience for a little more of a pretty penny.

The harpy series has shown to be much easier to develop than Mugeneko has, namely because I have no clue how to program in a cutscene engine.

In the meantime between this post and that fangame, take this picture.
1569248094176.png

Dec 4, 2019 at 6:21 AM
War criminal
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Someone please join me in the $100+ tier. This game deserves the money!

Dec 4, 2019 at 6:38 AM
Deliverer of Sweets
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
For a moment i thought you only were gonna release to iOS and not android but fortunately its already on the latter.
If I have the time I might check out the game sometime.

Someone please join me in the $100+ tier. This game deserves the money!
Im all up for indies getting the support they need but is it really needed to call out your own donations like that.

Dec 4, 2019 at 6:39 AM
War criminal
Im all up for indies getting the support they need but is it really needed to call out your own donations like that
Yes.

Dec 4, 2019 at 7:24 AM
Deliverer of Sweets
Dec 10, 2019 at 8:41 PM
Deliverer of Sweets
I'm sorry if this sounds rude but I was reading the kickstarter page and I was wondering why there's a promise of 'non-intrusive ads' when the (very limited stock) $2 reward mentions the removal of 'pop-up ads'.
Why is the iOS version going to be free anyway when the Android version is €1,37, this is a very weird difference to me.
How much is the ad removal gonna cost anyway? It's not like this will apply to me because I avoid Apple like the plague but I'm just curious.

Dec 11, 2019 at 2:11 AM
Stoned Member
How much is the ad removal gonna cost anyway?
$2

The inconsistency is because of the fact that the ios version is run by someone with different ideologies pretty much.

Will probably make them consistent when the ios version releases considering that's gonna add in a few features and bugfixes.

I'm very new to mobile development, and all these systems are alot more complicated than I'd like them to be, but oh well, such is the life of a crappy game dev I guess, I'm so thankful to have my community manager helping me out with all this.

Jan 3, 2020 at 4:12 AM
War criminal
Congrats on the amount reached!
p372256-0-48n39a.png

I'll be getting that Nozomi Bruh shirt soon enough...

Jan 3, 2020 at 11:11 AM
"Huzzah!"
$1325?! WOW.
By the way, something that kinda bothers me about that picture is the way her arms are tethered to her wings. I don't know why.

Jan 3, 2020 at 3:02 PM
War criminal
her arms are tethered to her wings.
That's how harpy anatomy works. Bird wings are their arms, y'know. They're not angels. :p

Feb 26, 2023 at 1:09 AM
beep boop
Feb 26, 2023 at 1:17 AM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
harpy gaiden releasing in 2123