GTA V

Sep 17, 2013 at 6:18 PM
Hyperbolic
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
It's finally released...the BIGGEST GTA ever...but will it be the best?

Sep 17, 2013 at 8:08 PM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
It automatically bests all the other gta's except for 3 and vice city.

Sep 18, 2013 at 12:15 AM
daughter of chivalry
"Bleep, Bloop, Bleep, Bloop"
Am I the only one around here that despised Vice City? (Aside from the 80s music, of course)

My friend picked up the collector's edition midnight and we've been playing it together the whole day. I'm absolutely loving it. I've always been a fan of the San Andreas area so experiencing it again is a breath of fresh air compared to the clusteredness that was Liberty City. And playing something with an actual storyline with different PoVs? Sold. I'm seriously considering picking the game up for myself soon. I never felt the need to get GTA IV for myself but this is a different story.

(Though I kinda wish I preordered the collector's edition from the start so I could have gotten the sweet Los Santos cap my friend got. That's what ebay is for though I guess)

Sep 18, 2013 at 12:21 AM
/end
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
metalsonic71 said:
It automatically bests all the other gta's except for 3 and vice city.
The very first GTA is and will always be the best GTA!

-explodes from overload of hipster juice-

Sep 18, 2013 at 2:42 AM
Giving it my all and shooting for the moon.
Modding Community Discord Admin
Meh, I completely understand the appeal, and I do have high respect to the level of craftsmanship to Rockstar for the series, giving the freedom to do the increasingly widerange of fun actions in such an open world.

But for me, I'm actually going to wait a little bit and see some more reviews regarding the game, I've always had more of an interest in having a more specific mechanic that's not just "Everything is possible." Oh, yes, I totally think that's an amazing prospect and what makes the series so strong, but my personal gaming picks are with a more-centralized, more-effective theme.

Like that one "Watch Dogs" game coming out in a few months, an incredibly open world but with a specific theme of being an expert hacker that can control pretty much the whole technical array of the city... That's what I'm going full speed into.

Just my wandering nit-pic's. Go have your fun in this ridiculously open gameplay... Who knows, maybe I'll change my mind after hearing some other people's endless praise for it.

Sep 18, 2013 at 11:50 AM
Hyperbolic
I liked GTA IV best from all the earlier GTAs because 1) Niko Bellic is Serbian and I live in Serbia 2) Serious/dark story (opposed to the farts, "asshole"s of GTA I/II), and relatively accurate presentation of various social layers.

I can't wait to play and compare GTAV to these, but I'll have to wait for the PC version (i don't own a console) and maybe for a price drop (I earn around 730$/month) - until then salivating on GTAV videos... I like what I've seen so far, drug use is interesting, the city is huge, an interesting looking story, soul and funk radio stations...