Jan 7, 2014 at 4:47 AM
"Master using it, and you can have this!"
Sorry

Remember, I barely come on the forum but I'll edit out the post

Jan 7, 2014 at 4:54 AM
daughter of chivalry
"Bleep, Bloop, Bleep, Bloop"
andwhyisit said:
Then Wild Desu would complain about the possibility of getting "wat is tihs cat optoin???" threads. If Noxid could only see it or only had it then there would be complaints about the unfair distribution of cat or cat viewership. I refer you back to my "the drama isn't worth it" post. I've essentially preempted every single Cat-related concern in the future by completely removing it across the board.
Haha wow. I am so very sorry for speaking up for once and "complaining" about something so pointless. I know I phrased my post pretty negatively and "complainy", but I truly thought it'd be for the better of the forums. Not solely because of personal annoyance and wanting to kill everyone's "fun" (if you can even call that fun.) Gosh you guys are weird. -.-

Jan 7, 2014 at 5:24 AM
Indie game enthusiast
"What is a man!? A miserable pile of secrets! But enough talk, have at you!"
was about to post a thread
"who killed the cat"

I see...

*sniff* it was nice having a Cat while it lasted

obligatory cat left in the rain video

Jan 7, 2014 at 7:24 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
I want my cat back! I never even got to see the number! :p

Jan 7, 2014 at 10:32 PM
Its dark in here
"Deaths: 4000"
it actually feels kinda weird with it being gone

Jan 7, 2014 at 11:06 PM
"It's dangerous to go alone!"
andwhyisit said:
I've essentially preempted every single Cat-related concern in the future by completely removing it across the board.
Until some new guy stumbles upon the threads asking about cat, then makes a thread asking about those threads.. :chin:

Jan 8, 2014 at 12:55 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Wild Desu said:
Haha wow. I am so very sorry for speaking up for once and "complaining" about something so pointless. I know I phrased my post pretty negatively and "complainy", but I truly thought it'd be for the better of the forums. Not solely because of personal annoyance and wanting to kill everyone's "fun" (if you can even call that fun.) Gosh you guys are weird. -.-
You missed the point. If there is some form of objection to Cat then I can't really keep it because it offers little of value and as such there can be no counter-argument.

I found it annoying that everyone is like "YAY, Cat!" and then switch to "Boo.. Cat." out of nowhere. It reeks of that anti-censor incident from a while back which soured my response a bit. I didn't exactly want to remember that. Be upfront with your opinions rather than let them stew for a month.

Jan 8, 2014 at 12:56 AM
daughter of chivalry
Yeah ok unless you guys plan on having any meaningful discussion or if there will be any ground-breaking decisions made on this, I'm requesting a lock. It's painful enough to watch a bunch of little boys get upset over a number under their name. Sorry bout it.

Jan 8, 2014 at 12:58 AM
"It's dangerous to go alone!"
...Did I cause all this? Or was I, (I quote) "The straw that broke the camels back." ?

Jan 8, 2014 at 12:59 AM
daughter of chivalry
Well I guess this will teach us all that implementing pointless features will always end in disaster and someone spoiling the party.

Jan 8, 2014 at 2:55 AM
Professional Whatever
Relax, dasu. I understand your point and I agree in some regards to you, but there's no reason to get overdefensive or insult others. Most of us are friends here, and besides the occasional blanket or joke post we are trying to have a meaningful conversation.
Cat was supposed to be something fun and amusing, until the spam threads started up. Okay, maybe it was a bad decision in the longrun but at least the mods here are trying to make this place seem less like a prison and more like a hangout (although that's not to say there shouldn't be consequences or anything, but you understand my meaning).

Jan 8, 2014 at 4:16 AM
The TideWalker
Modding Community Discord Founder
"That dog!"
What Doors said.

Anyway, I've been quiet long enough.

My only proposal is to put it straight into the rules on what it is and if there are any threads about it, then they are locked and you receive a warning.

I agree with Dunc in that users should read the rules, and it would make a nice test for the n00bs.

Jan 8, 2014 at 5:18 AM
daughter of chivalry
MagicDoors said:
Relax, dasu. I understand your point and I agree in some regards to you, but there's no reason to get overdefensive or insult others. Most of us are friends here, and besides the occasional blanket or joke post we are trying to have a meaningful conversation.
Cat was supposed to be something fun and amusing, until the spam threads started up. Okay, maybe it was a bad decision in the longrun but at least the mods here are trying to make this place seem less like a prison and more like a hangout (although that's not to say there shouldn't be consequences or anything, but you understand my meaning).
Sorry, I just don't appreciate being singled out and people pulling the whole "well we could have had it this way but SO AND SO complained so I GUESS we have to have it their way". But whatever.

Jan 8, 2014 at 7:17 AM
"Ha! Ha! Ha! Mega Man is no match for my Mimiga Man!"
Wild Desu said:
Sorry, I just don't appreciate being singled out and people pulling the whole "well we could have had it this way but SO AND SO complained so I GUESS we have to have it their way". But whatever.
Me neither, i'm trying my best right now on status updates to hammer the idea of "Complete your end of the art trade!!" in your mind right now :p But yeah, slightly more on-topic:

I didn't really care that much about the Cat statistic. I didn't really find it annoying or anything.

Jan 8, 2014 at 8:30 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
Wild Desu said:
Regarding my first post, I suppose it did sound like that in hindsight. Sorry about that.

To rephrase:
@Those asking for a rule change: Seriously guys, it isn't worth all this.
@Everyone: I'll just remove it.
@You: Incidentally this solves your problem.

In my second post I did single you out, but not as the reason for removing Cat. I really don't care if Cat stays or goes, truly.

Jan 8, 2014 at 11:18 AM
Based Member
Bombchu Link said:
My only proposal is to put it straight into the rules on what it is and if there are any threads about it, then they are locked and you receive a warning.

I agree with Dunc in that users should read the rules, and it would make a nice test for the n00bs.
That isn't really necessary seeing as how the cat counter has been removed. If you're still seeing it, then I suggest you clear your cache.

Jan 10, 2014 at 6:37 AM
I don't anymore.
"I'm sorry Mario, but your princess is in another castle."
I associated the cat feature purely by its hilarious nature. I will admit it made no practical sense and despite being sad to see it go it is probably for the best that it did. Don't feel bad desu it sucks to be the one to point it out.

We should have a discussion at some point about Crap threads and encouraging better disscusion.

Jan 10, 2014 at 8:29 AM
/end
What was cat anyway? I apparently missed it completely.

Status
Not open for further replies.