Garry's Mod

Aug 17, 2015 at 7:50 PM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
Just to be sure, I searched the whole forums, and despite mentions of GMOD, there isn't some sort of dedicated thread to it. So here ya go!

Blurb from official Steam store page
Garry's Mod is a physics sandbox. There aren't any predefined aims or goals. We give you the tools and leave you to play.
Store Page

All and well, GMOD really shines in it's multiplayer (If you don't join any of the overwhelming number of servers with kids for admins) and addons! (If you ignore the overwhelming number of crappy addons)

If you don't have GMOD, don't despair! GMOD often goes on large 50%-75% sales, so don't forget to steal such a deal!

Anyways, I can go and host a GMOD server (Without Hamachi!) with hand-selected addons. If there's some addon any of y'all would like to include into my server, I'll look it over and decide about it. (I want to avoid obnoxious type of addons)

I'm currently not hosting a server, but each time I do start hosting, I'll make a post with the current IP address and password.

Connection Instructions:
1. Start up GMOD
2. Open up the console by pressing ~ (if console does not open, enable it in the settings)
3. Type in: "password ###" (replace ### with the proper password)
4. Then type in: "connect ###" (replace ### with the proper IP address)
5. ???
6. Profit!

Addon Collection Download

Last edited:
Aug 17, 2015 at 7:52 PM
scrungy
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
I bought this to make thumbnails for TF2 videos back in 2012
I never ended up having any fun with it so I haven't used it since

Aug 17, 2015 at 7:55 PM
Deliverer of Sweets
Raus said:
If you don't have GMOD, don't despair! GMOD often goes on large 50%-75% sales, so don't forget to steal such a deal!
Too bad I don't have steam, or even actually know how to pay there.
Probaly should totally check out how and maybe try it out by buying CS+ once in my life.

Anyways, I've heard alot of good things about GMod, and somebody I know has it too. So if I ever get the chance in my life, I'll try to see if I can get it. As it sounds alot of fun.

Aug 17, 2015 at 8:05 PM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
Miccs said:
Too bad I don't have steam, or even actually know how to pay there.
Probaly should totally check out how and maybe try it out by buying CS+ once in my life.
Steam is free to join, and payments can be done through various methods.
And I probably should get CS+ myself ^_^;;

Miccs said:
Anyways, I've heard alot of good things about GMod, and somebody I know has it too. So if I ever get the chance in my life, I'll try to see if I can get it. As it sounds alot of fun.
Oh it is barrels of fun! You can do all manners of crazy balderdash, or do all sorts of organized gameplay! You can even let your creative juices flow by creating pictures, videos, addons, maps, or even custom gamemodes!

Aug 17, 2015 at 8:07 PM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
I'm too poor to buy anything on Steam. D;

Aug 17, 2015 at 8:10 PM
Deliverer of Sweets
Raus said:
Steam is free to join, and payments can be done through various methods.
I already heard that it's free to join(like, why not), but (sorry for going a bit off-topic here) what are the payment methods then?

Aug 17, 2015 at 8:12 PM
scrungy
Miccs said:
I already heard that it's free to join(like, why not), but (sorry for going a bit off-topic here) what are the payment methods then?
p204982-0-9oxbm9j.png

Aug 17, 2015 at 8:41 PM
I haven't played GMod in a while, But I think I've already hit the 1000 hours mark on that game by playing TTT and whatever.

I guess it would be fun to play with people from here.

Aug 17, 2015 at 8:45 PM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
I have the game -- well, my brother does -- but I haven't tried any servers yet. I've done some singleplayer -- shot some nukes, spawned shrek, killed myself, but that's about it.

What kind of server are you thinking of? Sandbox, prophunt...?

Aug 17, 2015 at 8:52 PM
Its dark in here
"Deaths: 4000"
Miccs said:
go to a gamestop or one of the few grocerystores/pharmacies that sell steam cards

Aug 17, 2015 at 8:54 PM
Anuken said:
I have the game -- well, my brother does -- but I haven't tried any servers yet. I've done some singleplayer -- shot some nukes, spawned shrek, killed myself, but that's about it.
Then you haven't seen GMOD's full glory yet! ;3

Anuken said:
What kind of server are you thinking of? Sandbox, prophunt...?
I'm thinking of some good 'ol sandbox at first, then try out whatever other gamemodes there are.

Aug 17, 2015 at 8:57 PM
Deliverer of Sweets
Goerge Bobicles said:
go to a gamestop or one of the few grocerystores/pharmacies that sell steam cards
Now that you mentoin it, I think some stores nearby might have those, if I ever go to them, I'll see if see one. Thanks.

Aug 17, 2015 at 10:04 PM
2dbro
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
PAC3 is a must for addons

also yeah sure i'll play

Aug 18, 2015 at 1:28 AM
2DBro said:
PAC3 is a must for addons

also yeah sure i'll play
I've seen that awesome addon before, but it broke my GMOD ;-; Okay, maybe I do have ~500 addons installed

Lemme try it out again some time, because who doesn't love customization! ;3

Aug 19, 2015 at 4:16 AM
Just asking, would such a GMOD session be fine on a weekend afternoon? (Around GMT+6, GMT+5)

Oh and I'm currently camping for a fifth week this summer, so I won't be able to do any hosting for this week ^_^;
(Hopefully I won't be having short campouts on later weekends)

Aug 21, 2015 at 10:22 PM
Kills fast zombies with a shotgun while going max speed in a Corvette Z06* directly towards a ramp that goes off into the middle of the ocean, after which 17 nukes get detonated and Sanic takes over the world.

10/10 -IGN "Would ramp into ocean again"

* = because, apparently, no one in the modding community made Solstice or Sky addons.

Sep 3, 2015 at 2:12 AM
Alright, I'm planning a GMOD session this Saturday starting at 20:00 'till 22:00. (8:00 PM 'till 10:00 PM if you didn't understand :< )
Once the time comes, I'll then post the IP address and password. Cya then!

Apr 7, 2016 at 5:42 AM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Had some especially fond memories playing ZombieSurvival in Garrysmod,
Good times, given how uncommon it was that humans won or how it took a team of players working together to keep a barricade up.