Female Quote?

Sep 20, 2013 at 10:45 PM
War criminal
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Wild Desu said:
Oh geez man don't even go there. You do realize saying something like that might induce one of the worst, pain-inducing arguments? Watch your words (and your brain), eh?

Anyway, female Doctor. No thanks.

p173717-0-loivryo.png
I can live with Female Doctor.
What about possessed Male Sue and Male Misery?

Sep 20, 2013 at 11:08 PM
/end
Noxid, the world needs female Ballos, the world needs 5th form female Ballos.

Do it, for science!

Sep 21, 2013 at 2:46 PM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
TLincoln said:
But what punctuation mark used in coding shall we name the main two if gender-swapped?
Swapped quote: Period
Swapped curly: Bracket

Sep 21, 2013 at 11:40 PM
War criminal
Swapped King: Queen
Swapped Arthur: Ariana
Swapped Jack: Jackie

Sep 22, 2013 at 3:56 PM
Amaya
Discord Group Moderator
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
I honestly think a flipped genders mod would be pretty awesome, but I also think there's little chance of seeing that mod completed...

Although Period actually is a pretty good name for female Quote. Besides the obvious, silly joke, you have to realize that Quote is named that because, you know, he never speaks. It could be seen as either an ironic name, or a literal quote that has nothing in it, like "" or "...". Now, what do you get if you add 3 periods? The same deal, ... .

I personally think Ellipse or Ellipsis sounds more femenine than Period, but that's just me. Not like there's anyone taking this seriously, anyway. :p

Sep 22, 2013 at 5:52 PM
Based Member
You know, you don't have to change everyone's name. Curly is a gender-ambiguous name, and therefore could be kept for her boy counterpart. In fact, as many of you know, Curly was originally going to be Quote's name. Also, I'd prefer Quota as a name for a girl version of Quote. Some time ago, GIR even made some drawing of a female Quote whom he called Quota. I can't find the post though. Although I do agree the names of some other characters should be changed, such as those with gener-exclusive names. I like the TLincoln's suggested alternatives for Arthur, King, and Jack.

Sep 23, 2013 at 11:41 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
I never thought that me asking a stupid question would lead to talk about a rule 63 mod. :toroko:

Sep 23, 2013 at 3:12 PM
War criminal
mariofan251 said:
I never thought that me asking a stupid question would lead to talk about a rule 63 mod. :toroko:
And you'll be given credit for the inspiration. :)

Sep 23, 2013 at 3:36 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
mariofan251 said:
don't worry, it wont'

Sep 23, 2013 at 5:59 PM
/end
Noxid said:
don't worry, it wont'
Then this forum has outlived its usefulness.

Close all the sections.
Delete all the posts.
Burn the server.

Sep 24, 2013 at 2:22 AM
Amaya
Discord Group Moderator
MetaSeraphim said:
Then this forum has outlived its usefulness.

Close all the sections.
Delete all the posts.
Burn the server.
But Andwhy payed good money for that server. :p

or maybe he didn't pay for the server but rather hosting I don't actually know how this works

Sep 24, 2013 at 2:49 AM
War criminal
Then let's start a brand new one! :D

Sep 28, 2013 at 10:25 PM
Veteran Member
"The Ultimate Sword of Extraordinary Magnitude"
Eh, when I saw this topic's title I assumed the OP was requesting a female Quote (artwork or mini-mod) and immediately prepared myself to post a "We already have one: she goes by Curly" reply.

Going slightly off topic (still technicly about rule 63 but not Cave Story) something that always surprised me is how there doesn't seem to be any art floating around of female Zoras of the 2D Zelda games variety (you know, the fish like ones that mostly only show their heads to shoot you, not the dolphin like ones you chat with in 3D games). It's all the more weird since the manual of the first game described them as women due to a translation error.
I guess the Internet does not appreciate fish girls unless they are bona fide mermaids.

Sep 28, 2013 at 10:55 PM
Hyperbolic
Female Quote is called "Quota" :orangebell:

Oct 7, 2013 at 8:28 PM
"Master using it, and you can have this!"
Polaris said:
I honestly think a flipped genders mod would be pretty awesome, but I also think there's little chance of seeing that mod completed...

Although Period actually is a pretty good name for female Quote. Besides the obvious, silly joke, you have to realize that Quote is named that because, you know, he never speaks. It could be seen as either an ironic name, or a literal quote that has nothing in it, like "" or "...". Now, what do you get if you add 3 periods? The same deal, ... .

I personally think Ellipse or Ellipsis sounds more femenine than Period, but that's just me. Not like there's anyone taking this seriously, anyway. :p
Gender swap would actually be a fun April Fool's update for CS+.

Do you all really want to play something like this? Female Balrog, male Misery. Swaps sound hilarious.

Oct 7, 2013 at 8:54 PM
Amaya
Discord Group Moderator
tyrone said:
Gender swap would actually be a fun April Fool's update for CS+.

Do you all really want to play something like this? Female Balrog, male Misery. Swaps sound hilarious.
Heck yes!

Again, that would be AWESOME, especially now that I actually have Cave Story +. If it's official, all the better. c: