Fecal Matter Story, it's returning...

Sep 19, 2016 at 3:11 AM
Forever 12
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
Drama in this thread already? Well, I was expecting the poop to hit the fan sooner or later

Sep 19, 2016 at 3:14 AM
lol
Modding Community Discord Moderator
"All your forum are belong to us!"
That's very true I may be viewed as a hypocrite and or an asshole, and if others see me like that, then I'll leave this thread alone, thank you for telling me. And I guess I was trying to exact justice and I'm sorry I pushed myself into this.

Sep 19, 2016 at 3:19 AM
Soup Man
"In Soviet Russia, graves keep YOU!"
That's very true I may be viewed as a hypocrite and or an asshole, and if others see me like that, then I'll leave this thread alone, thank you for telling me. And I guess I was trying to exact justice and I'm sorry I pushed myself into this.
It's fine. I also acted immaturely when I criticized a mod that wasn't even out, and when I continued our arguements. So, I'm also sorry.

Sep 19, 2016 at 10:49 AM
Bonds that separate us
Forum Administrator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
tbh Poop Story sounded better. or at least less direct about its subject

In the meantime I'm going to ask that all further "criticism" wait until a demo actually gets posted

Sep 19, 2016 at 1:40 PM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
Look at all the Balrogs. It's my dream come true.

Sep 19, 2016 at 9:59 PM
The "C" in "college" is for "crippling debt".
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
Y'all are kind of being jerks. That being said... we've already had a Poop Story, and I can't remember if it was you who made it, but it got similar criticism. Calling something "Poop Story" or "Fecal Matter Story" is just immature and isn't something people are going to think is funny. Additionally, making a mod that is intentionally bad is one thing, but making a mod that just lazily does not change tilesets, NPCs, etc so that it's easier is just... well, lazy. You can make things look good while making them look bad, if that makes any sense.

Sep 19, 2016 at 10:06 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
Y'all are kind of being jerks. That being said... we've already had a Poop Story, and I can't remember if it was you who made it, but it got similar criticism. Calling something "Poop Story" or "Fecal Matter Story" is just immature and isn't something people are going to think is funny. Additionally, making a mod that is intentionally bad is one thing, but making a mod that just lazily does not change tilesets, NPCs, etc so that it's easier is just... well, lazy. You can make things look good while making them look bad, if that makes any sense.
cmon dude he literally said he made poop story in the first post

Sep 19, 2016 at 10:52 PM
"It's dangerous to go alone!"
I'm done with this mod. Not gonna finish it, just gonna let it sit and rot.

Sep 20, 2016 at 12:00 AM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
I'm done with this mod. Not gonna finish it, just gonna let it sit and rot.
Does that mean this thread can be deleted?

WARNING PARAGRAPH BELOW

I think you're misunderstanding the definition of "hate". Hate would, in my opinion, be defined more as an irrational disrespect for something, or, to put it simply, disliking something for no reason. And while there were people whom criticized your mod before it even came out, there were actual good criticisms among the hate. And just straight up asking for no one to hate will cause hate. it's simply a rule of thumb. If you are going to post something to a forum or some other sort of internet social media, you're always going to have to take hate, whether or not it's criticism, or just blind hate.

but whatever it's your choice

Last edited:
Sep 20, 2016 at 1:27 AM
"It's dangerous to go alone!"

WARNING PARAGRAPH BELOW

I think you're misunderstanding the definition of "hate". Hate would, in my opinion, be defined more as an irrational disrespect for something, or, to put it simply, disliking something for no reason. And while there were people whom criticized your mod before it even came out, there were actual good criticisms among the hate. And just straight up asking for no one to hate will cause hate. it's simply a rule of thumb. If you are going to post something to a forum or some other sort of internet social media, you're always going to have to take hate, whether or not it's criticism, or just blind hate.

but whatever it's your choice
Thanks for making me change my mind, i'm going to make this mod a better mod.

Sep 20, 2016 at 5:47 AM
Its dark in here
"Deaths: 4000"
Threads are never deleted and never will be. Everything we say and do on this forum is near permanent.

I wasn't exactly the biggest fan of Poop Story, but the screen shots here seem to show that a lot more work was put into this. so, i'll look forward to seeing the demo when it comes out.

Sep 20, 2016 at 2:53 PM
Professional Whatever
please change the name tho

Sep 20, 2016 at 4:00 PM
Forever 12
Change the mod's name to "The Fecal Matter Splatter"

Sep 20, 2016 at 9:32 PM
The "C" in "college" is for "crippling debt".
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
Change the mod's name to "The Fecal Matter Splatter"

Please don't do this. Just direct the plot entirely away from the immature subject of shit.

Sep 20, 2016 at 9:49 PM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
please change the name tho
I would be fine with it just being poop story.

Fecal Matter Story is way more cringey than that.

Sep 20, 2016 at 10:09 PM
Beakface
"All your forum are belong to us!"
I would be fine with it just being poop story.

That initial title kept me from considering playing the mod in the first place.

Besides, if you really wanted to give your mod an excretory title, why not consider other things humans excrete besides feces, like Carbon Dioxide Story or Sweat Story? At least that'd be slightly more creative. Maybe.

Sep 20, 2016 at 10:30 PM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
That initial title kept me from considering playing the mod in the first place.

Besides, if you really wanted to give your mod an excretory title, why not consider other things humans excrete besides feces, like Carbon Dioxide Story or Sweat Story? At least that'd be slightly more creative. Maybe.
Carbon Dioxide Story and Sweat story sound a little forced to me.

Sep 21, 2016 at 12:41 AM
Forever 12
Please don't do this. Just direct the plot entirely away from the immature subject of shit.

but why direct the plot entirely away from what it is

(i'm kidding)