Favorite Weapon

What is your favorite gun/weapon in Cave Story?

• Total voters
Mar 13, 2013 at 1:58 AM
Hey.
"In Soviet Russia, graves keep YOU!"
Koopa1998 said:
Spur. Reason? No energy crystals. Great weapon yadayada.
That was a bit of bump to the thread there. Make sure you check the date of the last post.

I never saw this thread and since I actually wanted to give my opinion I would like to say that I prefer the Spur, simply because of how good I am with it. I can belt out level two beams within seconds of each other and that gives a really big advantage. The Snake is okay two but I hate having to level it up. It's a really cool gun though and I can see why people prefer it. The Machine Gun though I never beat the game with before because I hate it.

Also I never understood how people can use the Nemesis, especially in the Sacred Grounds, where there are energy crystals everywhere. I guess it's good for some bosses like the Red Devil, the Doctor and Misery, but I still prefer to use the Spur because it takes three hits to kill the Red Devil and the Doctor only has a small opening for attack that lets you hit him with a fully charged Spur.

Mar 13, 2013 at 2:37 AM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
I used to like the snake but nowadays I definitely always (always!) take the machine gun. It's a powerful-ish weapon early on, and more importantly, the ability to hover with it ends up being so useful in the sandzone and the labyrinth and the outerwall. Makes those parts so much faster. It's not as powerful as the spur, but you should have other powerful weapons at that point (nemesis/blade and missiles). The only downside is that the snake is still a bit better for hell speedrunning.

Mar 13, 2013 at 2:42 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Oops, my mistake on the bump. v.v

But, I also like the Snake. It's almost, almost, like turning Hell into Heaven. Shooting under the walls to break the Deleets. .u.

May 1, 2013 at 3:32 AM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
What is your favorite weapon in Cave Story?

Me personally, it's a close tie between the Spur and the Blade.

If you can't choose one then choose your favorite two.

May 1, 2013 at 3:43 AM
Tommy Thunder
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator
"Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun."
I really like the Spur. I understand that it's statistically not the best gun, but I feel I'm at my prime when using it. Nemesis comes in second, the only downside to it is the quick level up for me. Snake is nice too (I love shooting through walls), but I still prefer the Spur, maybe because lasers.

May 1, 2013 at 3:54 AM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
My favourite weapon is the "Retread thread" gun because it has autofire and unlimited ammunition

May 1, 2013 at 3:55 AM
/end
Level 2 Blade, Bubbler, Super Missile Launcher, Machine Gun

May 1, 2013 at 3:58 AM
THE suus
"Keep on rollin'!"
I like the blade. Its strong even at lvl 1, and incredible at lvl 2, and tears the hell outta bosses at lvl 3.

May 1, 2013 at 3:59 AM
Been here way too long...
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator
SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA-

*enormous breath*

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE

it shots booletz thru wlas. wat esle u wnat???

May 1, 2013 at 4:30 AM
THE suus
"Keep on rollin'!"
Dunc2403 said:
*Enormous gush over the snake*
Atleast GIR agrees with you. I like it when I speed run hell, but i can't find a good use for it otherwise.

May 1, 2013 at 4:40 AM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
They are all my favorite, except the bubbler.

May 1, 2013 at 4:47 AM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
In all honesty, I'm stuck between Spur and Blade. (Fireball kinda has a nice spot in my heart, but not enough to get the best) Spur because it probably finishes the story line the best. (Going back to give the Hermit Gunsmith his gun back and letting him experience the "Difference between Creators and Experiencers") Blade because of high dps spam and King. (Gotta love and keep King close to me) (Not sure if It's established yet, but I really hate the Nemesis and Missile Launcher in period)

May 1, 2013 at 5:12 AM
Based Member
The Spur is my favorite, with the Super Missile Launcher being a close second.

The Spur not only has a nice all-purpose firing mode like the Polar Star, but also has an unlimited amount of bullets allowed on screen at once. And of course, you can charge it for varying amounts of time for varying amounts of damage. While it may not have as much damage per second as some weapons, I believe that no other weapon can pack as much damage in one single bullet as a fully-charged Spur can.

The Super Missile Launcher comes in second because its rockets travel quickly, and do massive damage. If you get up real closely, then you can mash the trigger and fire very rapidly, making for the most damage per second possible in the game, which is a large part of why it's my favorite. It's thanks to this thing that many bosses (most notably Ballos' fourth form) are so easy if you know how to use it.

May 1, 2013 at 5:32 AM
Amaya
Discord Group Moderator
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
WHY AM I THE ONLY PERSON TO LIKE THE POLAR STAR D:

Oh wait, Gir voted for it too! =D

...but only because it wasn't the Bubbler ;_;

May 1, 2013 at 5:47 AM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
Gotta go with Dunc on this one. While I enjoy the Spur and the Machine Gun (and the Polar Star before you trade it out), the Snake is probably my favorite weapon overall. I also really really like the Nemesis and the Blade, too, though, so I voted for them as well.

And I'm not sure if it's been said much, but in addition to Hell, the snake makes the fist Core fight a piece of cake. You can stand behind a block that keeps you safe from pretty much all of the Core's projectiles and spam the snake to make short work of the boss.

May 1, 2013 at 5:59 AM
Amaya
Discord Group Moderator
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
Dunc2403 said:
They're useful when you get them, and then can be made into the best weapon.
Mosaic said:
...and the Polar Star before you trade it out
That's the thing...I just use the Polar Star for the whole game. I don't like giving it away :(

May 1, 2013 at 11:40 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
The Bubbler may be weak, but it still is gloriously fun to use. It has my vote.

May 1, 2013 at 3:42 PM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
Spur, mainly because of the sidequest you have to go on to do it. I really feel for the hermit, you know?

Though the concept of the Blade is cool, and it IS very powerful when spammed correctly, which I haven't mastered yet.