FANFICTION

Dec 12, 2013 at 6:28 PM
Amaya
Discord Group Moderator
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
43501 said:
The best Cave Story fanfiction I've ever read is indisputably this one. It far, far, far surpasses all other fanfiction I've seen for this fandom/series in both content and quality.

Also I wrote one too some time ago but I already complained about how nobody here really cares for writing. It's the same for any given fandom, though. In terms of original content creators in fan circles, writers are sewer-rat peasants and artists are Gods. It's the way it is.
But The Stranger I Knew is saaaad :(

I agree that it's some great Fanfiction, and the writing is superb. And it agrees with a lot of the little theories I've made. But I just personally hate mind-control/possession plots where the good guy loses themselves to evil. Always have. So I can't appreciate most of it much. (Although the last scene with Quote and Curly is kinda sweet in a sad way.)

Blame is also a bit sad but also really cute and some nice reading. You did very well on it. £=

I actually attach more importance to writing, but most of my writing is too personal to share. In the field of fan content, I'll take a really awesome piece of literature over art any day, but I can see why art might be better valued. Visual information is easier to digest than a story in text, after all. I think it takes an equal amount of effort to make good art and good writing, but art is immediately easier to enjoy, while you have to dig a bit to absorb the wonders of a great story.

I don't agree with those who revere artists over writers, of course, but that could be why that is.