EVO 2015

Jul 21, 2015 at 4:57 AM
The TideWalker
Modding Community Discord Founder
"That dog!"
So what did you guys think of it this year?

I only watched Sm4sh and Smash melee, but I was hyped over it. Especially it being my first tournament I've watched on stream.

I laughed as Zero tackled Mr.R in a 3-0 as diddy kong in grand finals.
I cried, not seeing armada play peach, Mang0 SD twice in one match, and Hungry box get destroyed in grand finals.
I cheered my heart out watching all these players I have been following the past 5 months play their best (well, my dad was sleeping one room over, but I did the best I could).
My jaw dropped seeing obadongo perform that one frame waft punish on Mr.R in quarterfinals.
Overall a great time and made my weekend worth it. :)

also melee finals had over 200,000 viewers tune in to watch, that's a lot for a game that's 14 years and and played on a CRT.

congrats armada for being number 1 of the gods

p203903-0-screenshot20150720at1.jpg

Jul 21, 2015 at 5:10 AM
Tommy Thunder
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator
"Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun."
BLink said:
I only watched Sm4sh and Smash melee, but I was hyped over it. Especially it being my first tournament I've watched on stream.
Yeah same here. I've been getting into watching competitive Melee a bit and it was a lot of fun seeing a live event like that for the first time. Even though I prefer to play Smash 4 over Melee, as a spectator it's a bunch more fun to see top level Melee play. Moments like Chu's comeback as the solo Ice Climber (SOPO as they called it) and hungrybox's rests are so hype. I was rooting for hbox all the way through, but hey I'll settle for him getting second. It was definitely a fun event.

Jul 21, 2015 at 6:57 AM
THE suus
"Keep on rollin'!"
R.I.P HungryBox, best jigg out there ;_; ^ you will live on in our hearts

I also watched some of mahvel, and any match with zero is hype. those combos are insane.

Jul 21, 2015 at 3:56 PM
Based Member
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Goerge Bobicles said:
Yep, CRT televisions, as opposed to the flat-screen TVs you see today. The reason people use CRT televisions for these events is because the video signal is delayed when a GameCube is hooked up to a flat-screen TV, whereas CRTs receive the signal almost instantly.

Jul 22, 2015 at 5:15 PM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
Here's my summarization of EVO:
=SMASH 4=
ZeRo gets to EVO
ZeRo automatically gets to the finals
ZeRo nails Mr.R
ZeRo is Numbah wane
=MELEE=
Mang0 fails America
Mang0 fails America again
Armada goes hardcore
I'm telling you to press 1 now
Press 1 for Hungry box
Armada is champ

In short, it was to hype for me and I also lost a bet with a friend. He said if mang0 SD more than once in a match I have to eat 10 grilled cough drops.

It was awful.

Jul 23, 2015 at 12:32 AM
Offensive User
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
Here's my summarization of EVO:
No Bill so it wasn't worth watching