Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 30, 2008 at 8:45 PM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
If so, that could be easier.

Jan 30, 2008 at 9:31 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
I suspect you have to climb the tower, fight Zeshiro and Fesia, all as Zarro... Man, now I have to restart the mod, again.

Jan 30, 2008 at 9:59 PM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
I just noticed I get a free ammo refill with Character Swap.

After reading the note, I am beginning to believe that you have to play through the game and never fight (Maybe only in boss battles) with Daniruu once you receive Character Swap.

Feb 2, 2008 at 7:06 AM
Source Splicer, 2nd Class
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
Zeshiro did a really nice job with those facepics, but it seems as though Shades once again lacks a portrait... Well, anyways, I played through from the beginning again and noticed a few things...
First, Fesia's "Igor" form has a brighter green outfit than before. Also, the multiple lightning visual effects are gone when she vanishes after the battle.

Second, an unusual little thing I discovered when I swapped characters before leaving the "Formal looking" chamber- [Click to view] Dani Squared, anyone? (Note: the text skipped when I took the pic. It had nothing to do with the coding itself.)

Clever way of hiding the "Secret" I mentioned before. If it wasn't for the hint in the posts, I might've missed it again like I did in the 5.2 build.

Finally, although I missed the hidden weapon myself, I did finish the 2nd battle with Fesia in an unusual way- [Click to view] You have to feel bad for her when the battle ends like that, though...

Great work so far. I don't think I'll go back to Normal difficulty anytime soon... Once you start to play on Hard Mode, you won't want to go back...

Feb 2, 2008 at 7:41 AM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
Bad Beholder said:
Zeshiro did a really nice job with those facepics, but it seems as though Shades once again lacks a portrait... Well, anyways, I played through from the beginning again and noticed a few things...
First, Fesia's "Igor" form has a brighter green outfit than before. Also, the multiple lightning visual effects are gone when she vanishes after the battle.

Second, an unusual little thing I discovered when I swapped characters before leaving the "Formal looking" chamber- [Click to view] Dani Squared, anyone? (Note: the text skipped when I took the pic. It had nothing to do with the coding itself.)

Clever way of hiding the "Secret" I mentioned before. If it wasn't for the hint in the posts, I might've missed it again like I did in the 5.2 build.

Finally, although I missed the hidden weapon myself, I did finish the 2nd battle with Fesia in an unusual way- [Click to view] You have to feel bad for her when the battle ends like that, though...

Great work so far. I don't think I'll go back to Normal difficulty anytime soon... Once you start to play on Hard Mode, you won't want to go back...

Shade's face died from too many updates, hehe.

Yeah, Fesia (Igor) looks better now.

I guess the game did not expect you to immediately switch to Daniruu after you obtain Character Swap.

Well, I had major help with the secret, so I guess I feel a little unhappy I needed assistance.

For the hidden weapon, I moved the chest to the floor and opened it, and got a note explaining how Zarro conquered everything in his path. I believe you have to fight with Zarro only, and not use Daniruu I take it.

Hard Mode is much more fun, hehe.

Feb 2, 2008 at 9:02 AM
Luls
"Bleep, Bloop, Bleep, Bloop"
I noticed that Dani was doubled too though jcys claimed he didn't ><

Feb 2, 2008 at 2:05 PM
Justin-chan
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
She really didn't for me. D:

Feb 2, 2008 at 9:02 PM
Been here way too long...
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
Lunairetic said:
For the hidden weapon, I moved the chest to the floor and opened it, and got a note explaining how Zarro conquered everything in his path. I believe you have to fight with Zarro only, and not use Daniruu I take it.

HACKAR >:mad:

Feb 2, 2008 at 9:29 PM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
I'm too lazy to get very far, but this hack is really good, judging from the parts I've played.

Feb 10, 2008 at 10:23 PM
HOLY SHI--

Chapter 6 is here.

Reletivly short, actually, but action-packed, nontheless. It also ends with quite an earth-shattering twist. Have fun!

Also, someone change the topic name to "Eternal Chaos - Chapter 6 (10/02/08)", please and thanks.

Oh, and by the end of the chapter, you should have either 35 or 21 health, depending on the difficulty.

Feb 11, 2008 at 11:52 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
This mod is awesome! Keep up the good work!

BTW, this may not get answered, but

is that dude with the red right eye a cyborg Ballos?

Feb 12, 2008 at 2:43 AM
Wow, Chapter 6 is one rough ride... Especially because I only have 15 life AND I'm playing on Hard Mode. I can't wait to see somebody complete this mod with only 3 life after it's completed! Great job with the new chapter, ZTaimat!

And now for spoilers... Avert your eyes!

(Just joking around)

I was not expecting Hykahl to use the Core as a body... I like the clever usage of the "heat" effects replacing the standard water, too. My guess was that Hykahl would be using a Heavy Press body on the 2nd encounter, considering that dark vertical corridor that's occasionally traveled through (And where the player finds the Kagerou along the way).

I have a theory about where the "Darkness" medal could be, and the "Ika-Chan" medal might be too obvious (Unless you moved it elsewhere)... I already found the "Heart" medal (And struggled yet again because of the low health I had while trying to finish up the chapter). The last one, however, eludes my possible theories on its location... Well, back to the start I go, then!
Boom 147 said:
BTW, this may not get answered, but

is that dude with the red right eye a cyborg Ballos?
I don't mean to sound rude about this, Boom 147, but I have a feeling that it's Pandimonium's who's going to use the Ballos setting, but now that you mention it, it definitely sounds like you'd be right about Hykahl using Ballos' role.

Feb 12, 2008 at 3:27 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
I don't mean to sound rude about this, Boom 147, but I have a feeling that it's Pandimonium's who's going to use the Ballos setting, but now that you mention it, it definitely sounds like you'd be right about Hykahl using Ballos' role.

I wasn't talking about the setting. Hykahl said he died in the future, and Pandimonium brought him back. That's got me thinking Hykahl IS Ballos.

Though, I'm usually wrong about stuff like this, so idk.

Feb 12, 2008 at 10:26 PM
Updated chapter 6 -> 6.1

- Added some skipflags for the longer events (Including Hykahl)

- Fixed Zeshiro's death animation

- Cleaned up the Volcano

By the by, the 4th medal...

'An extended tour of the volcano'

Riddles are fun :p

Feb 13, 2008 at 3:56 AM
I downloaded the most recent version (6.1) and started from the beginning again on Hard Mode. I did come across a few more things recently...

In the battle where you can earn the Darkness Medal, you never get to keep it after the battle's end.

The Life Capsule at the end of Zarro's escape route is now missing, but I did find some others that I've missed in previous chapters... It was most likely moved, so this could be intentional and not a bug, however.

I know I could check ALL of the spoilers in the previous posts, but it seems I still can't get the hidden item in the tower, even after I played as Zarro all the way from the last Ballog battle(s, since it's a two part boss battle unlike the other encounters). This is probably because of my own incompetence and not due to a bug, though.

If Zarro picks up the Kagerou, Dani keeps saying "Not yet.'' when you try to enter the next area, even after I character swapped over to her (Because the Kagerou was missing from both of their inventories, it seems). It's still possible to proceed onward if she picks it up and enters the next zone. It makes it a lot harder to get weapon levels back up, too...
Other than that, I believe everything's working as it should. I don't mean to be harsh or anything, I was just stating out a few things.

Feb 13, 2008 at 12:24 PM
Welp, that's what demo's are for; To find bugs, so they can be resolved.

1) My fault - forgot to add a skipflag for it, I'll do so now.

2) A few life capsules are the 'same one', depending on location. If you got the prior life capsule in that approximate location as Dani, before...

3) Too late.

4) I'll look this over aswell, and see how I can fix it. (Probably a flag I put in the wrong place)

Feb 13, 2008 at 10:17 PM
Starbound sucked sadly
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
i lost my save,(last save i backed up was at the start of chapt 5) and i cant be bothered playing 5 to chapter 6 >_>

Feb 14, 2008 at 12:06 PM
Starbound sucked sadly
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
lol i got bothered and played no 5 again to get to 6 and i think you did a great job. i especially love the new face pics:p also....im stuck on the bit where daniruu comes out to help. i mean seriously cant you add a extra save slot or two? any way ill keep trying until i beat it or untill i get so pissed off ill kill the next person i see lol yeah.... so keep up the good work

Status
Not open for further replies.