Eternal Chaos - Chapter 5 (20/01/08)

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 17, 2008 at 7:50 PM
Vanished.
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
SeriousFace said:
Heres an idea, lets all be assholes because we can. Thats funny right?
I like you ._.

May 17, 2008 at 9:12 PM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
Aw.. Please don't quit because of these dorks Z. I have been a fan of this mod for months and this is a real letdown.

You guys really messed up big time.

May 17, 2008 at 9:25 PM
Been here way too long...
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
JacobX891 said:
MAY I PLEASE HAVE A COPY WITH THE ORIGINAL PORTRAITS?????

How, exactly, would that work out? If by 'original portraits' you mean "The ones from Cavestory", it's obvious I can't do that.

My mod currently uses about 108 different portraits; 24 each for Zarro, Dani, and Zeshiro, and 6 each for Pandi, Tanith, Fesia, and Hykahl.

As far as I'm concerned, the portraits are absolutly fine, as-is. They are to show proper expressions as to how the character feels while saying the statements they make.

So, no. I'm not about to take 2 hours replacing all the faces in the mod with the "Originals". Besides, if you hadn't noticed, the original game portraits ARE a variation of anime, in a somewhat distorted-Chibi way.

Even the current portraits are simply a variation of anime. All anime is drawn differently, so long as the artist is different.

Wikipedia states:

In Japan, the term does not specify an animation's nation of origin or style; instead, it is used as a blanket term to refer to all forms of animation from around the world. In English, dictionary sources define anime as "a Japanese style of motion-picture animation" or "a style of animation developed in Japan". Non-Japanese works that borrow stylization from anime is commonly referred to as "anime-influenced animation" but it is not unusual for a viewer who doesn't know the country of origin of such material to refer to it as simply "anime". Some works are co-productions with non-Japanese companies, such as the Cartoon Network and Production I.G series IGPX or Ōban Star-Racers, which may or may not be considered anime by different viewers.

I honestly see no reason WHY you dislike how the portraits are drawn. Anime in itself isn't a bad artform; it just depends on how it's drawn.

Body proportions emulated in anime come from proportions of the human body. The height of the head is considered as the base unit of proportion. Head heights can vary as long as the remainder of the body remains proportional. Most anime characters are about seven to eight heads tall, and extreme heights are set around nine heads tall.

Variations to proportion can be modded. Chibi or super deformed characters feature a non-proportionally small body compared to the head. Sometimes specific body parts, like legs, are shortened or elongated for added emphasis. Mostly chibi are two to four heads tall. Some anime works like Crayon Shin-chan completely disregard these proportions. It is enough such that it resembles a Western cartoon. For exaggeration, certain body features are increased in proportion.

May 18, 2008 at 5:37 AM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
Dude. You whine too much. Are you like 13 years old or something?

May 18, 2008 at 5:42 AM
Luls
"Bleep, Bloop, Bleep, Bloop"
JacobX891 said:
I... they... THEY STARTLED ME!!! AND I DON'T MUCH CARE FOR HAW DANI IS DRAWN! SHE LOOKS TOO MUCH LIKE CHACO TO ME AND I WILL HAVE NONE OF THAT! ALSO I DISLIKE HOW THE MAIN CHARACTER IS DRAWN! DAMN IT!
Oh well, I'm just the guy talking to himself in the corner, so...
NO! FUCK THAT! I CAN BARELY DO EASY! AND WHY IS ZESHIRO SO HARD?!?!?! I CAN'T BEAT HIM WITH ONLY 20 HEALTH ;_;

I'm hoping we can put the 30-something previous posts behind us.
At this point I hardly even know what I want, but I know I want to finish the completed game.

omg please fuck off. Its not funny and you're just - as you seem to me - trying to get attention. Wtf is wrong with you? What the hell do you want to achieve?

Edit - What potraits? >_>

Edity - Realised wtf those potraits are. HOW THE FUCK THIS THIS CONTROVERSY GET STARTED??? WHAT THE FUCKING HELL HAPPENED? THIS MOD IS EPIC! WTF IS WRONG WITH YOU???

Someone tell me wtf is happening...

Omg seriously what the hell happened that made this topic so fucking fucked up

May 18, 2008 at 6:44 AM
"Huzzah!"
So, that's it? Huh.

I was looking forward to checking out the latest few chapters.

May 18, 2008 at 6:46 AM
Jocob happened. Thanks to him, the entire fanbase of the mod suffered. I hope Z can re-consider his decision or atleast give updates privately. I anticipated in this too much to lose to one whiner.

May 18, 2008 at 6:50 AM
Cold Agony of Resolute Vacuum
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
Wow.
The death of a mod.

May 18, 2008 at 6:53 AM
It's too late to redeem yourself kid. You already dug yourself a deep hole.

edit: darn, he edited/deleted his post. He should have done that before posting here.

May 18, 2008 at 6:57 AM
Hiroy said:
It's too late to redeem yourself kid. You already dug yourself a deep hole.

edit: darn, he edited/deleted his post. He should have done that before posting here.
Look, this is the kind of thing I hate to see; so he may or may not have made a mistake. There's no need to ostrasize him for it.

And ZT, we were all looking forward to your mod. But if you feel you don't want to do it any longer, it's your call.

May 18, 2008 at 7:04 AM
DragonBoots said:
Look, this is the kind of thing I hate to see; so he may or may not have made a mistake. There's no need to ostrasize him for it.

And ZT, we were all looking forward to your mod. But if you feel you don't want to do it any longer, it's your call.

Yeah... I guess you are right.

May 18, 2008 at 7:05 AM
Hiroy said:
Yeah... I guess you are right.
DB always is.
Except when he's not.

Hope ZT changes his mind...

May 18, 2008 at 7:14 AM
DragonBoots said:
DB always is.
Except when he's not.

Hope ZT changes his mind...

I hope so too. By the meanwhile, I'll just make a 3rd run through the mod, and play the older version of Heaven's Tower to ease my mind. Balanced challenges like this mod is rather nostalgic.

May 18, 2008 at 7:16 AM
Hiroy said:
I hope so too. By the meanwhile, I'll just make a 3rd run through the mod, and play the older version of Heaven's Tower to ease my mind. Balanced challenges like this mod is rather nostalgic.
Have you checked out my mod?
*Shameless plugging*

May 18, 2008 at 7:25 AM
Luls
JacobX891 said:
I'm not trying to redeem myself...
I'm trying to say don't even mention this thread to me again in the future...
Or I'll kill you.

Frankly, this is all your fault...

Omg ZT don't just quit because of this person....

He's not worth being the cause of all this mother fucking commotion...

Btw Jacob stop your retardacy cause it really isn't funny but instead infuriating...

Edit - actually I wouldn't mind having you away from this forum...

May 18, 2008 at 7:28 AM
Metalogz said:
Frankly, this is all your fault...

Omg ZT don't just quit because of this person....

He's not worth being the cause of all this mother fucking commotion...

Btw Jacob stop your retardacy cause it really isn't funny but instead infuriating...

Edit - actually I wouldn't mind having you away from this forum...
Logz, drop it, alright?
So it was not the choicest of words.
So he made an ass of himself.
Just let it go.

May 18, 2008 at 7:45 AM
Luls
DragonBoots said:
Logz, drop it, alright?
So it was not the choicest of words.
So he made an ass of himself.
Just let it go.

*opens hand and lets Jacob go by the collar*

May 18, 2008 at 7:47 AM
Metalogz said:
*opens hand and lets Jacob go by the collar*
Good.

May 18, 2008 at 9:53 AM
Justin-chan
Damn. Z, I honestly hope you will continue to release your mod, if not here, somewhere else perhaps? Maybe you can PM me a link. :/

May 18, 2008 at 10:19 AM
Luls
jcys810 said:
Damn. Z, I honestly hope you will continue to release your mod, if not here, somewhere else perhaps? Maybe you can PM me a link. :/

Please re-release it for those who actually appreciate your mod... It really rules and rocks... Probably the best mod i ever played D:

Seriously pleaseee D:

Status
Not open for further replies.