Does Not Commute

Aug 20, 2024 at 4:16 AM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
Pronouns: Pronouns: Pronouns: Pronouns: Pronouns: Pronouns:
Over the course of the past few months, I've been porting this mod from CSE2 to d-rs. Since I've now reached a point where the mod is as-good-as if not better than its CSE2 counterpart, I've decided to make a standalone post for it. (The previous posts being part of the mega-mini mod thread)

Such a pretty logo

The new version, along with being open source, brings better replay mechanisms, NPC balancing, performance improvements, and other enhancements in addition to all the Quality-of-life features native to doukutsu-rs.
This version also no longer requires manual saving, since community feedback said they'd prefer if the only thing that carried between levels was the time. (as opposed to the old version, which also saved player health and weapon levels). This keeps thing simple though, since it allows saving to be automated.
Not seen: A sticky-note on Quote's back that says `How's my driving?`
Is the d-rs mascot still blue? I don't even know anymore, but I must say this is my favorite version of quote I've drawn so far.
I intend to keep working off this version in future updates.

A beautifully chaotic title screenWatch replays from the level select menu
Space levels are cool
Note: The timer isn't your only concern

Aug 20, 2024 at 4:49 PM
World's #1 Laharl Kinnie
"All your forum are belong to us!"
Pronouns: She/It
Is the d-rs mascot still blue? I don't even know anymore, but I must say this is my favorite version of quote I've drawn so far.
Alula asked me if I would design a new d-rs mascot and I've been busy with work...

Is this mod still based on that one mobile game you mentioned in the other thread?
Also the border is a cute detail.

Aug 20, 2024 at 8:55 PM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
Pronouns: Pronouns: Pronouns: Pronouns: Pronouns: Pronouns:
Is this mod still based on that one mobile game you mentioned in the other thread?
Yeah, content-wise it's more or less the exact same as the CSE2 version at the moment, except for the fact that I moved backends and cleaned up the UI.

I didn't think it would take as long as it did to do that, but that's how these things tend to go. I originally had in mind to add another installment of levels + bosses when I did the move, but that quickly went out the window when the porting process stretched on and on.

I kept looking at my old code and going "There's such a better way to do this", and then proceeded to nix the old way and re-implement it from scratch. A lot of it was perfectly warranted, and the new backend is so much nicer than the old one, but these aren't changes you see or notice when playing the game.

Back