Different suggestions.

Apr 19, 2011 at 11:28 AM
/end
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
But related to the current thing going on. This is because of Rule #1 mostly.

First off, I created another account to test this (should be obvious) so delete or ban those accounts (I messed the first one up so had to make another one).

Anyway, what I was testing was something I think I set up a while back. Now, I am not sure if DT or AWII are aware of this, but you can set it up where when a user makes an account they get an PM from a forum user (Can be any user but most of the time it is the forum Owner/Admin) and what is in the PM is normally a copy of the rules since people are more likely to read a PM of the rules than the rule thread itself.

Now, I think I set it up where Thomas would send a copy of the rules to new users (Can't remember, might not have had the power to do so.) but since new users have no PM box they can't get these messages, so my first suggest is to change the Neophyte Member group where it has a PM box of 1 just so they can get the welcoming PM. Even a spambot can't do any harm with an inbox of 1 which limits them to sending 1 PM very slowly at a time since they have to delete the message before they can send again and most spambots are just programmed to send, send, send without stopping. Also, I can't remember fully at the moment, but I do believe there is a way to stop new users from sending PM's and only allowing them to get PM's sent to them.

This is all rather simple to set-up and only takes about 5 minutes or so. If you happen to do this then I also suggest changing the message to the new new rules and changing it where AWII sends the PM instead of Thomas. (If I did set it up that way.) It is as simple as typing the username into the box and the messages get sent automatically.

Also when making an account you should take that bottom part out about 'Referring Website' 'Which website brought you to the forums?' and maybe change the NoSpam! Verification Questions to Cave Story related instead.

Apr 19, 2011 at 12:08 PM
http://imgur.com/EuvCtsQ
"In Soviet Russia, graves keep YOU!"

why not?

Apr 19, 2011 at 1:31 PM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
1. It would be easier to simply send it in the registration email.
2. 'Referring Website' removed.
3. Any question ideas?

Apr 20, 2011 at 4:52 AM
Only Love, Maximum Love, Forever
Lemme think...
I'm not sure what vBulletin has in the way of Admin customization, byt if I knew I'm sure I could help out somehow

Apr 21, 2011 at 11:17 PM
/end
andwhyisit said:
1. It would be easier to simply send it in the registration email.

Or, post it before they even get to making an account. On that whole click here saying you accept even though not many people read that.

andwhyisit said:
3. Any question ideas?

What is the first gun you get?

Polar Star. (I forget if those things are case sensitive.) Though you should be able to put Polar Star and polar star as acceptable answers.

What character do you met in the Sand Zone?

Curly. Jenka.

Who is the first character to talk to you?

King. Jack.

What can you get by trading the Polar Star?

Machine Gun. Snake. Spur.

What is Balrog's famous line?

Huzzah.

King gives you his?

Blade.

Apr 21, 2011 at 11:36 PM
Been here way too long...
MetaSeraphim said:
What character do you met in the Sand Zone?
Misery, the Doctor.
MetaSeraphim said:
Who is the first character to talk to you?
Kanpachi, Toroko.
MetaSeraphim said:
What is Balrog's famous line?
OH YEAH!

The questions should probably be easier. Some people may want to post in the Technical Difficulties subforum without beating the game. Stuff like "What color is the protagonist's hat?" and "What animal do Mimigas resemble?"
Or maybe use a high-school level math problem as a more effective filter.

Apr 21, 2011 at 11:39 PM
Tommy Thunder
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator
"Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun."
Captain Fabulous said:
Kanpachi, Toroko.
You both missed the Hermit -_-"

Captain Fabulous said:
The questions should probably be easier. Some people may want to post in the Technical Difficulties subforum without beating the game. Stuff like "What color is the protagonist's hat?" and "What animal do Mimigas resemble?"
Or maybe use a high-school level math problem as a more effective filter.
I'm liking all of this.

Apr 21, 2011 at 11:46 PM
Tommy Thunder
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator
"Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun."
Captain Fabulous said:
"Snore" doesn't count as talking.

I do agree with that, but when you answer the question I'm sure someone would have remembered the Hermit as the first person they communicated with, so I don't see why you'd have to be so strict not to include that. :rolleyes:

Apr 22, 2011 at 3:27 AM
Been here way too long...
Where is the center of gravity of a non-uniformly dense planar lamina located? (Assuming said lamina is modeled by the functions f(x) and g(x))

Any given function can be expanded into a polynomial. What is the relationship between this expansion and the expansion of the functions inverse?

Why should tau be accepted as the new circle constant over pi?

What factors directly effect running speed?

Why was Fermat's Last Theorem important?

Which part of speech is most likely to be transformed into a joke by pubescent idiots?

Did you cry when Littlefoot's mother died in "The Land Before Time?"

Apr 22, 2011 at 11:57 AM
/end
Captain Fabulous said:
Kanpachi, Toroko.

You have to go up to Kanpachi and Toroko for them to talk to you so it is like you're talking to them, not the other way around.

Apr 26, 2011 at 5:05 PM
Pirate Member
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
MetaSeraphim said:
You have to go up to Kanpachi and Toroko for them to talk to you so it is like you're talking to them, not the other way around.
Ditto King and Jack. You're never forced to talk to either one of them until after you beat Balrog the first time.
If you're talking about "first person to talk to you" then it would be Toroko in the shack, unless I'm forgetting someone.
"first conversation possible" is King.

Jun 26, 2011 at 7:47 PM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
I'm serious. We need a forum games and 5p4mm3rz thread.

Jun 26, 2011 at 7:59 PM
Level 73 Procrastinator
I didn't miss this

I'm hope you're joking, seeing as you've posted in both the The S.P.O.T. and Forum-Based Games section already.
Please go back to lurking/not posting, if that's not so. {Please}