Did I just get the World Record for Cave Story 3D Blood Stained Sanctuary Speedruns?

Mar 17, 2024 at 8:58 PM
It Really Do Be Like That Sometimes
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
I'm thinking of someday making a video analyzing Cave Story 3D and how weird it is, so I've been recording my first play through. I'm pretty decent at getting through Blood Stained Sanctuary pretty quick, so whenever I do a play through I try to get a quick time. When I did my run, I was pretty shocked to see that my time was under 2 minutes. I checked the "High Scores" page here, (https://www.cavestory.org/fan-works/high-scores.php) and yup! My time was lower than the one currently listed as the World Record, which is 2'13"2. I went ahead and did another run with a better time (1'41"5), which I'll link here:
My run was done on original hardware with an original cartridge. It was recorded using cuteNTR, which is why the video has no audio.

It does seem that the 290 counter in Cave Story 3D counts slow, so that makes me wonder: How low can this go? Anyone with a 3DS and Cave Story 3D, try to get a good hell time! My run already technically has a lower 290 counter time than the current CS+ BSS speedrun, So I want to see how ridiculously low this can go. Is sub 1 minute possible? Probably not. But it can't hurt to try, even if it means I only have the record for like 10 minutes.

Update: Just got a new record with a 1'32"8:

Last edited: