Destroyed Sky Dragon Eggs

May 22, 2009 at 1:07 AM
Level 73 Procrastinator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
XD

rust45 said:
Wow, that is pitiful, seeing as though she does one damage to you, you 7 health back then(if it is a normal playthrough) and she goes in a small pattern that you can get out of.
It was a normal playthrough, hence why I find it so funny, XD
I haven't let him live it down, yet. :D
Infact, that gives me another idea for my mod....
Mwhahahaha...

rust45 said:
Also, lol at your fixing of dying.
Yeah, well, apparently a lot of people misspell it.
andwhy pointed it out to me in one of these threads...
{I forgot which....XD}

May 23, 2009 at 12:07 AM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
I just thought of a new theory about the reason why the eggs are empty in the first place. Maybe they just weren't fertilized, and then it was noticed that they weren't and they added the security there.

May 23, 2009 at 12:10 AM
Level 73 Procrastinator
O.o;

rust45 said:
I just thought of a new theory about the reason why the eggs are empty in the first place. Maybe they just weren't fertilized, and then it was noticed that they weren't and they added the security there.
That raises a whole 'nother question....
What fertilizes the eggs....?!

May 23, 2009 at 12:12 AM
Been here way too long...
Dragons. You'd think that one was obvious.

May 23, 2009 at 12:14 AM
Level 73 Procrastinator
Heh

Captain Fabulous said:
Dragons. You'd think that one was obvious.
O rly?
Was there even a "Mother" or "Father" dragon to begin with?
What if they just engineer the whole eggs, themselves? {The researches, aka Kazuma and such}

May 23, 2009 at 12:15 AM
Been here way too long...
You would think it's easier to build a glider or something, rather than genetically engineer a new species.

May 23, 2009 at 12:18 AM
Level 73 Procrastinator
>.>

Captain Fabulous said:
You would think it's easier to build a glider or something, rather than genetically engineer a new species.
Obviously, you have no idea how hard it is to build a glider.
SOOOO much easier just to make a few dozen giant eggs with dragons in them.

May 23, 2009 at 12:27 AM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
Captain Fabulous said:

Well, obviously it IS faster to build a glider or a plane. However it is quite clear to me that they had no choice but to genetically engineer a species, because they obviously only had biologists, and no engineers. And plus, a plane or glider is too boring, takes all the fun out of making dragons, and playing GOD. Messing with nature is obviously the more fun, realistic, and efficient choice, because who wants to build a glider? No one. Who wants to make dragons? Everyone.

May 23, 2009 at 12:29 AM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
VoidMage_Lowell said:
Obviously, you have no idea how hard it is to build a glider.
SOOOO much easier just to make a few dozen giant eggs with dragons in them.

>.> Ignoring the joke.

There was most likely a mother and father but they could've died after mating season. Or it just takes so long for Dragons to develop that they were long gone before hand. Also, why were the Dragons all turned into zombie except one?

May 23, 2009 at 12:29 AM
Level 73 Procrastinator
Lies

GIRakaCHEEZER said:
Who wants to make dragons? Everyone.
Maybe some of us want to make miniature-Balrogs, instead.
=P
rust45 said:
>.> Ignoring the joke.

There was most likely a mother and father but they could've died after mating season. Or it just takes so long for Dragons to develop that they were long gone before hand. Also, why were the Dragons all turned into zombie except one?
The zombie part's easy to answer:
Ballos' magic was unleashed when the Core was destroyed, yesno?
That's what killed all of the dragons, made them into zombahs, and blew up the Corridor.
Kazuma probably hatched Number 00 before that happened, and was safely outside when all this transpired...

May 23, 2009 at 12:33 AM
VoidMage_Lowell said:
Maybe some of us want to make miniature-Balrogs, instead.
=P

The zombie part's easy to answer:
Ballos' magic was unleashed when the Core was destroyed, yesno?
That's what killed all of the dragons, made them into zombahs, and blew up the Corridor.
Kazuma probably hatched Number 00 before that happened, and was safely outside when all this transpired...

How could it be safe outside roughly 20 feet from the corridor?

May 23, 2009 at 12:39 AM
Level 73 Procrastinator
=D

rust45 said:
How could it be safe outside roughly 20 feet from the corridor?
Magic's magical. Don't question Magic!
Fewl.
:D
Maybe he was flying around, off the Island completely?
Ballos' Magic's pretty random {Another point from my mod, =D}, maybe it completely missed the Outer Wall.
The room with Number 00 didn't even look scratched, anyways....

May 23, 2009 at 12:46 AM
If Kazuma flew off, why did he fly back and see Quote? And did it seem like the only place affected was the Corridor.

May 23, 2009 at 12:48 AM
Level 73 Procrastinator
Timing

rust45 said:
If Kazuma flew off, why did he fly back and see Quote? And did it seem like the only place affected was the Corridor.
Timing's explicit in Cave Story.
Amazing, really.
Maybe Kazuma was making sure the dragon could even fly, and to see if he could control it....
And magically got back in time to avoid Ballos' random magic, but meet up with Quote..

May 23, 2009 at 12:51 AM
But he obviously could control it so why didn't he escape, I'm sure he wasn't thinking Quote would come and he would take Quote with him. Also, where are you getting this theory about Ballos's magic when you injure the core?

May 23, 2009 at 12:56 AM
Level 73 Procrastinator
*Shrugs*

rust45 said:
But he obviously could control it so why didn't he escape, I'm sure he wasn't thinking Quote would come and he would take Quote with him. Also, where are you getting this theory about Ballos's magic when you injure the core?
I remember andwhyisit pointing out why the Corridor was in ruins, somewhere.
Stuck in my head because I never could figure out why the Corridor was wrecked by just playing the game....
Anyways, the Core was the positive power working against the negitive power {Ballos}, which kept the Island afloat.
After Curly and Quote damaged it, it couldn't completely stop Ballos' magic, but it could still keep the Island afloat....

Kazuma's not a complete coward, and maybe the Dragon got tired from the exercise? It's just a newborn...
And he probably wasn't thinking Quote would be there. He acted surprised when he found him in the Number 00 room...

May 23, 2009 at 1:00 AM
Well since your saying it was the island was keeping afloat because Ballos would bring it down without the core. What keeps the island afloat with both dead? And please try to cite andwhy, and want to see what he said.

May 23, 2009 at 1:04 AM
Level 73 Procrastinator
Heh

rust45 said:
Well since your saying it was the island was keeping afloat because Ballos would bring it down without the core. What keeps the island afloat with both dead? And please try to cite andwhy, and want to see what he said.
I can't remember where he said it for the life of me, :D;

Anyways, the two powers, the Core and Ballos, balanced each other out, Positive and Negative.
The Island naturally floated, but when Jenka locked up Ballos, she had to build the Core to keep his magic in-check and to prevent it from pulling the Island down..
When you killed the Undead Core, any bit of power the Core had left was destroyed with it, so Ballos' magic was fully unleashed, which began pulling the Island into the ground.
With Ballos' death, his negitive influence on the Island stop, and it simply regained it's naturl bouincy.

May 23, 2009 at 1:11 AM
So what, the air is made out of neutral energy making the island do buoyant? Does that mean everything on the land filled with negative energy, and clouds are made of positive energy?