Damn Mimigas

May 22, 2009 at 1:22 AM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
Damn Monster X

I need some help, I'm doing a 3 hp run of Cave Story and I'm stuck at Curly. I keep on knocking out the mimigas with the polar star and hurting Curly with the fireball, but for some reason when you hurt a mimiga, while they're falling they can hurt you and that keeps killing me. Does anyone have any advice for this battle, and maybe future ones?

Also since I'm on the subject of my 3 hp run. What weapons would you suggest? Spur? Snake? Nemesis? No machine gun because I don't like it.

EDIT: Need help with Monster X now.

May 22, 2009 at 1:24 AM
Been here way too long...
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Spur and Blade. As for the curly fight, just stay away from the Mimigas. Don't forget that you can jump.

May 22, 2009 at 1:26 AM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
Captain Fabulous said:
Spur and Blade. As for the curly fight, just stay away from the Mimigas. Don't forget that you can jump.

Care to elaborate a little on your choice? I'm not sure if I want to do the core fight with the polar star and I like the Nemesis for it's game breaking ability. Keep in mind I will be going through Hell.

May 22, 2009 at 1:27 AM
Level 73 Procrastinator
FEWLISH FEWL!!!

No!!!
Spur and NEMESIS!!!
Instant win! :D
Blade sucks against Bosses, Nemesis doesn't.
And Spur handles the regular doods.

Anyways, I've never had any trouble, even with low HPs, against Curly...
I guess just use fancy platform skillz and the Fireball if you're having a hard time jumping and hitting them....

May 22, 2009 at 1:28 AM
Spur. Because you're not using the MC, and the Snake blows.
Blade. Because it's really, really hard to level down the Nemesis without dying.

May 22, 2009 at 1:30 AM
Level 73 Procrastinator
Psh

Captain Fabulous said:
Blade. Because it's really, really hard to level down the Nemesis without dying.
Don't level up in the first place, ^.^
Nemesis is mostly for boss fights, and the only ones that are dangerous with crystals would be Heavy Press and Ballos, but switching weapons quickly fixes that, =D

May 22, 2009 at 1:34 AM
Captain Fabulous said:

But I like the snake :D It's shooting through walls helps me defeat enemies before they can kill me, and it does great damage. But say spur and snake were available at the same time, I would just get the spur, but I hate the core with the polar star so I was thinking snake.

May 22, 2009 at 1:36 AM
Level 73 Procrastinator
Huh?

rust45 said:
But I like the snake :( It's shooting through walls helps me defeat enemies before they can kill me, and it does great damage. But say spur and snake were available at the same time, I would just get the spur, but I hate the core with the polar star so I was thinking snake.
You mean the Undead Core?
I thought he was pretty easy with the Spur.
And I never kill Sue or Misery, :D
You can just hide until he opens up wide, and 5-8 full blasts finishes him, =D

May 22, 2009 at 1:41 AM
I never thought about not killing them, I always got after Misery first. Besides, ignoring them on 3 hp could get me killed, and I wouldn't want to fight the doctor again at that point.. But I was talking about the normal core, he is impossible with the polar star with me. And I have perfect spot for the snake in the battle also. But when I look at the spur, it as you said can own the undead core, but it also owns the red devil, ballos and can be shot at max at heavy press before you use the nemesis. The only thing really keeping me on the snake is the first core battle that I would have only the polar star with the getting the spur.

May 22, 2009 at 1:44 AM
Level 73 Procrastinator
Ah

rust45 said:
I never thought about not killing them, I always got after Misery first. Besides, ignoring them on 3 hp could get me killed, and I wouldn't want to fight the doctor again at that point.. But I was talking about the normal core, he is impossible with the polar star with me. And I have perfect spot for the snake in the battle also. But when I look at the spur, it as you said can own the undead core, but it also owns the red devil, ballos and can be shot at max at heavy press before you use the nemesis. The only thing really keeping me on the snake is the first core battle that I would have only the polar star with the getting the spur.
Ah, the first Core battle....
If you stick to using the Polar Star to kill all his projectiles, you should be able to collect ammo from them and blow him to hell with the Missile Launcher!
That's what I do :D

Also, the first time through Cave Story, I didn't kill them for fear of a bad ending, but they're not really that challenging...
Sue's only harmful when spinning, and Misery only attacks if you shoot her, first.

May 22, 2009 at 1:47 AM
Well that could work, but I also heard that the bubbler might be able to destroy the projectiles with ease, that might help too, yeah, I think I'll go for the spur. (but I still love the snake) Also, do you think I should get the whimsical star?

May 22, 2009 at 2:06 AM
Level 73 Procrastinator
=D

JacobX891 said:
Um... Yes?
Of course!
It's free, yesno?
And, if you were patient enough, you could kill anything from the other side of a wall, =D

May 22, 2009 at 2:22 AM
The Snake really isn't that much more useful than the Polar Star against Monster X and the Core. Ironhead is the only boss where you might need some extra firepower before acquiring the Spur, but he's not that hard, right?

May 22, 2009 at 2:28 AM
Level 73 Procrastinator
Heh

Captain Fabulous said:
The Snake really isn't that much more useful than the Polar Star against Monster X and the Core. Ironhead is the only boss where you might need some extra firepower before acquiring the Spur, but he's not that hard, right?
I've never actually acquired the Snake before, so I don't really understand why everyone likes it XD
And yeah, Ironhead's easy.
Rockets + All those fish {Which drop more rockets} = Cracked Iron Skul
l :D
{There's another idea for the mod...heheheh....}

May 22, 2009 at 2:35 AM
Wait, you've never gotten the Snake before? Really?
And also you shouldn't be using anything but missiles on the bosses themselves. Everything else can be taken care of by the Polar Star, which is why the Spur is so great, since it can do little orange Critters and big friggin Undead Cores.

May 22, 2009 at 2:39 AM
Level 73 Procrastinator
Eh?

Captain Fabulous said:
Wait, you've never gotten the Snake before? Really?
And also you shouldn't be using anything but missiles on the bosses themselves. Everything else can be taken care of by the Polar Star, which is why the Spur is so great, since it can do little orange Critters and big friggin Undead Cores.
Yeah, never got it, ^.^
Always went Spur...

And that's what I meant...
Unleash your salvos on Ironhead, who will survive through all the shots, and then use all of his annoying little fishie friends to replenish your missile supplies.

And
Spur > Ballos

May 22, 2009 at 5:51 AM
Yeah, I had no worries about ironhead in the first place, it may take me a few tries but I didn't have any worries. Monster X I know the blade is more effective and the core was really my only worry, but since I've looked around and read your posts, I've thought of a good strategy to use on the core. And then I can get the spur.

Also Void: Try a playthrough with the snake, you'll see it has a lot of uses.

May 22, 2009 at 9:36 AM
"Huzzah!"
spur and nemesis as forcurly fight keep using fireball its not that hard

May 22, 2009 at 9:42 PM
Level 73 Procrastinator
Bubbler Run Through

odin 2128 said:
spur and nemesis as forcurly fight keep using fireball its not that hard
What if you can only use the Bubbler? ^.^;