Custom MyChar Releases

Mar 19, 2009 at 3:07 AM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
What is this?
This is a thread I've decided to make, in order to share all the custom MyChar sprites I Am, and will be working on. Here you will be able to Download custom sprites to play as, as well as see future releases and make suggestions.

Will These Harm My Game?
In reality, they really shouldn't unless you've done something wrong. I don't upload anything to the public unless I've tested it enough to be satisfied with it myself. And even if you DO manage to break your game with it somehow, I'll be providing Reset downloads that contain the original pbm files, in case you ever wish to switch back.

Why Release These Publicly?
I like editing sprites, I like criticism and I like sharing what I've made with others. Also, I plan to make so many, that I'd feel a fool to play them by myself.

How Often Will You Upload New Sprites?
As often as I finish them. Which may take up to a day or 2 per sprite, (Not a day or two per release) depending on how busy I am with life. It may be longer after the list I've come up with is finished, it's surprisingly hard to come up with ideas. (well, actually it isn't it's just hard to come up with ideas that are do-able)

So, How Does This Work?
After this last comment. I will Start the Downloads section, which will contain the links and detailed descriptions of each available character. The next section will be the "Coming Soon!" section, and will contain the sprites I intend to do in the future, along with very minor descriptions.

-FINISHED PROJECTS-
Misery: The daughter of Jenka, and slave to the demon crown. This newer brighter version has already been released by me in an earlier thread, but seeing as it's relevant I'm going to include it here.
Features - Uniquely colored, and redesigned sprite. Edited weapon sheet (arms.pbm) that remove magical looking weapon models allowing you to simply fire the bullets from your character. (Bubbler, Spur, Snake)
Further Comments- First sprite I edited, and most likely the most reliable as well. The pbm files included allow her to use the booster without a trail.
Download from MegaUpload

Protoman: Robot-00, built by Doctor Thomas Light. Attacks with his Protobuster.
Features- Fully customized and re-paletted sprite. Attacking arm is a cannon, allowing the custom arms.pbm supplied with it to seemingly fire bullets out of it without use of a gun. Shoulder mounted and other heavy weaponry not effected.
Further Comments- Protoman is awesome, and this was a very fun sprite to work on. Add in the Spur for a chargeable "Buster" and let the fun commence.
Download from MegaUpload

Mini-Omega
: The Boss from the Sand Zone, miniaturized.
Features- replicated sprite of the original Omega, this includes the ability to open its jaws. Included is a Bullet.pbm that changes the look of the fireball and snake bullets.
Further Comments- This was a difficult sprite to make, and I did not finish the game using it, though I tested all of its poses in the first cave. There is also an arms.pbm included to make the Fireball and the Snake invisible while equipped. Also, my thanks go out to Bad Beholder for suggesting movements/poses!
Download from MegaUpload

Megaman: Also built by doctor Thomas Light. Fires using his Megabuster.
Features- Protoman-esque sprite design. Same extra files included to allow the bullets to fire from his arm.
Further Comments- I personally do not like this sprite. As it didn't stand out enough for my liking. (Megaman has a very bland design and this didn't show well when I reproduced it) Still very playable however, and a fun download for MM fans.
Download from MegaUpload

Yotsuba: 4Chan's mascot and 404 girl. Originated from a lighthearted manga.
Features- Cartoony sprite with bright colors. Included Bullet.pbm turns handgun fire into missing image and 404 errors.
Further Comments- This was fun to work on. She is much brighter than the other sprites and I think she matches her original character well.
Download from MegaUpload

-Useful Things To Have-
As well as this Original File Pack, I suggest having a Archive Program like Winrar or 7Zip to open and utilize the .RAR files in these downloads.

-CURRENT PROJECT-
Deluxe Misery: Currently in early planning and sprite designing. No actual sprite sheet has been finished at this moment.
Goals for this project- FULLY working and animated Misery, moving legs, different staff carrying pose, Spriteless weapons to replicate "magic" projectiles. Custom Palette will likely be included. Won't be as bright as my current Misery MyChar.

-COMING SOON!-
Colonel: Grim infantryman, custom weapon designs.
Skelly: Skeletal Sprite (May be difficult to do)
Mimiga Soldier: Soldier from the first war, generic mimiga with combat accents.
Gaudi Warrior: May not work, I'll need to check the sizing on Gaudi sprites.
Robot Infantryman: Generic combat robot, from the first invasion of the island. Missile Launcher redesign

Have something to say? Please post all Comments/Criticism/Suggestions here! If you have a sprite you want to suggest feel free to leave me a profile message and a reference link of the character.

UPDATE-Friday, May First
Sorry for not updating as much as I'd hoped. I got a job as a research assistant and the hours are pure rape, so when I DO have time to rest it's generally all I want to do. The Doctor sprite I was working on took some strange turns, I can't seem to get him to look right, his face is the biggest issue. Even after making a custom sprite like I did for Omega, he is hardly recognizable. I plan to keep trying in my spare time. As for things that have been brought up in this thread, I re-uploaded all the files and added a "Useful Things" Section for those of you who somehow don't know what a .RAR file is. As always, just give me a shout if things aren't working right and I'll do my best to fix them.​

Mar 29, 2009 at 12:01 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Ooh, good work there. I've only tried out Misery and Yotsuba, but I'm gonna go take a crack at playing as Megaman. :D

Mar 29, 2009 at 2:39 AM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
I have a few sugggestions:
Homer
Date
Robloxian

Oh yeah, you need to put in .pbm files of the characters. .rar files don't work.

Mar 29, 2009 at 2:51 AM
Hax on....Hax off....
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
Yeah! the doctor would be great.
You can make the snake look like the doctors shots

Mar 29, 2009 at 3:25 AM
Hax on....Hax off....
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
You need some program like Winrar. It's easy to use so that one and it's free so it'd be your best option i think

Mar 30, 2009 at 6:17 PM
In front of a computer
"Man, if only I had an apple..."
I would agree with Jacob, this time. I've heard bad things about Winrar, I think...

Apr 2, 2009 at 6:30 AM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
Sup everyone, just letting you all know that everything has been worked out on my end so I'll start making sprites again. I'll happily work on the Doctor for a bit but it may be extremely difficult to miniaturize his sprite.

Also, just to throw it out there, I use winrar. I used to use 7zip and it was pretty damn good, but I've found that winrar seems to handle multi-part files and disc images better.

Apr 7, 2009 at 12:49 AM
Been here way too long...
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
why on earth is this in hacking/modding?
It's a release of a mini-modpack.

crazy admins...

Apr 23, 2009 at 5:00 AM
Woops!

Accidentally my entire internet guys, I'll try and work out a new sprite by sunday.

Apr 24, 2009 at 2:25 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Never used rapidshare. Please upload somewhere else.
"This file is neither allocated to a Premium Account, or a Collector's Account, and can therefore only be downloaded 10 times.

This limit is reached.

To download this file, the uploader either needs to transfer this file into his/her Collector's Account, or upload the file again. The file can later be moved to a Collector's Account. The uploader just needs to click the delete link of the file to get further information.
"

May 1, 2009 at 7:43 AM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Yeah, rapidshare sucks. Your mod is now pretty much dead because of poor site picking...

Oh, and I have a couple suggestions:

Balrog. Just, Balrog...No idea how, but I'm sure people would like to play as Balrog.

Furry Sue: Sue as she was as the final boss. Why? Why NOT.

Jenka: Because there's nothing funnier then a 1,000 year old woman blasting monsters to hell.

Lemeza: From La-Mulana. Again, why not?

And lastly, for now, GIR from Invader Zim.

May 1, 2009 at 10:27 PM
OneMatty said:
Yeah, rapidshare sucks. Your mod is now pretty much dead because of poor site picking...

Oh, and I have a couple suggestions:

Balrog. Just, Balrog...No idea how, but I'm sure people would like to play as Balrog.

Furry Sue: Sue as she was as the final boss. Why? Why NOT.

Jenka: Because there's nothing funnier then a 1,000 year old woman blasting monsters to hell.

Lemeza: From La-Mulana. Again, why not?

And lastly, for now, GIR from Invader Zim.

"Also, my apologies for only having Rapidshare links, Mega-Upload doesn't seem to want to accept my files right now."
It makes me sad when people don't read before they post. That has been there for ages and if it weren't true I wouldn't have put it there. Luckily, I'm updating today so I won't just do what I would normally do and say "Cry Moar" Also, Jenka and Balrog have LONG been playable sprites, maybe you should utilize google before asking for something that already exists.

I've already decided that I won't ever try and make Furry Sue, and as for why not? Because she is massive and you can't make a sprite that is bigger than Quote work as a playable character. And needless to say if you were to shrink her, it wouldn't even end up being recognizable as the boss. (At least too my liking)

GIR might work, and I'll consider Lemeza, But frankly I am quickly running out of spare time nowadays so it may be a while.

May 2, 2009 at 2:48 AM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Madmin The Madman said:
"Also, my apologies for only having Rapidshare links, Mega-Upload doesn't seem to want to accept my files right now."
It makes me sad when people don't read before they post. That has been there for ages and if it weren't true I wouldn't have put it there. Luckily, I'm updating today so I won't just do what I would normally do and say "Cry Moar" Also, Jenka and Balrog have LONG been playable sprites, maybe you should utilize google before asking for something that already exists.

I've already decided that I won't ever try and make Furry Sue, and as for why not? Because she is massive and you can't make a sprite that is bigger than Quote work as a playable character. And needless to say if you were to shrink her, it wouldn't even end up being recognizable as the boss. (At least too my liking)

GIR might work, and I'll consider Lemeza, But frankly I am quickly running out of spare time nowadays so it may be a while.

Sorry if I'm a noob...Anyway, would you mind linking me to the mod where you can play as Balrog? I've been searching fot it ever since you said Balrog has long been a playable sprite...

May 24, 2009 at 10:40 PM