Create an Achievement

Dec 18, 2008 at 12:15 PM
"Huzzah!"
Celtic Minstrel said:
First of all, "latters" not "ladders". And I'm not going to disagree with you on that, generally. It's really just when the achievement involves dying that I object... because that's not really something to boast about.

"Oh, I died in the start cave! Do I get an achievement status?"
- "Uh, no, because any new player would be able to avoid that. That's stupidity, not an achievement."

(And I say this despite the fact that I may have died there myself. ;) )
I said latters and it said "mispelled" and it didn't say mispelled for ladders so I just assumed latters = wrong while ladders = right. CURSES SPELL CHECK! YOU DISHONOR ME!

Aside from that, I think that Dieing in first cave is so IMPOSSIBLE to do, unless you actually ATTEMPT it, that you should get one.

Dec 18, 2008 at 3:19 PM
In front of a computer
"Man, if only I had an apple..."
Linknight said:
I said latters and it said "mispelled" and it didn't say mispelled for ladders so I just assumed latters = wrong while ladders = right. CURSES SPELL CHECK! YOU DISHONOR ME!
Well "latter" is usually not pluralized, so that would be why. Actually, I suppose it would technically have been more correct to say "the latter two"... but pluralizing it makes sense to me, even if it's not an official word.

Linknight said:
Aside from that, I think that Dieing in first cave is so IMPOSSIBLE to do, unless you actually ATTEMPT it, that you should get one.
...True, it's impossible unless you attempt it, but I still don't think you should get an achievement for it. (Also, "Start cave" not "First cave"... isn't "First cave" the one with bats and critters?)

Roonil: Well, so long as they're not deaths...

Dec 19, 2008 at 12:08 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Bad Guy: Shoot Curly's companions at least 75 times before taking down Curly.
Crikey!: Kill a Sandcroc.
Flight School: Spend 10 minutes using the jetpack.
Flying Ace: Spend an hour using the jetpack.
Precision: Beat the game without touching spikes.
Stick to what works: Never trade in the Polar Star.
Dedicated: Beat the game in one sitting.
Not so useless: Finish off any boss with Whimsical Star.

I hope I didn't steal anybody's...

Dec 19, 2008 at 12:20 AM
"Huzzah!"
Celtic Minstrel said:
Well "latter" is usually not pluralized, so that would be why. Actually, I suppose it would technically have been more correct to say "the latter two"... but pluralizing it makes sense to me, even if it's not an official word.
Yeah, thanks for telling me though. Now I won't mess up =3

Celtic Minstrel said:
(Also, "Start cave" not "First cave"... isn't "First cave" the one with bats and critters?)
Yup yup, My bad on that.

Teften said:
Bad Guy: Shoot Curly's companions at least 75 times before taking down Curly.
Crikey!: Kill a Sandcroc.
Flight School: Spend 10 minutes using the jetpack.
Flying Ace: Spend an hour using the jetpack.
Precision: Beat the game without touching spikes.
Stick to what works: Never trade in the Polar Star.
Not so useless: Finish off any boss with Whimsical Star.
Bad Guy: Pretty cool. That one I like.
Crikey!: To easy, maybe if you kill like all of them once or something.
Flight School / Flying Ace: I've seen achievements like that before, so no fault on those.
Precision: Secret Cave hidden is going to make you rage...
Dedicated: Beat the game in one sitting, you mean like don't save once? That would be hard...Good metal though.
Not so useless: That one I like, yet it seems to easy.
There should be levels to this one. Like "Do 10% of a bosses health, Do 25%, Do 50%, Do 100%"

Dec 19, 2008 at 6:58 AM
I WANT YEN LIN!!!
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
After Whimsical Star, the only bosses left are the Sisters, Ma Pignon, that cave guy, Misery and so on with those endgamers.

I'd say only Misery or thatcaveguy is possible, and would you really waste your effort getting up there to a risk of dying? So it's just Misery left!

Dec 19, 2008 at 5:48 PM
In front of a computer
"Man, if only I had an apple..."
Teften said:
Linknight makes a good point. What exactly is meant by "in one sitting"? If it means "without saving", sure, but say that. If it means "without qutting the application", that's pretty stupid, because the game could be left open for days and days and it would still be fulfilled. If it means "in under 12 hours", then it's technically valid, but there's no way for the game to verify that it's fulfilled.