Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 5, 2010 at 1:16 AM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Re: Discolor: My Homebrew Game

WoodenRat said:
But yeah I guess it's cool pretending we're awesome lawyers who could give the next person who pissed you off 5 years in Alabama level 4 correctional facility.

Hey man, we can HIRE lawyers.

That's how they make money, you know.

Aug 5, 2010 at 1:19 AM
Pirate Member
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"

GIRakaCHEEZER said:
Hey man, we can HIRE lawyers.

That's how they make money, you know.

By WE, you mean our parents?

And I doubt my parents, and yours too, would throw away money just because a mean man took away my drawings. Besides we'd probably lose the case because if he would've been preparing for this grand-theft-drawing for a long time. If he hadn't though, then fuck he's a retard and it doesn't matter.

Aug 5, 2010 at 1:21 AM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator

WoodenRat said:
By WE, you mean our parents?

And I doubt my parents, and yours too, would throw away money just because a mean man took away my drawings. Besides we'd probably lose the case because if he would've been preparing for this grand-theft-drawing for a long time. If he hadn't though, then fuck he's a retard and it doesn't matter.

If this said person was selling said copyrighted intellectual property, then chances are you could win a lawsuit and make money.

And no, I mean we. We're not all living off of our parents here.

Aug 5, 2010 at 1:22 AM
Pirate Member

girakacheezer said:
we're not all living off of our parents here.

. . .

Aug 5, 2010 at 1:30 AM
Been here way too long...

Good job with not answering my question about your cover, S. P.
Also, good job everyone with completely derailing the thread.

Aug 5, 2010 at 3:03 AM
graters gonna grate

Fire1052 said:
But... How does that actually prevent us from doing it?

You could say the same thing about any law or ethical principle. There is absolutely nothing to prevent you from grabbing a weapon and attempting to murder the nearest person. You would probably get caught and be punished, but that doesn't change that you did it. Granted, sixty doesn't really have a way of enforcing if you use his music. SP would probably delete any remixes posted on the forums or take some similar action, but he can't control what happens outside of the forums. Theoretically, you could make a remix and not share it with the forums and nobody would be any the wiser, but you shouldn't share it elsewhere if you respect sixty's wishes.

You may be justified in doing a remix if you think his restrictions are unreasonable (idk if it's legal; I'm just talking from an ethical standpoint). But he only said not to use it without PMing him first, implying that he's willing to discuss the option of allowing others to remix it and isn't just being a jerk.

Also SP, Captain has a good point about your Dear CF song. I might say the same thing with regards to the song we're talking about via VM that Fabulous said about sixty's music.

And I would say don't lock this thread unless sixty requests it, since it's basically his thread.

Aug 5, 2010 at 4:00 AM
Bonds that separate us
Forum Administrator

This entire argument is dumb because it implies that Fire would be capable of remixing something in the first place

Also, thread un-derailed. No reason for this conversation to continue here, I doubt anything fruitful will come of it.

Aug 5, 2010 at 1:31 PM
Hoxtilicious

Captain Fabulous said:
Good job with not answering my question about your cover, S. P.

There are a lot of covers and remixes of Touhou music, ZUN knows that and he doesn't care.
There are even people selling them. Also there are a alot of fan remixes and covers, if he wouldn't like that he would have said that in a Interview.

Wedge of Cheese said:
Also SP, Captain has a good point about your Dear CF song.

Captain has absolutely no point. He talks about things he doesn't even know about, thinks he has a point but instead has absolutely no point. Also sixty disallowed it in this thread, ZUN never did that.

Aug 5, 2010 at 7:01 PM
Been here way too long...

I wasn't trying to make a point, I was asking some questions, and you answered them in the most condescending way possible.
Now, I have no problem with turning sixtyseconds's thread into a flamewar, but since you're an admin, maybe you should show a little restraint.

Aug 5, 2010 at 7:32 PM
Hoxtilicious

Captain Fabulous said:
I wasn't trying to make a point, I was asking some questions, and you answered them in the most condescending way possible.

I already answered these questions in the IRC yesterday and afaik you were there. I don't owe you these answers, especially not, when you're only interested to make me look like a hypocrite.

Captain Fabulous said:
Now, I have no problem with turning sixtyseconds's thread into a flamewar, but since you're an admin, maybe you should show a little restraint.

I have enough of your trolling. This discussion will have an end now.

Status
Not open for further replies.