Community Minecraft Server!

Apr 30, 2011 at 12:04 AM
Hey.
"In Soviet Russia, graves keep YOU!"
Re: Community Minecraft Server!

Cave Story said:
.....And you left a hole in the side of my tower.

Oh, sorry, that was my fault. Creeper troubles. I forgot to fix it.

Apr 30, 2011 at 1:03 AM
Been here way too long...
"Life begins and ends with Nu."

Cave Story said:
So I logged on and I noticed someone moved my bridge from the cave story tower-- I can understand that it was big but you didn't even tell me and you left a hole in the side of my tower. Also, you missed a few rails while remodeling it. If you're going to do that PLEASE tell me first, it's just inconsiderate if you don't and since we have a small community it won't be hard to tell me, and if you're going to do something to someone's building you should at least tell them.
I moved it because it was awkward and unused, and the reason the tracks aren't finished is because I don't have any gold to make boosters. I didn't think you would mind since it's less obtrusive and, again, I've never seen anyone use it. Plus, once I add boosters, it won't be a one-way trip anymore.
Cave Story said:
Also, so the Adventure map is on 4/30/2011? or is it today, 4/29/2011? Should we just log into the regular server, and if we do where do we go? Thanks.
I left a note on the bulletin board (I made a bulletin board, it's in front of the Communitorium) saying it's tomorrow. Make sure you have that texture pack downloaded!

Apr 30, 2011 at 1:36 AM
Member Title
"All your forum are belong to us!"

Captain Fabulous said:
I moved it because it was awkward and unused, and the reason the tracks aren't finished is because I don't have any gold to make boosters. I didn't think you would mind since it's less obtrusive and, again, I've never seen anyone use it. Plus, once I add boosters, it won't be a one-way trip anymore.

I left a note on the bulletin board (I made a bulletin board, it's in front of the Communitorium) saying it's tomorrow. Make sure you have that texture pack downloaded!

Yes, I downloaded the texture pack, and I think I have enough gold to make booster tracks for it. I was also planning to make one directly to the communitorium-- so maybe I could take the one going to the quarry down and use the materials to make the one leading there instead. I also couldn't tell if the message wasn't updated.

Apr 30, 2011 at 1:45 AM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
I work all day tomorrow ]:

On a semi-related note, I have like 109 gold ingots so I might be willing to donate some to pimp out your public transportation system

Apr 30, 2011 at 5:24 AM

Awesome. I have lots of iron, so a cart system definitely going to happen. If I don't get distracted again.
Might need to borrow some redstone though.

Apr 30, 2011 at 1:48 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"

my username is Walrusdude16.

Apr 30, 2011 at 9:59 PM

The map we're doing is called "A World Out Of Time." Here is the storyline and rules. Do yourself a favor and don't read the "walkthru notes" yet, those are spoilers. Please do read the rules and storyline though.
It starts in three hours, so be there.

Apr 30, 2011 at 10:37 PM
Member Title

Read it, and it sounds interesting. I understand you took down the server to upload the adventure, but also where do we go when we log in? I'm also guessing we don't have to download the adventure save ourselves, and all you have to do is load it into the existing world and we have to find it somehow? how will we do that?
thanks

Apr 30, 2011 at 11:32 PM

No no, that's not how Minecraft maps work. It's a totally different world than the one we usually play on. The spawn point is very close to the beginning of the adventure. Unfortunately, it can't actually be inside the vault, so... just pretend you started in the vault.
The server's down right now 'cause I was doing things with the computer as well as getting the adventure set up, but I'm gonna put it online again real soon.

May 1, 2011 at 2:44 AM
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"

Had a little look, saw fabulous without a shirt, then I crashed

May 1, 2011 at 2:54 AM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
I couldn't do anything

I miss having the University's internet bandwidth.

May 1, 2011 at 7:00 AM

It started out great. The six of us walked out of our vault, being the first people in 30 years to venture back outside. We were looking for a flux capacitor or something. After about an hour, our adventure took us to the crumbling remains of a great city. This city had a lot of blocks and a lot of monsters, which means a lot of things for my computer to send and receive. After we retrieved the flux capacitor from a derelict vault under the city, massive amounts of lag happened. The game was made unplayable for most of us. We had to call it quits early.
I thought it was pretty fun before that, and the adventure wasn't even close to being over. There was another city. Ah well, I'll know better for next time. Don't have lots of people moving around! It's only one computer.
The adventure map was extremely well-made, and the steampunk texture pack made it extremely awesome. If we just had 2-3 people, it would have gone much smoother.

May 1, 2011 at 7:19 AM
A old relic from older days
"..."

If it weren't for too many players crashing the game and that I'm pretty piled with work that I need to get done, I'd drop in and have some fun with you guys.

Another night. Add me to the whitelist, my Meinkraft username is Cripplechair.

May 1, 2011 at 2:50 PM
Member Title

Captain Fabulous said:

yeah, that's basically what happened. I had to quit before we got the flux capacitor back, because my game was basically un-playable. Very fun before that, though. Also, what texture pack do you guys use normally? I use this one.

May 1, 2011 at 6:14 PM

I use vanilla Minecraft, so that I know what my things will look like to most other people. I also haven't done a lot of searching for one.

Also, cool beans Cripplechair.

May 3, 2011 at 8:16 PM

Reminder: type /list to see who's online.

May 3, 2011 at 10:18 PM
Member Title
Thanks for telling me that! Now I have to stop asking every time I log on >_<

May 5, 2011 at 12:20 AM

Oops, I lied. /list only works for ops. However, you can type /kill to give yourself lots of diamonds!

May 6, 2011 at 2:47 AM

The server is now WildGrass compatible. I think this is the most aethetically pleasing server-side mod out there, so I just had to get it. Here's a screenshot of it with the 128x128 HD Photorealistic texture pack.

May 6, 2011 at 3:48 AM
Only Love, Maximum Love, Forever

Looks fun.
Also, I'm using your server again.