Coloured Posts Argument

May 2, 2009 at 2:56 AM
This Troper
"Man, if only I had an apple..."
andwhyisit said:
Have you seen MetaSeraphim star in a comic? No? That's what I thought. :rolleyes:
*sigh* First of all, since when does anything to do with the Comic font need to have starred in an actual comic? It's just a font, and the "Sans MS" part even only describes it's properties. Okay, actually "Comic Sans" is it's name, and "MS" stands for Microsoft, as in "the Microsoft's version of the font", but after first seeing the name, I figured that it lacked some MS, whatever that is. Again, have you seen Microsoft star in a comic? No? That's what I thought. And last, I thought it was a funny coincidecne. Geez, get a life...

May 2, 2009 at 2:59 AM
Level 73 Procrastinator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Bobcat?

T-Jack said:
*sigh* First of all, since when does anything to do with the Comic font need to have starred in an actual comic? It's just a font, and the "Sans MS" part even only describes it's properties. Okay, actually "Comic Sans" is it's name, and "MS" stands for Microsoft, as in "the Microsoft's version of the font", but after first seeing the name, I figured that it lacked some MS, whatever that is. Again, have you seen Microsoft star in a comic? No? That's what I thought. And last, I thought it was a funny coincidecne. Geez, get a life...
Heh....did someone watch another video? =D
MetaSeraphim said:
Yes. It's obvious Bobcat is blaming something that is their fault for allowing it to go on, on me.
Who...?
...is that andwhyisit's nickname or something..? o.o;
I'm starting to get lost.....

May 2, 2009 at 3:01 AM
This Troper
"Man, if only I had an apple..."
VoidMage_Lowell said:
Heh....did someone watch another video? =D
Nah, I'm still overdosed. After all, I've already seen all of them.

May 2, 2009 at 3:05 AM
/end
VoidMage_Lowell said:
Who...?
...is that andwhyisit's nickname or something..? o.o;
I'm starting to get lost.....

Yes it is. I know this thread has dragged on too far, but what's being said needs to be said.

The whole point of me using colors in my post in this thread was to make a point.

The rules are there to be followed, not broken. And when Administration allows one sole user to break this rule and get away with it the entire purpose of said rule goes out the window.

If you're going to allow one person to break the rules you should allow all of them to break them, or simply remove the rule. No matter how small the rule may be it's an injustice when someone can get away with breaking it.

There are no "special" users on the forum so therefore no one should get special treatment. Every single person on this forum is the same, and that goes for Admins too.

May 2, 2009 at 3:50 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
MetaSeraphim said:
Yes it is. I know this thread has dragged on too far, but what's being said needs to be said.

The whole point of me using colors in my post in this thread was to make a point.

The rules are there to be followed, not broken. And when Administration allows one sole user to break this rule and get away with it the entire purpose of said rule goes out the window.

If you're going to allow one person to break the rules you should allow all of them to break them, or simply remove the rule. No matter how small the rule may be it's an injustice when someone can get away with breaking it.

There are no "special" users on the forum so therefore no one should get special treatment. Every single person on this forum is the same, and that goes for Admins too.

In short. Don't blame something on someone else that you brought upon yourself anywhyisit.
Hey as I said, it wasn't me. I just assumed that the reason why Dragonboots wasn't pulled up on it by SP or anyone else was because he had some kind of special exception to the rule. I did not put that exception into place, I just assumed it was already there.

I have found a way to disable the functionality of the [color] BBcode. Should I do it?

Code:
/* ***** disables all [color] bbcode ***** */
#posts font { color:[default colour]; }

May 2, 2009 at 3:57 AM
The Town Bicycle *cough*
"Keep on rollin'!"
Dont make lame rules like that.I like mah colorz

May 2, 2009 at 3:59 AM
Level 73 Procrastinator
O.O

Don't you think that's a bit extreme...?
There are always people that'll screw with the rules.....It's like a fundamental law of the universe...

..That, and I like my green
o.o;

May 2, 2009 at 4:16 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
You know what? I am sick of being an admin.

I am sick of people pushing more resposibility on me than I signed up for. I am sick of people telling me off constantly no matter what I do. I am sick of having to be everywhere at once on these forums instead of living my life.

I think I want my moderator role back because I was less stressed when I was just a moderator. These forums can go to hell for all I care.

May 2, 2009 at 4:18 AM
The Town Bicycle *cough*
"Keep on rollin'!"
Oh...Im sorry :rolleyes: I think it is my fault you feel that way...

May 2, 2009 at 4:34 AM
Level 73 Procrastinator
....?

Something else the matter...? It doesn't seem that a little argument over some colourful letters would make you explode like so....
Maybe you're being too nice? I've met Admin's who seem to act like complete assholes, but the place runs smoothly because of them and their low toleration for bull crap....
I'd like to help, but I'm not sure how I could....

May 2, 2009 at 4:35 AM
The Town Bicycle *cough*
"Keep on rollin'!"
no...Ive given brandon a great deal of stress in the past...

May 2, 2009 at 4:35 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
whyme said:
Oh...Im sorry :( I think it is my fault you feel that way...
No. This has been a long time coming.

May 2, 2009 at 4:40 AM
The Town Bicycle *cough*
"Keep on rollin'!"
May 2, 2009 at 4:43 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
What I meant was that is wasn't just you, it's everyone, this role has been stressing me out for a while now. And yes I am waaaay too lenient for an admin role.

I have now downgraded myself to moderator.

May 2, 2009 at 4:44 AM
Level 73 Procrastinator
O.o

andwhyisit said:
No. This has been a long time coming.
Just how much of this forum have I been blissfully unaware of....?
{Ignorance IS Bliss}

May 2, 2009 at 4:45 AM
The Town Bicycle *cough*
"Keep on rollin'!"
VoidMage_Lowell said:
Just how much of this forum have I been blissfully unaware of....?
{Ignorance IS Bliss}

alot...the truth is...I am brandon's bane...I...am...AAKid

May 2, 2009 at 5:08 AM
/end
andwhyisit said:
Hey as I said, it wasn't me. I just assumed that the reason why Dragonboots wasn't pulled up on it by SP or anyone else was because he had some kind of special exception to the rule. I did not put that exception into place, I just assumed it was already there.

I have found a way to disable the functionality of the [color] BBcode. Should I do it?

Code:
/* ***** disables all [color] bbcode ***** */
#posts font { color:[default colour]; }

That was less aimed at you than it was any Admin that breaks and allows "special" others their own rules.

I shouldn't have added that last part I admit.

Also, before you demoted yourself you could have just gone in and edited the usergroups instead.

May 2, 2009 at 5:15 AM
Level 73 Procrastinator
*Looks up*

*And notices the thread name change*
Heheh....heh......
...ugh.....

May 2, 2009 at 5:23 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
May 2, 2009 at 5:23 AM
The Town Bicycle *cough*
"Keep on rollin'!"
what? i never take the satelite lounge seriously.