After changing to it I saw that myself.

Better?

C'est magnifique!
Hehe...
You could use that as a weapon.

May 1, 2009 at 3:47 AM
Starbound sucked sadly
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
,_, since when did a topic that was about the birthday of pixel become a war of font colours for posts, you people are children, and should start acting like someone....that isnt a child .-. (preferably not like jacob)

....what? i like purple

im pretty sure we had this problem ages ago >.>

May 1, 2009 at 4:31 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
MetaSeraphim said:
This color is viewable, you have no excuse for warning me and not him. Stop playing favorites.
I wasn't playing favourites, I was respecting everyone else playing favourites. Though if you really want to play the immature "why does he get this and I don't?" card then I guess I have no choice.

Dragonboots, you are now no longer allowed to post in red or any other colour for that matter. Blame MS.

MS, this is not negotiable. Either stop posting in colours or I will make you stop.

May 1, 2009 at 2:17 PM
/end
It's not a case of being immature, it's a case of principles. Warning one person and not another person when the rule says.

"4. Fully coloured posts are not allowed in order to improve readability in all skins."

And not.

"4. Fully coloured posts are not allowed in order to improve readability in all skins. Side note: DragonBoots is allowed to do so."

Anyway, I'll make sure from now on none of my posts are fully colored.

I don't see why the either one of you don't add an option to the forum that removes user's font modifications, aka, size, font, and color. That would solve the problem completely. People could use whatever color they wish too, and people could block it so they wouldn't see it. Win win.

May 1, 2009 at 9:24 PM
Level 73 Procrastinator
What was this post originally about..?

Why not just highlight coloured posts, like with Spoilers?
That's what I do when it comes to hard-to-read posts....

May 1, 2009 at 11:48 PM
This Troper
"Man, if only I had an apple..."
Well, I apologize in advance for this rant, but I had to get it out. It's not on-topic, and there's some pretty harsh language, so if you don't care about the color debate, just skip the spoilered part.
Why not just fuck off? You know, it's not fair. Somebody writes his post all in an unreadable color and I have to highlight it to be able to read whatever it is he has to tell us? Okay, you'd think "So what? It's not like it's that difficult." Well, guess what. This stuff doesn't end after one post. Ten, fifty, eight hundred. And highlighting all this gets tiresome. Really. Fucking. Annoying. And the doom text is even worse. Yeah, you might say that's a wholly different thing, but technically, it isn't. Doom text is too just a text in different color than the default one, only nearer to the "Fuck you" end of the readability scale. Because of all this shit I developed, no, I had to develop the habit to highlight every single post ever. Well, you know what, fuck that. I don't even understand why does this forum need the text formatting options. You don't want your post to be read, just don't post anything. It's that simple.

May 2, 2009 at 12:45 AM
Level 73 Procrastinator
O.o

Sheesh, did that hit a tender spot or something...?
I don't really see what's so big a deal about coloured posts....
...Maybe because I haven't been around that long...
...or I don't find them that annoying...
But rules are rules are rules are rules.

May 2, 2009 at 12:49 AM
/end
T-Jack said:
Well, I apologize in advance for this rant, but I had to get it out. It's not on-topic, and there's some pretty harsh language, so if you don't care about the color debate, just skip the spoilered part.
Why not just fuck off? You know, it's not fair. Somebody writes his post all in an unreadable color and I have to highlight it to be able to read whatever it is he has to tell us? Okay, you'd think "So what? It's not like it's that difficult." Well, guess what. This stuff doesn't end after one post. Ten, fifty, eight hundred. And highlighting all this gets tiresome. Really. Fucking. Annoying. And the doom text is even worse. Yeah, you might say that's a wholly different thing, but technically, it isn't. Doom text is too just a text in different color than the default one, only nearer to the "Fuck you" end of the readability scale. Because of all this shit I developed, no, I had to develop the habit to highlight every single post ever. Well, you know what, fuck that. I don't even understand why does this forum need the text formatting options. You don't want your post to be read, just don't post anything. It's that simple.
Oh, and back on topic: Happy birthday, Pixel.

Then the rule should be only the use of hard to view colors is disallowed.

JacobX891 said:
Hai gaiz, wassup?

You know what, I can view that perfectly fine. Maybe because I am using the best forum skin there is.

Also, I don't have much to add to this post but color. And since the rule is, no fully colored posts, it's allowed.

May 2, 2009 at 1:02 AM
Level 73 Procrastinator
Eh..

Why don't we just drop this discussion and listen to the rules.....
...this isn't a very happy birthday thread anymore....
What would Pixel think of us if he read this thread? =/

May 2, 2009 at 1:43 AM
This Troper
VoidMage_Lowell said:
Sheesh, did that hit a tender spot or something...?
No, I just watched an awful lot of AVGN videos recently, and I always get greatly influenced by whatever I'm watching/reading/whatever at the moment.

VoidMage_Lowell said:
I don't really see what's so big a deal about coloured posts....
...Maybe because I haven't been around that long...
...or I don't find them that annoying...
Or you're used to them... Y'know, I wouldn't mind them, if they weren't such a bitch to read.

VoidMage_Lowell said:
But rules are rules are rules are rules.
Exactly. And on a side note, I find it funny that this font is called "Comic Sans MS". As in "Without MS". Is that just a coincidence or are you really being a dick in a very hidden way?

MetaSeraphim said:
You'd first have to define these "hard to view colors". Oh right, you can't, because there are forum skins, and there's no telling what skins will the intended readers use. Right?

VoidMage_Lowell said:
Why don't we just drop this discussion and listen to the rules.....
I agree. This discussion is making me type posts ten times my usual post length.

VoidMage_Lowell said:
What would Pixel think of us if he read this thread? =/
I think that's not happening any time soon...

May 2, 2009 at 1:51 AM
Level 73 Procrastinator
T-Jack said:
Exactly. And on a side note, I find it funny that this font is called "Comic Sans MS". As in "Without MS". Is that just a coincidence or are you really being a dick in a very hidden way?
Wait. What?
I don't get it...I just like the way Comic Sans looks....
Is there something I'm missing? o.o;
{Like, what's MS? XD}

T-Jack said:
I think that's not happening any time soon...
Yah never know, and it's best to behave, even so. Pissing on a grave has the same effect, but the dead {Hopefully} never get up to complain.

Ah crap, EDIT: I forgot the title...Which should be What..?

May 2, 2009 at 2:23 AM
This Troper
VoidMage_Lowell said:
Wait. What?
I don't get it...I just like the way Comic Sans looks....
Is there something I'm missing? o.o;
{Like, what's MS? XD}
Not what, who. MetaSeraphim.

Yah never know, and it's best to behave, even so. Pissing on a grave has the same effect, but the dead {Hopefully} never get up to complain.
I was refering to the (acknowledged) fact that Pixel, however divine he may be, cannot speak English. So unless somebody translates this to him (which seems pretty improbable to me), it's a safe assumption that this is not happening.

May 2, 2009 at 2:27 AM
Level 73 Procrastinator
Oh.

T-Jack said:
Not what, who. MetaSeraphim.
Oh.
Well, I don't do sneaky stuff like that, I'd say it out in the open to get my point across.
T-Jack said:
I was refering to the (acknowledged) fact that Pixel, however divine he may be, cannot speak English. So unless somebody translates this to him (which seems pretty improbable to me), it's a safe assumption that this is not happening.
Even if he never hears about this site's existence, let alone be unable to read it, we should still not have an argument about pretty colours on his birthday thread.

May 2, 2009 at 2:37 AM
/end
The best way to fix that of course is to move all of the off topic posts somewhere else.

May 2, 2009 at 2:40 AM
This Troper
VoidMage_Lowell said:
Even if he never hears about this site's existence, let alone be unable to read it, we should still not have an argument about pretty colours on his birthday thread.
Well, we shouldn't, but we did. Here, any thread that doesn't get off topic before page 3 is a lucky bastard. That's how it goes here, and noone can change that (believe me, I tried). Furthermore, this was one argument just waiting to happen. I can say only one thing: Welcome to the dark side of the forum.

May 2, 2009 at 2:43 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
MetaSeraphim said:
Someone really needs to tell you the meaning of the term "not negotiable". Plus the colour you are using is even more painful to read.

MetaSeraphim said:
Anyway, I'll make sure from now on none of my posts are fully colored.
If you are going to abuse loopholes in the forum rules then we could just specify a word limit per post for any and all coloured text, create a rule against coloured text or disable coloured text altogether. People will complain, but then again, "blame MS".

..or I could just ban you right now.

T-Jack said:
Exactly. And on a side note, I find it funny that this font is called "Comic Sans MS". As in "Without MS".
Have you seen MetaSeraphim star in a comic? No? That's what I thought. :rolleyes:

May 2, 2009 at 2:45 AM
/end
andwhyisit said:
Someone really needs to tell you the meaning of the term "not negotiable".

Do show where anyone said that.

Oh, and please do tell how this is at all my fault? Was I the one who allowed one single person to bypass the rules?

May 2, 2009 at 2:48 AM
Level 73 Procrastinator
Whew, almost forgot title again....

andwhyisit said:
If you are going to abuse loopholes in the forum rules then we could just specify a word limit per post for any and all coloured text or create a rule against coloured text altogether. People will complain, but then again, "blame MS".
Erm, am I sensing a reoccurring pattern...?
T-Jack said:
....I can say only one thing: Welcome to the dark side of the forum....
....Dark..?
O.o;

T-Jack said:
Let's just get back on topic before this madness continues: Happy birthday (again).
Right.
Happy
late birthday, Amaya!!

May 2, 2009 at 2:53 AM
/end
VoidMage_Lowell said:
Erm, am I sensing a reoccurring pattern...?

Yes. It's obvious Bobcat is blaming something that is their fault for allowing it to go on, on me.